Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by bmms8
Did you get the new public offer of 3 nights certificates and 5k spend?
Yes, I applied via the new public link offer.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks!

I suppose telling them you used it for upgrades doesn't work.

I forgot a key question- are the free nights capacity controlled. How hard eould it be to get 6 consecutive nights in Maui in say September 2017 if I booked in January.
If you're very good at bluffing, sure.
The free nights are standard award nights I believe, so if standard award nights are bookable with points, then available. No idea how hard Maui is, but I'd expect pretty hard?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Troopers
You didn't have the card already? I would have thought you would have applied when the card had the 140k point offer back in late 2014.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Okay cool thanks, just applied as well. 3 certs is awesome!

Are you lowering your CL?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 1:13 pm

Does this version of Priority Pass Select come with free guest visits as well?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Bretyost
SM'd Chase and they moved all but $1500 from my visa infinite Ritz Carlton card, that I haven't even received yet. Seems to me to be a slam dunk.
Have you seen your AF refunded? or its not even charged yet?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Club upgrades

https://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.com/privileges

HOTEL PRIVILEGES

Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club Level*

The more personal comfort of The Ritz-Carlton Club Level is yours. Upgrade your stay three times annually on paid stays of up to seven nights. Subject to availability at the time of your reservation. Advance reservation and e-certificate is required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

To use one of your three Club Level Upgrades e-certificates, please call or have your travel professional contact the dedicated Reservations line at 1-800-542-8680. To view available e-certificates, simply log in to your Ritz-Carlton Rewards account at www.RitzCarltonRewards.com and select “Account Activity.”

$100 Hotel Credit*

Enjoy a complimentary $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

To reserve your Hotel Credit, please call or have your travel professional contact The Ritz-Carlton Reservations at 1-800-542-8680 and request the $100 Hotel Credit offer for The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, or visit www.RitzCarltonRewards.com/exclusiverewards.
Nice find
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by pacolovestacos
You didn't have the card already? I would have thought you would have applied when the card had the 140k point offer back in late 2014.
Nope, never had the product.

Originally Posted by bmms8
Are you lowering your CL?
Perhaps, but not low enough to reduce the AF.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:45 pm

Just received Priority Pass Select for me and all my AU. Same guest policy (unlimited guests but limited by lounge). It says "Your LOUNGE CLUB membership has been upgraded to Priority Pass Select".

It doesnt feature the mobile card though, my Amex Plat shows the QR code, but this PP Select from Ritz is different numbering (same as Lounge Club), and doesnt feature QR code. Great upgrade for sure.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by animesh42001
Have you seen your AF refunded? or its not even charged yet?
It hasn't even been charged yet, I just wanted to get out ahead of it, after hearing about the rumored $10k Credit limit floor. Seems like it actually doesn't exist, at least after you've already been approved.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Club upgrades

https://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.com/privileges

HOTEL PRIVILEGES

Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club Level*

The more personal comfort of The Ritz-Carlton Club Level is yours. Upgrade your stay three times annually on paid stays of up to seven nights. Subject to availability at the time of your reservation. Advance reservation and e-certificate is required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.
Nice find! So it's 3 complimentary Club Lounge upgrades per year?

Would it be possible to reserve a 4 Night stay at an RC, get the 4th night free using Citi Prestige, then upgrade to a Club Lounge using this benefit?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by kevinc1218
Just received Priority Pass Select for me and all my AU. Same guest policy (unlimited guests but limited by lounge). It says "Your LOUNGE CLUB membership has been upgraded to Priority Pass Select".

It doesnt feature the mobile card though, my Amex Plat shows the QR code, but this PP Select from Ritz is different numbering (same as Lounge Club), and doesnt feature QR code. Great upgrade for sure.

Were you a past card holder or did you just recently apply?

I have held this card for about a year and half and wondering when previous card holders will get their Priority Pass cards in the mail.

Has anyone called to ask?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by kevinc1218
J Same guest policy (unlimited guests but limited by lounge).
Care to explain? yOu have "limited" an "unlimited" in the same sentence. Perhaps an example will help clarify whether you can bring guests (non- authorized users) to the lounge.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Quite likely. I've used the Prestige's 4th Night Free benefit successfully with Fairmont reservations, and applied Third Night Free and Suite Upgrade certificates to those reservations without any hassle.

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Nice find! So it's 3 complimentary Club Lounge upgrades per year?

Would it be possible to reserve a 4 Night stay at an RC, get the 4th night free using Citi Prestige, then upgrade to a Club Lounge using this benefit?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
yOu have "limited" an "unlimited" in the same sentence..
The lounge determines how many people you may bring in with you. The sponsor determines how many of those it will pay for. The cardholder pays $27 for the others.

• American Express (Platinum) pay for None; you pay for all guests.
  • Citi Prestige pays for two guests; you pay for any additional guests.
  • Chase Ritz Carlton pays for all guests; you pay for none.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.