Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:08 pm

i already have the ink business unlimited . Will I still qualify the 100k points promotion if I apply the ink business preferred card now ?
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Chris Fong
i already have the ink business unlimited . Will I still qualify the 100k points promotion if I apply the ink business preferred card now ?
If you are under 5/24 and can get approved then, yes, you should qualify for the CIP bonus also.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I just got this business card and since I live in Hawaii it took almost a month to get here. My question is that though I got it on Dec 3rd and used first on Dec5 my need to earn by 3 month date is Feb 18. When i called in they said they would put a note in my file but that is all they can do. This seem right? Follow up? Anyone have data points from experience? Thx
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:29 am
RNE

Originally Posted by tobikosan
I just got this business card and since I live in Hawaii it took almost a month to get here. My question is that though I got it on Dec 3rd and used first on Dec5 my need to earn by 3 month date is Feb 18. When i called in they said they would put a note in my file but that is all they can do. This seem right? Follow up? Anyone have data points from experience? Thx
Check your math. You were approved for the card on November 18. You received it December 3. It took 15 days to receive the card. Not "almost a month." Stop wasting time complaining about nothing and get spending.
lsquare and tstauck like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:45 am

does this card even make sense to keep going forward if I have the CSR? I mainly signed up for this card for the SUB. Feel like I should downgrade it to the business cash card to avoid a $95 AF going forward...
Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by sleepy3192
does this card even make sense to keep going forward if I have the CSR? I mainly signed up for this card for the SUB. Feel like I should downgrade it to the business cash card to avoid a $95 AF going forward...
CIP made sense to me for 2 reasons: mobile phone insurance and the ability to refer. The free Freedom Flex has similar insurance and now you can refer equally as well with CIC and/or CIU. Both reasons have been neutralized.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
CIP made sense to me for 2 reasons: mobile phone insurance and the ability to refer. The free Freedom Flex has similar insurance and now you can refer equally as well with CIC and/or CIU. Both reasons have been neutralized.
the freedom flex has higher coverage and lower deductible. considering its a $0 AF card, its not bad at all. Only thing is you only get 1x points for phone bills for the flex. You get 3x for CIP. But as you mentioned, all the perks on this card is not really working out for me since i'm not spending much $ on advertising/shipping..
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Would charging Alaska Airlines gift card at Costco be a legit charge to make the spend on this card? Thx
Old Dec 31, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Would charging Alaska Airlines gift card at Costco be a legit charge to make the spend on this card? Thx
Yup.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...21-onward.html

THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.