Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 12:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by swiftaw
So I just got an email indicating that Chase Sapphire Reserve card holders can now access digital copy of their PP card in the app.....
That's odd because this feature was added in November 2017. Scroll BACK.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Chase is not limiting guests nor are they introducing any new restrictions. If a particular PP lounge currently permits you to bring in unlimited guests, they still will after 8/26. The only thing changing is how many guest fees Chase will pay for. Prior to 8/26, Chase pays for all of your guests. Beginning 8/26, Chase will pay for up to 2 guests and will bill $27 to your card for each additional guest.
I understand this. I didn't say anything about lounge restrictions. The issue for me is that the unlimited free guest policy is probably the main reason I've kept the card. I already have the Citi Prestige that lets me bring 2 OR my entire family, which is superior. While I only use the benefit of the extra guests once every year or two, I liked having it for the eventuality when we happen to travel with one or two extra friends, then I could get them in for free. Without this benefit, the CSR ends up losing any outsize value when compared to the Prestige (I use the 4th night free several times a year). Currently my CSR is top of wallet. I put around $40-60k on it per year, even non-bonused spend simply because almost all of my spend is foreign (no FTF) and I like transferable miles compared to 2% cash back for my own reasons. They do make money off me, but I'm hardly their "optimal" customer since I don't carry a balance. I was willing to pay the net $250 fee (I have an AU card) simply to have two unlimited PP cards, but if it's just 2 guests, then the CSR literally becomes inferior to the Citi Prestige in almost every meaningful way for me personally. Yes, I understand that I can pay for additional guests, in fact... as infrequently as I use the unlimited guests, I know that it would be cheaper to just pay for them but I have reasons for wanting it to be "free".... I hope that Chase adds another benefit that will give me a compelling reason to keep the CSR. Perhaps I'll pick up one of the other cards now that still offers unlimited guests, unless those also get downgraded.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The 2 guests limitation will hurt me when travelling with my family (wife+2 boys) and with colleagues. Its strange how they arrived at the 2 guests limit....
Old May 23, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 2 guests limitation will hurt me when travelling with my family (wife+2 boys) and with colleagues. Its strange how they arrived at the 2 guests limit....
Get the Citi Prestige. It allows for your whole family OR two guests. I use it fine for my wife and two girls.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by baroqen
e. I was willing to pay the net $250 fee (I have an AU card) simply to have two unlimited PP cards, but if it's just 2 guests, then the CSR literally becomes inferior to the Citi Prestige in almost every meaningful way for me personally. Yes, I understand that I can pay for additional guests, in fact... as infrequently as I use the unlimited guests, I know that it would be cheaper to just pay for them but I have reasons for wanting it to be "free".... I hope that Chase adds another benefit that will give me a compelling reason to keep the CSR. Perhaps I'll pick up one of the other cards now that still offers unlimited guests, unless those also get downgraded.
Consider the Ritz card (as long as it is still in existence). It still have unlimited guests and free AU - each with its own unlimited PP card (though that might change when they refresh the card in August). Of course you should never put any spend on it.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
PP memberships through the JPMR and Ritz cards so far have remained unchanged and are not receiving the notice that Sapphire Reserve cardmembers have.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:34 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by oliver2002
AMEX also started limited Centurion Lounge access for Plat cardholders to 2 guests, which also affects any families (2 parents) with more than one child. Part of me thinks both issuers know there are a large number of families with more than one child, and this is incentive for cardholders to add (and pay for) authorized user cards.
Old May 23, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dw
AMEX also started limited Centurion Lounge access for Plat cardholders to 2 guests, which also affects any families (2 parents) with more than one child. Part of me thinks both issuers know there are a large number of families with more than one child, and this is incentive for cardholders to add (and pay for) authorized user cards.
The Skyclub doesn't allow any guests at all with an Am Ex card but I think that was a change on Delta's end not Am Ex. It's a change I appreciate as a Skyclub member, it's easier to find a seat at peak times since they made the change and the food quality has improved.
Old May 23, 2018, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
PP memberships through the JPMR and Ritz cards so far have remained unchanged and are not receiving the notice that Sapphire Reserve cardmembers have.
Updates to the Ritz card are supposed to be announced June/July timeframe, so we'll see then perhaps.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
HOLY CRAP MOBILE APP SUPPORT IS NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Quoting from the mail I just got about "important updates to my account":

Mobile Priority PassTM Select
Take your Priority Pass Select membership wherever you go.

To activate your digital membership, you will need your Priority Pass Select membership number and the expiration date shown on the front of your card.
Activate your digital membership today:

1. If you do not have a membership card, go to Chase Ultimate Rewards to first activate your membership

2. Visit PriorityPass.com/ChaseDMC

3. Create an online account

4. Download the Priority Pass mobile app
Can confirm it works!!!
Old May 23, 2018, 8:51 pm
mia

Originally Posted by missamo80
...MOBILE APP SUPPORT IS NOW AVAILABLE...
This has been available since November 2017. See HERE.
Old May 28, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by mia
This has been available since November 2017. See HERE.
And since November, 2017 it hasn't worked for me.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:44 pm
mia

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
And since November, 2017 it hasn't worked for me.
Which Chase card do you have? If I recall correctly the virtual card feature has not been implemented for Ritz Carlton accounts.
Old May 28, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Which Chase card do you have? If I recall correctly the virtual card feature has not been implemented for Ritz Carlton accounts.
I've had the Chase Saphire Reserve since inception.
Old May 29, 2018, 7:42 am
mia

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
...Chase Saphire Reserve....
What happens when you try to activate the virtual card at this URL?

https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.