Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
Is it possible to pay for club access when redeeming free night certs? Anyone had any experience with this?
Originally Posted by Troopers
Yes and yes. Contact the hotel directly to see if you can pay a cash upgrade.
As Troopers said, contact the hotel and not Marriott on this. I've done this at least five properties without issue, but have seen a large variance in price per night costing between $200-300 for club access.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:16 am

On December 27th I was charged the annual fee on my Ritz card.
On January 1st I made a legitimate seat upgrade purchase.
On January 3rd I called the number on the back of my card to use the airline credit.
On Monday I called the number on the back of my card again, this time to cancel the card.

This is where it gets interesting: after identifying myself the rep asked me how she could help me. I said I wanted to close my account, she paused for about 5 seconds and immediately said "I can close your account, but I see that you've already used the airline credit for this year so I won't be able to refund your annual fee".

Wow, did not expect that. I hadn't even brought up the annual fee or the airline credit, I just said I wanted to close the card. I told the rep I'll keep the card a bit longer and I ended the call.

Considering this is a dedicated line, I figured maybe the reps from the Chase general credit card department wouldn't be as knowledgeable about that stuff, so I called that number instead. The rep there closed the card without trouble but didn't mention anything about the annual fee so I asked when I would get it back, he took a quick look and said that since I was charged for it in my last statement I should see a refund within a few business days.

I logged in today and saw the full AF refund. Pfew.

So a few interesting things:

* The second rep made it sound like the refund was automatic, he wasn't even thinking about it. That makes me wonder if the first rep was bluffing, or if they have ways to manually deny the AF refund when closing a card.

* I doubt the first ref came up with this on her own, especially since she immediately went to that when I asked to cancel. My guess is that the Chase Ritz department received a memo about this?

* Clearly that is not hardcoded in their system yet, but maybe it will be eventually? My guess is that this "use the credit then get the AF back" trick became much more of an issue because of the hugely popular Chase Sapphire Reserve and Chase is starting to crack down on it, so it may become harder or maybe even impossible to do this in the future. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by mk712
On December 27th I was charged the annual fee on my Ritz card.
On January 1st I made a legitimate seat upgrade purchase.
On January 3rd I called the number on the back of my card to use the airline credit.
On Monday I called the number on the back of my card again, this time to cancel the card.

This is where it gets interesting: after identifying myself the rep asked me how she could help me. I said I wanted to close my account, she paused for about 5 seconds and immediately said "I can close your account, but I see that you've already used the airline credit for this year so I won't be able to refund your annual fee".

Wow, did not expect that. I hadn't even brought up the annual fee or the airline credit, I just said I wanted to close the card. I told the rep I'll keep the card a bit longer and I ended the call.

Considering this is a dedicated line, I figured maybe the reps from the Chase general credit card department wouldn't be as knowledgeable about that stuff, so I called that number instead. The rep there closed the card without trouble but didn't mention anything about the annual fee so I asked when I would get it back, he took a quick look and said that since I was charged for it in my last statement I should see a refund within a few business days.

I logged in today and saw the full AF refund. Pfew.

So a few interesting things:

* The second rep made it sound like the refund was automatic, he wasn't even thinking about it. That makes me wonder if the first rep was bluffing, or if they have ways to manually deny the AF refund when closing a card.

* I doubt the first ref came up with this on her own, especially since she immediately went to that when I asked to cancel. My guess is that the Chase Ritz department received a memo about this?

* Clearly that is not hardcoded in their system yet, but maybe it will be eventually? My guess is that this "use the credit then get the AF back" trick became much more of an issue because of the hugely popular Chase Sapphire Reserve and Chase is starting to crack down on it, so it may become harder or maybe even impossible to do this in the future. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
Couple of thoughts about that:

1. Usually, the Ritz calls go directly to the JP Morgan Executive line - those reps have more power usually than most.
2. Recently all my calls (regardless to which card I call about - i.e., which phone number I use) get routed to the Executive line (although I think it is more to do with the Reserve than the Ritz) - so I'm not sure that is even an option.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:50 am

DP: Bought $200 and $100 AA online gc. Before the charges fully posted i SMed Chase and they said to respond back once posted. After posting last night i messaged them again and they said they will give me the credit. As of now it doesn't show "gft fee" as my 2016 charge showed after a few days.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:23 pm

What category is everyone using to request the credit via SM. I was asked for more detail using other/inquiry not listed.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by mmax1
What category is everyone using to request the credit via SM. I was asked for more detail using other/inquiry not listed.
I've used "Other/Inquiry Not Listed" 3 times this week and have been successful without being asked to provide details/documentation. I don't know if you could wait a few then send another one, or just try to call. I guess you could try another category for the SM.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
I've used "Other/Inquiry Not Listed" 3 times this week and have been successful without being asked to provide details/documentation. I don't know if you could wait a few then send another one, or just try to call. I guess you could try another category for the SM.

Last year I also used the other category to SM for successful partial reimb of $900+ airline status Buy-in.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:22 am

If my annual fee hasn't posted yet (will in just a few days), does this mean I can go for the $300 airline credit twice? I now realize I did not seize upon it for 2016.

Second, can I book a flight directly through an airline website to receive the $100 off, or must it go through a special link in my account?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Touche
If my annual fee hasn't posted yet (will in just a few days), does this mean I can go for the $300 airline credit twice? I now realize I did not seize upon it for 2016.

Second, can I book a flight directly through an airline website to receive the $100 off, or must it go through a special link in my account?
Yes, you can go for airline credit again this calendar year before cancel. You must go through the Ritz site thingy.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Touche
Link: https://www.visadiscountair.com/ritzcarltoncard/
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
When are the free nights certificates issues?What about expiry? Is it 1 yr from card approval or 1 yr from min. spending met?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
If I book through Ritz's site will it be an lower fare class earning less UA PQM and RDM?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
If I book through Ritz's site will it be an lower fare class earning less UA PQM and RDM?
It would be the same fare that the price is showing on the UA website. You even get the miles for the $100 discount.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:05 am

what happened to the 3 days signup offer...went to go apply now they are only offering 2 days
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:04 am

another newbie question, do i get 5x points on SPG properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.