Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is a continuation of:

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by stevenhkapt
Hi FTs,

I got my first statement for my Chase Sapphire Reserve and when I looked at the statement I noticed the $450 annual fee had not been charged. Does anyone have data points on when they typically charge this?

Thanks,

Steven
The annual fee will show up on the 1st of the month. If you first statement does not cover the 1st of the month, it will show up on your next statement that covers the 1st of the month. So you will probably see it on Dec 1st.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA, AS, Marriott, Hyatt
Thanks gusg and Need. That explains it. It does not cover the 1st of the month.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:58 pm

Account documents in electronic format

I did send a secure message to Chase asking about the account documents in the welcome package in electronic format, with the following reply:

"Thank you for contacting us with your request for the
welcome kit documents to be sent in electronic format.

I regret that we do not have the account documents that
were sent to you in the electronic format nor is the
information available online."

They certainly have these documents in electronic format but rather not distribute them this way. Why would they do that?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:11 pm

What's With This Stupid Metal Card?

I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve - and they just sent me a metal card (not sure if it is solid metal) to replace my existing card.

Who would want this? Only practical effect I can see is that it is extra metal to set off various metal detectors - at airports or public buildings.

If they actually wanted to make the card more useful, they could have done something practical such as enabling the card for contactless payments.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:40 pm

It is a metal core surrounded by plastic. I have not had it set off any metal detectors, though I always have to empty my pockets completely before going through them which includes my wallet.

The good news is, you don't have to use it! Many people don't like them for various reasons so keep using your plastic one if you'd like. I love my metal cards =)
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:36 pm

National Car is also offering a free rental day for Visa Infinite holders. Not CSR specific, but thought it might interest some here
https://www.nationalcar.com/en_US/ca...-infinate.html

Coupon Code NF1731ODR
● Reserve a Compact through Fullsize car in the United States
● Requires a 3-day minimum (5-day Maximum) rental with a Saturday overnight keep.
● Valid for rentals through 12/31/17.
● 24-hour advanced reservation required
Just compared to the Entertainment book rate & Free weekend day coupon and they priced the same for an upcoming rental.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Not sure whether this is the best thread for this question, but perhaps those knowledgeable can help:

I tried cancelling my Authorized User for my CSR and despite the card being active only for two months, the agent said that there can be no refund or credit given. Accurate information? I thought there was at least the possibility of a prorated credit.

Thanks for your insights.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by freecia
National Car is also offering a free rental day for Visa Infinite holders. Not CSR specific, but thought it might interest some here
https://www.nationalcar.com/en_US/ca...-infinate.html

Coupon Code NF1731ODR

Just compared to the Entertainment book rate & Free weekend day coupon and they priced the same for an upcoming rental.
That coupon code doesn't appear to me to have anything to do with Visa Infinite. It says "XTERRA".
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Not sure whether this is the best thread for this question, but perhaps those knowledgeable can help:

I tried cancelling my Authorized User for my CSR and despite the card being active only for two months, the agent said that there can be no refund or credit given. Accurate information? I thought there was at least the possibility of a prorated credit.
There's discussion of a new policy in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ee-billed.html
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by gusg
There's discussion of a new policy in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ee-billed.html
Ugh.

Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:02 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Where to best keep the earned UR points? CSP or CSR? Or, does it matter?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Who would want this?
Plenty do. Never conflate "I don't want" and "no one wants". If you don't want it then request a plastic card.

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Doesn't really matter where you keep them. You can transfer whenever you want.

Last edited by takeshi74; Nov 18, 2016 at 12:07 pm
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:22 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by takeshi74
Doesn't really matter where you keep them. You can transfer whenever you want.
Appreciate the prompt response!

However, there is some difference in redemption according to Chase as shown below. Just wanted to confirm that there is a difference in redemption from someone who actually redeemed using both cards. And if any way we can transfer UR points from CSP to CSR - my wife has the CSR and I have the CSP.

CSR terms says:
50% More in Travel Redemption

Get 50% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.* For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,500 toward travel.
CSP terms says:
25% more in travel redemption

Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards.* For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:07 pm

The point is that if it's to your advantage to get the higher redemption value from the CSR, you can transfer them there immediately. However, if you use them to transfer to partners instead of booking travel through Ultimate Rewards, it doesn't matter where they are. I keep them all on the CSR just because I like to have them all in one place.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kalboz
When it is for storing, it does not matter.

When you use to redeem travel on UR site, it matters as pts from CSR account worth 1.5 per pt versus 1.25 from CSP.

If you are transferring it to partners, it does not matter as it is always 1:1.

In general transferring to partners get a much better value than 1.5. I routinely get 2 on Hyatt redemption for our travel needs as an example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.