Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Instant approvals are rare for Chase business cards, judging from my own experience and from reading reports provided by others.

Most of mine were approved within 24 hours (I noticed a new card had been added to my Chase account) while I recall reading other reports of a week in limbo. It appears to vary by individual.
Thanks for the DP. Unfortuantley it was a biz card, so I don't think it will show up in her account (my biz card did not). I've read not to call in, and I have no issues waiting, but just was curious as to timing.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by DVDBob
Thanks for the DP. Unfortuantley it was a biz card, so I don't think it will show up in her account (my biz card did not). I've read not to call in, and I have no issues waiting, but just was curious as to timing.
You can always call the status line for periodic status updates (automated).
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:32 pm

You can always call the status line for periodic status updates (automated).
So I misread the number and got an offer for a free cruise. I was so confused at first, then realized it was an 888 # and not 800. Once I got the right number, got a message that a decision will be sent in writing within 30 days. She only applied a week ago, so I'll wait a little longer.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by manico
Makes sense----sounds like it was my fault because even though I am operating as a sole proprietor, I bill out to my customers using my "business name" which is different.
I'm curious, how do you deposit checks from your customers made out to a name you have no legal "ownership" of?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by manico
Makes sense----sounds like it was my fault because even though I am operating as a sole proprietor, I bill out to my customers using my "business name" which is different.
If you have a business name that Chase can verify, because you have properly registered it with your state, you can apply using that name. The problem arises when people apply using a name for which there is no Fictitious Name registration.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by mia
If you have a business name that Chase can verify, because you have properly registered it with your state, you can apply using that name. The problem arises when people apply using a name for which there is no Fictitious Name registration.
Or a copy of last year schedule C... which will also verify the business's income reported to Chase.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:45 pm
RNE

Wife did exactly this but did not get instantly approved. How long is the wait typically before finding out a decision?
Instant approvals are rare for Chase business cards, judging from my own experience and from reading reports provided by others. Most of mine were approved within 24 hours...
Twenty-four hours was what it took in my case with the Ink Preferred card which I applied for in October, 2019.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Twenty-four hours was what it took in my case with the Ink Preferred card which I applied for in October, 2019.
Well I called in to the status line a week later and it said a decision would be mailed within 30 days so I guess she’s not approved. 😡
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:38 am
RNE

Well I called in to the status line a week later and it said a decision would be mailed within 30 days so I guess she’s not approved. 😡
Have her check her Chase online account. I saw my new card in there days before Chase informed me. Good luck.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:39 am

guys - applied for a card under sole proprietorship. I've had cards with chase before but this time they require 1)proof of business name and 2)proof of business address. Can someone give me easy examples of what to provide in documentation. The agent said a letter would come in the mail providing examples but I'm hoping to get this card soon so want to send them something today. Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by RNE
Have her check her Chase online account. I saw my new card in there days before Chase informed me. Good luck.
It was a biz card, so it won’t show up. 😥
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:22 pm
RNE

It was a biz card, so it won’t show up. 😥
Try calling the automated approval line every day.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
guys - applied for a card under sole proprietorship. I've had cards with chase before but this time they require 1)proof of business name and 2)proof of business address. Can someone give me easy examples of what to provide in documentation. The agent said a letter would come in the mail providing examples but I'm hoping to get this card soon so want to send them something today. Thanks
Your social security card has your legal business name on it. That, plus any utility bill will work.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:53 pm

I'm getting conflicting information on this. I got the CIP using SSN in April 2018 and have since closed. I also got the CIP using corporation EIN (real company with income that I 100% own) in December 2019 and still have it open (spend has been met and bonus points received). Is it possible to self refer myself using the EIN on the app and get a second CIP with the EIN (or even sign up with out the self referral and get a second card that way)? I'm trying to get strictly business cards for awhile since I am 4/24 and just wondering if multiple CIPs are the best way to do this or if I would need to do the Cash card instead?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Your social security card has your legal business name on it. That, plus any utility bill will work.
Would the utility bill itself suffice given it also has my business name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.