Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:49 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Here we are talking of Ritz Carlton CC and Ritz Carlton hotels.

There are about 39-40 Ritz Carlton properties in North America. Before the 2018 Marriott/RC/SPG merger, we could use the 50k FN for up to Tier 3 hotels:

I do not recall how many. But I think we could use the FN for more than 60% (24?) of the NA RC hotels.

But after the merger and several arounds of category changes, now I can only count 10 NA RC hotels with standard Cat-6 (50K) value. If we include the peak summer pricing, then I'll have to take away most of those RC hotels. So those 50K FNs are not good for RC any longer.

Sure we can use those FN to stay at RI, ALoft, Courtyard, SpringHill Suite, Fairfield Inn etc. Thank Marriott, the only good thing is that we can use the FN to stay at those non-luxury hotels. At least some of us do not have to pay the luxury prices....
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by RedSun
Yes, most of us belong to even lower Marriott properties like AC Hotels, Four Points and Aloft because we do not like $75 room breakfast, $150 roll-away bed, $150 room upgrade, $150 yoga class, $75 COVID cleaning fee, $75 resort fee and $75 self parking fee.

We complain and should never step into any RC hotels....
A key issue here which you are alluding to is that there are many people who will stay at RCs but do not like to be gouged on price and even more so do not like to be nickel and dimed. I do not mind spending quite a bit more for a hotel as long as everywhere I turn, I do not get charged for something. In fact, that is one reason why I like the RC Club or lounge access at most hotels. Also, although the RC and other full-service, luxury hotels may very well like (which business would not?) those who are willing to absorb all of those extras, it may be that a significant number of them are on expense accounts and many of those people may very well be travelling less in coming years.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 6:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nevsky
A key issue here which you are alluding to is that there are many people who will stay at RCs but do not like to be gouged on price and even more so do not like to be nickel and dimed. I do not mind spending quite a bit more for a hotel as long as everywhere I turn, I do not get charged for something. In fact, that is one reason why I like the RC Club or lounge access at most hotels. Also, although the RC and other full-service, luxury hotels may very well like (which business would not?) those who are willing to absorb all of those extras, it may be that a significant number of them are on expense accounts and many of those people may very well be travelling less in coming years.
I can only say that is the situation for some guests and I do not want to count how many.

RC is just a sub-brand, now owned by Marriott. Nowadays, not a lot people have blind loyalty to any particular brand. That may be in the past pre the (already old) baby boomers. The old image of truly luxury RC is pretty much gone.

Now when I plan hotel stays, I get all the options open to me. I do not search for RC any longer. As I stated before, there are so many other brands, like Autograph, Luxury, EDITION, St. Regis etc. They all have comparable properties just like RC. I do not mind paying $1,000 per night if I do get pleasant experience. But it is just plainly wrong to find out later that I'll have to pay $300 per night for the stay AFTER checking in.

The other factor is RC's style. A lot of its properties get old and have not been newly renovated. I personally prefer less grand and newer properties.

Again like I said, with Marriott continued devaluation, this CC is more like another Marriott CC other than a RC credit card. Maybe, just like you said, a lot of the guests are on business account. So RC probably doing poorly now due to the lack of business travel. It is a long road of business travel, even after the revival of personal travel. RCs likely get hit the hardest due to its high pricing and high operating expenses.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by RedSun
I can only say that is the situation for some guests and I do not want to count how many.

RC is just a sub-brand, now owned by Marriott. Nowadays, not a lot people have blind loyalty to any particular brand. That may be in the past pre the (already old) baby boomers. The old image of truly luxury RC is pretty much gone.

Now when I plan hotel stays, I get all the options open to me. I do not search for RC any longer. As I stated before, there are so many other brands, like Autograph, Luxury, EDITION, St. Regis etc. They all have comparable properties just like RC. I do not mind paying $1,000 per night if I do get pleasant experience. But it is just plainly wrong to find out later that I'll have to pay $300 per night for the stay AFTER checking in.

The other factor is RC's style. A lot of its properties get old and have not been newly renovated. I personally prefer less grand and newer properties.

Again like I said, with Marriott continued devaluation, this CC is more like another Marriott CC other than a RC credit card. Maybe, just like you said, a lot of the guests are on business account. So RC probably doing poorly now due to the lack of business travel. It is a long road of business travel, even after the revival of personal travel. RCs likely get hit the hardest due to its high pricing and high operating expenses.
Stayed at the Pentagon City Ritz earlier this month. This passed for room service breakfast—at $71 for two was tasty but super low value.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 7:31 am
Suspended

Smile

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Stayed at the Pentagon City Ritz earlier this month. This passed for room service breakfast—at $71 for two was tasty but super low value.
Yes. You received the premium "service".

The food is nothing better than Hyatt House, Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

Yes, my kids did like the ceviche at Ritz Cancun. So they ordered another one, and two non-alcohol Pina Colada. All charged to our room. They certainly enjoyed the drink and food. I forgot how much the charges were.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 3:44 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Are you sure you didn't miss a decimal point some where? $7.1 instead perhaps?

LAX
worldwidedreamer likes this.

Last edited by mia; Jan 30, 2021 at 4:20 pm Reason: Remove quoted image.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LAX
Are you sure you didn't miss a decimal point some where? $7.1 instead perhaps?

LAX
You tried so hard to be funny.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Nothing has been announced. The fact that the CSR travel credit can be used on gas and groceries through June makes me think it's likely that they'll extend the qualifying categories for the Ritz credit, but they seem to be slower on the updates and messaging with this card.
Still no update yet when I called
Old Feb 1, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by happyvoid
Still no update yet when I called
Now that AMEX announced the bonuses on their various Marriott cards, chase is just lagging. Hard to justify this card when RC lounges are closed.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I had this same offer and performed the required actions, but I feel it's all on faith that their system will catch what you did and trigger the bonus points award. Has anyone received the points bonus for this yet?
I got the bonus which posted for MB CHASE ACCOUNT SETUP 15,000 points a few days ago. I went in and set the share your info settings (do we share, can you control this, etc), added card to Apple Watch (originally only in phone), and downloaded Chase app to iPad and signed in (originally only in phone).
Old Feb 4, 2021, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Nevsky
Actually one of the biggest benefits is the RC Club Awards. Even as a Titanium, I do not get Club access.
Originally Posted by jeepie
Agreed, the R-C Club access is an excellent benefit; and, while you are correct about it not being offered for Titanium members, R-C DOES offer us suite upgrades. So, the combination can be very nice. At a grandfathered $395, my card is a definite keeper. Ymmv. Cheers.
hi sorry for the old bump...are these comments about the upgrade certificates you can use when you pay full price for a room, or are we talking about some other benefits of the RC card that Im not aware of?
Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AdeAhmed
hi sorry for the old bump...are these comments about the upgrade certificates you can use when you pay full price for a room, or are we talking about some other benefits of the RC card that Im not aware of?
Yes - either that or another club eligible rate. Usually the discounted rates are not eligible for the club upgrade certificates. Occasionally it is the lowest rate you see, other times the difference is in the tens of dollars, and then there are a few times where it is so much more that it isn't really worth the price difference to apply the certificate.
Nevsky and AdeAhmed like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by porphyra
Yes - either that or another club eligible rate. Usually the discounted rates are not eligible for the club upgrade certificates. Occasionally it is the lowest rate you see, other times the difference is in the tens of dollars, and then there are a few times where it is so much more that it isn't really worth the price difference to apply the certificate.
You can usually ask a res agent for rate code Z38 (phone-only code) for the rate that uses the club level upgrade certs and $100 credit. A good proxy rate code to search for online is Z34 (rate code that includes $100 credit only). If Z34 rates are available, then the certs can be used.

Last edited by ntamayo; Feb 5, 2021 at 2:03 pm
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I called again and they said no update if the $300 can be used on other stuff besides travel
happychic and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
I called again and they said no update if the $300 can be used on other stuff besides travel
thanks for checking. hoping they come out with something soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.