FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)
Old May 23, 2018, 1:04 am
baroqen

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Chase is not limiting guests nor are they introducing any new restrictions. If a particular PP lounge currently permits you to bring in unlimited guests, they still will after 8/26. The only thing changing is how many guest fees Chase will pay for. Prior to 8/26, Chase pays for all of your guests. Beginning 8/26, Chase will pay for up to 2 guests and will bill $27 to your card for each additional guest.
I understand this. I didn't say anything about lounge restrictions. The issue for me is that the unlimited free guest policy is probably the main reason I've kept the card. I already have the Citi Prestige that lets me bring 2 OR my entire family, which is superior. While I only use the benefit of the extra guests once every year or two, I liked having it for the eventuality when we happen to travel with one or two extra friends, then I could get them in for free. Without this benefit, the CSR ends up losing any outsize value when compared to the Prestige (I use the 4th night free several times a year). Currently my CSR is top of wallet. I put around $40-60k on it per year, even non-bonused spend simply because almost all of my spend is foreign (no FTF) and I like transferable miles compared to 2% cash back for my own reasons. They do make money off me, but I'm hardly their "optimal" customer since I don't carry a balance. I was willing to pay the net $250 fee (I have an AU card) simply to have two unlimited PP cards, but if it's just 2 guests, then the CSR literally becomes inferior to the Citi Prestige in almost every meaningful way for me personally. Yes, I understand that I can pay for additional guests, in fact... as infrequently as I use the unlimited guests, I know that it would be cheaper to just pay for them but I have reasons for wanting it to be "free".... I hope that Chase adds another benefit that will give me a compelling reason to keep the CSR. Perhaps I'll pick up one of the other cards now that still offers unlimited guests, unless those also get downgraded.