Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jay00848
I lowered my credit line on the ritz 11 months after I got the card and the AF was refunded 3 days later. I was planning to do same on Reserve but have not seen any reports to say it will work on that card.
I was looking hard for reports and found nothing. Seems strange no one is talking about it. To be extra safe, within mins of approval I tried to transfer some of my limit to another card and per multiple phone reps, the system would not allow it. I then asked them to just lower my limit to $1,500 throwing away $8,500 of the limit. If I would have waited to receive the card and then did limit transfer and charged $450, I would wondering if I should have done it right away. A risk throwing away $8,500 of limit but if it does not work I will know I tried everything I could.

Last edited by joshmo; Jan 8, 2017 at 12:52 pm Reason: more info
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
CSR works too.

If there are data points supporting it this would be a fantastic bonus cashflow. I wonder how they would treat the additional user fee?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:43 am
Suspended

Marriott platinum on $75K spend on Ritz card

I am planning to spend $75K on this card during the Jan and Feb 2017. I am wondering about the marriott platinum status.

1) how soon meeting the spend requirements, I will be upgraded to the Plat?
2) Can I then matched to spg Plat using Marriott plat?
3) how long the status last assuming I will get my spending done by Feb or March 2017 at the latest?

Thanks,
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by nadir576
I am planning to spend $75K on this card during the Jan and Feb 2017. I am wondering about the marriott platinum status.

3) how long the status last assuming I will get my spending done by Feb or March 2017 at the latest?

Thanks,
1) Don't remember the exact time, but it was about 2 to 3 weeks for me.
2) Yes it does link to SPG Plat (You have link the accounts)
3) I believe it would last until Feb of 2019.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:25 am
Suspended

^^ thanks for the quick reply.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: United

Thanks,
Dont forget youll also get United Silver / star alliance silver as well
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum

Thanks,
Hi-

Usually within 4 to 6 weeks. I did pretty similar to what you are trying to do
Yes
February 2019

I hope this helps.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
CSR works too.
What is the amount that you lowered your Chase Sapphire Reserve credit line to, to get this to work?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Need
1) Don't remember the exact time, but it was about 2 to 3 weeks for me.
2) Yes it does link to SPG Plat (You have link the accounts)
3) I believe it would last until Feb of 2019.
I'm hoping it's 2-3 weeks and not 4-6 as another poster said.

My statement closes 2/5 and I have a stay at on 2/19 that I'd like Plat for...

Cutting it close I guess.

I assume the time frame above is from the close of the statement on which you hit 75K? Or is it from the moment the charge posts bringing you over 75K?

ETA: Terms say "Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after qualifying for the Platinum Elite Status award to be applied to your Ritz-Carlton Rewards account."

Last edited by thexfactor; Jan 11, 2017 at 8:00 am
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by donotblink
What is the amount that you lowered your Chase Sapphire Reserve credit line to, to get this to work?
1k, but 1.5k would work too.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
1k, but 1.5k would work too.
Thanks...did you do that by moving most of your credit line to a different card, or declining the credit?

Lowering the line that low could make it hard to meet the 4K in 3 months. Maybe I should quickly spend 4K, pay it off, and then lower my CL all before the first statement hits?

Do you know if you have to lower the CL before the annual fee is charged?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Lowering the line that low could make it hard to meet the 4K in 3 months.
No. All VISA Infinite and Signature cards have a No Preset Spending Limit feature. This should be explained in the printed material accompanying the card. The "limit" is the maximum you can carry as a revolving balance, not the maximum you can charge.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by mia
No. All VISA Infinite and Signature cards have a No Preset Spending Limit feature. This should be explained in the printed material accompanying the card. The "limit" is the maximum you can carry as a revolving balance, not the maximum you can charge.
Thanks for the info...I didn't know that.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Thanks for the info...I didn't know that.
Don't take my word for it. You should be able to verify by looking in your card documents or asking Chase. Bear in mind that NPSL does not mean unlimited spending. There is some maximum amount that you can spend, but it will be more than the revolving limit, anecdotally 3X is typical.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:13 am

Just adding a data point for what it's worth. I applied and was approved last december. Immediately lowered my CL below the fee threshold. I was not ever charge the AF in year 1. My last statement included a message that my annual fee would be on my statement. That "next statement" just generated and the fee has not been charged. I'm counting myself momentarily lucky. I just need to get them to extend my free night awards as I have not yet been able to use them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.