Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by highops
The rep problably is not familiar with the benefits of Ritz/Marriott platinum. You would have Ritz status through early 2019 (per terms this year and all of the next year, 2018).

If the Marriott-United partnership does not change you will have UA Silver. Who knows with the Starwood-Marriott merger how the United and Delta status situations will play out.
I know I'm speculating but it would behoove me then to get the spend done asap after my anniversary date as I'd assume once done it would be locked in no matter what happens. Maybe I should speak to a Rewards rep with Ritz/Marriott to get the fine details. Surprised that she put me on hold then was "100%" sure
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by highops
I've used the Visa Infinite airfare benefit 3 times. Twice I used an AU card so I could run other games with a third ticket in my name. I'm not sure How Chase, and Visa split paying for that, but this card may be a keeper despite a hard to use travel credit if I keep going at that rate.
What do you mean by "games"?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
What do you mean by "games"?
Points redemptions, using e-gift cards, ...
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: SPG/Ritz/Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Retention bonus data point.

Called Chase yesterday to cancel my Ritz card - I've had the card for three years, when I also had an AmEx Platinum. I recently got the Sapphire Reserve so there are a lot of redundancies among my cards. Other than the rep wanting to know why I wanted to cancel and his making brief mention of all the benefits (club upgrades - never use because I never pay full price at a Ritz - and the $300 air travel credit) he made no effort to keep me and cancelled the card. The only bonus - had it been offered - that I would have likely been two free nights.

I've had the card for 2 years. I probably spent about $15k each year on it. I got a one night retention bonus last year.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Gatorsf
Retention bonus data point.

Called Chase yesterday to cancel my Ritz card - I've had the card for three years, when I also had an AmEx Platinum. I recently got the Sapphire Reserve so there are a lot of redundancies among my cards. Other than the rep wanting to know why I wanted to cancel and his making brief mention of all the benefits (club upgrades - never use because I never pay full price at a Ritz - and the $300 air travel credit) he made no effort to keep me and cancelled the card. The only bonus - had it been offered - that I would have likely been two free nights.

I've had the card for 2 years. I probably spent about $15k each year on it. I got a one night retention bonus last year.
Hmmm that's good info. I am deciding if I want to keep it this year. I would probably keep it if they offer one free night... I do stay at Ritz. But now I pay for it with my Amex SPG card LOL.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Delay Luggage Claim - file with American Airlines or With Chase Ritz Carlton?

Last week, AA delayed the arrival of my luggage for 3 days. The person at the baggage claim said I can claim necessary expenses such additional clothing needed. I used my Chase Ritz Carlton card to pay for the award ticket, and Chase said they will reimburse up to $100 per day for toiletteries and clothing items. Do I file the claim with AA or via the credit card of Chase? Which one will be easier to work with?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by opus2002
Last week, AA delayed the arrival of my luggage for 3 days. The person at the baggage claim said I can claim necessary expenses such additional clothing needed. I used my Chase Ritz Carlton card to pay for the award ticket, and Chase said they will reimburse up to $100 per day for toiletteries and clothing items. Do I file the claim with AA or via the credit card of Chase? Which one will be easier to work with?
Why not both other than you know ethics yada yada. They're both pretty easy though, fill out a form, copy receipts, send it, makes sure they receive it and wait. Both guaranteed to get reimbursed as long as within the caps.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Just curious if anyone has used this card to pay for Clear membership and gotten the fee reimbursed as part of the annual travel credit. It kinda would seem logical but doesn't exactly seem to fit into any of the listed categories. Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Carl
Just curious if anyone has used this card to pay for Clear membership and gotten the fee reimbursed as part of the annual travel credit. It kinda would seem logical but doesn't exactly seem to fit into any of the listed categories. Thanks.
I wouldn't think so as not airline specific. Apparently they do reimburse Global Entry but not TSA precheck(statement credit not part of $300 fee reimbursement)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
I wouldn't think so as not airline specific. Apparently they do reimburse Global Entry but not TSA precheck(statement credit not part of $300 fee reimbursement)
They reimburse Gogo, which also isn't airline specific. I may call and/or SM to ask about Clear once it comes to ATL in the next couple of months.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Carl
They reimburse Gogo, which also isn't airline specific. I may call and/or SM to ask about Clear once it comes to ATL in the next couple of months.
That is a good point, so maybe.....problems seems to be sometimes they reimburse, sometimes they don't, you've got to try it sometimes to see, risky.

I guess no cards specifically cover CLEAR charges at this point, true?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jonesdds
I guess no cards specifically cover CLEAR charges at this point, true?
Not that I have seen. I was thinking of doing it on CapOne Venture Rewards but it may be worth taking one for the team and trying it on Ritz.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:15 am

Is it possible to pay for club access when redeeming free night certs? Anyone had any experience with this?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
Is it possible to pay for club access when redeeming free night certs? Anyone had any experience with this?
Yes and yes. Contact the hotel directly to see if you can pay a cash upgrade.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Yes and yes. Contact the hotel directly to see if you can pay a cash upgrade.
Perfect! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.