Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ink Business Preferred- Cell Phone Protection Plan. Experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Has anybody used the Ink Business Preferred Cell Phone Protection Plan?

If so, please relate your experience.

Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:37 pm

You could try PM rbears. According to the main Ink Business Preferred thread, he was going to call in last month for a screen replacement:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28725712-post387.html
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Is there a way to start a claim online?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Is there a way to start a claim online?
This article is about six months old; if current, the steps are outlined pretty well. Hope this helps.

https://millionmilesecrets.com/2017/...surance-claim/
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
This article is about six months old; if current, the steps are outlined pretty well. Hope this helps.

https://millionmilesecrets.com/2017/...surance-claim/
Thank you! I did find some blogs but none that actually had the website. His does. In the meantime, I called and talked to them. The CSR told me that my phone wasn't covered b/c it did not have physical damage. My phone just won't power on. The circuit board seems to be shot according to Apple genius bar. I don't see anywhere on the T&C that says it must have physical damage to be covered. This seems crazy to me. I could toss it in the pool and that would be covered, apparently.

Anyone know about this?
Adamantus likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Thank you! I did find some blogs but none that actually had the website. His does. In the meantime, I called and talked to them. The CSR told me that my phone wasn't covered b/c it did not have physical damage. My phone just won't power on. The circuit board seems to be shot according to Apple genius bar. I don't see anywhere on the T&C that says it must have physical damage to be covered. This seems crazy to me. I could toss it in the pool and that would be covered, apparently.

Anyone know about this?
Isn't a damaged circuit board "physical damage"?

If not, toss it in the pool.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:44 pm

If not, toss it in the pool.
Yeah, that's what I thought. The agent said no and when I reread the terms it said this:

"Damage or theft resulting from abuse, intentional acts, fraud, hostilities of any kind (including, but not limited to, war, invasion, rebellion, or insurrection), confiscation by the authorities, risks of contraband, illegal activities, normal wear and tear, flood, earthquake, radioactive contamination, or damage from inherent product defects."

So maybe they are trying to avoid honoring claim by saying damaged circuit board is "normal wear and tear" or "product defects".

Anyone successful making a liquid damage claim?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
T.... My phone just won't power on. The circuit board seems to be shot....

It sounds as if the board "failed", but that isn't necessarily due to damage. Does the card that was used to purchase the phone have an extended warranty benefit?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It sounds as if the board "failed", but that isn't necessarily due to damage. Does the card that was used to purchase the phone have an extended warranty benefit?
Yes, but we're passed that. I wonder if the board failure was due to a charging surge or something.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Ink Preferred Cell Phone Protection doesn't pay sales tax

First time I've used the cell phone protection coverage (daughter broke her iphone screen). Filed claim online. Received payment by check within two weeks (not too bad), but they only paid the "cost of repair" less deductible ($100). They would not pay for the sales tax that Apple made us pay on top of the $129 repair ($11.93 tax).

I called and they verified they don't pay taxes or fees.

Seems really misleading and cheap on the part of Chase.

Just wanted to let others know.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
First time I've used the cell phone protection coverage (daughter broke her iphone screen). Filed claim online. Received payment by check within two weeks (not too bad), but they only paid the "cost of repair" less deductible ($100). They would not pay for the sales tax that Apple made us pay on top of the $129 repair ($11.93 tax).

Do you think Apple made you pay the sales tax or did the State of California make you pay that?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:40 am

So after the deductible you only got 29 bucks from the claim?...am I reading/doing the math correctly here? I guess every dollar counts, but seems like a lot of work for few bucks.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I do not see how it can be misleading when it is unambiguously disclosed in the terms:

What is not covered?
Taxes, delivery and transportation charges, and any fees associated with the cellular service provider.
See page 50 of this document:

https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:25 am

How much information did you give them about ownership of the device? Did they ask you to supply receipts for the original purchase of the device? I'm interested in how they would handle multiple claims from a "family" plan.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:11 pm

I filed a claim on my Ink Pref in Apr 2018 for a cracked screen on a Samsung S6. IIRC, I started the claim online at eclaimsline.com. I needed to submit an estimate for the repair. I went to 4 places and only one would give a written estimate, for $199.95. Others would only give an estimate for ~$50 (applied to the repair, if they did it). I also needed to submit proof that I paid the cell phone bill with my Ink Pref card (easy. CIP statement copy showing AT&T charge), and proof that the phone was paid by that bill. The latter was harder because I had already purchased a new phone and the broken one no longer showed on the account. All the documents were scanned and uploaded to the web site. I called (or maybe they called me) and I explained the problem. It seemed that it was a common problem. He did a conference call with AT&T customer service and she verified that the S6 was on the bill at the time of the loss. That was all he needed and the claim was approved. I got a check for $99.95 about a week later. Very positive experience overall.
cheapdad00 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.