Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:44 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
In this thread, I've read that I either need to call Chase or SM chase about dinning and grocery spending to get it applied to the travel credit. But I just got off the phone with a Chase rep and she said that all of these charges that can be applied against the travel credit are automatically applied so that I don't even have to call them about it. Have any others heard this from Chase?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 12:13 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Annual free nights are 50k.
Ok. If this card has been closed to new application since July 2018, why would people still have the certs (assuming they expire in 1 year as well) in 2020?

LAX
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LAX
Ok. If this card has been closed to new application since July 2018, why would people still have the certs (assuming they expire in 1 year as well) in 2020?

LAX
Because the certs are an annual perk you receive for being a cardholder. Even if the free night certs expire after one year, you will receive a new cert (free night award or FNA) after paying the AF every year.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rrgg
No one disagrees with that statement, but I don’t see how it’s relevant to my argument that Chase has some power over certificates. I could be mistaken but it seems that way based on what I’ve heard from Marriott.
I'm not sure how much "power" Chase has over the certs. The 60k FN certs could be extended, I know I had mine extended once - mine were issued January 2018 and I didn't use them until Nov 2019. Historically Marriott would often allow a courtesy extension of 1 year. I think Marriott was probably keen to get these 60k certs off the books and out of the system. Since this card closed to new applicants in July 2018, the last of the 60k certs should have been issued in October 2018 ish, with a 1 year validity. Even allowing for a 1 year courtesy extension they would be rolling off right around now.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Because the certs are an annual perk you receive for being a cardholder. Even if the free night certs expire after one year, you will receive a new cert (free night award or FNA) after paying the AF every year.
I think you misunderstood what the question was.
The 60k certs are NOT an annual perk. 50k certs are. People have been getting extension upon extension of the 60k certs and haven't used them in years and are now upset they aren't getting more extensions.
happychic likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
When I called to get my 2 60K certificates extended in July they gave me a "we'll get back to you." As part of that process they cancelled the certificates before they expired. Well, even with numerous follow-ups on my end, I seem to have lost them.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Anybody sitting on those.... Those had original expiry dates back in 2019. Gotta use them at some point.
I still have one 60k cert expiring soon. Marriott are unwilling (although I'm sure not unable) to extend.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:18 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
I had a lot of similar issues with these certificates
some disappeared
once when i told a csr from reservations to use the points for a 35K reservation they used my 50K certificate and by the time i noticed it they were unwilling to reverse or change it.
in many ways with the economy the way it is now, you are better off paying cash and staying at non chain hotels. it seems like marriott even more than IHG or even hyatt are still pushing the rates beyond where they should be in any given market. independent hotels are the best deals right now.

the other issue i had with marriott is when you book a hotel right before a price increase, they ALWAYS try to steal the points from your account just before the reservation or even when you cancel the reservation they fail to refund the points claiming that the reservation never had any points, when this is patently untrue. Frequent Miler noticed this too. Never herd what turned out with them.

I once used all my points to book multiple reservations till i ran outta points then when i went to cancel the reservations i received no points back. I was told that the reservations made had no points attached. Then where did the points go? The csr superviser was even yelling at me telling me there were not points attached. But they couldn't explain the missing 150K pts. shocking behavior.

Another instance, The marriorrt in Durban was deflaged, there the points and the reservation disappeared from my upcoming stays. could never get that fixed either.. Lost the stay and the points.

All in all Marriott owes me about 320K points.
Anybody had any else had these issues?
any solutions?

this mostly happened during the merger, ironically now when you call all the agents at hotels programs if you dont get offshored are A++ agents, smart and clever i guess the dead wood was furloughed.

I have mostly given up on the points world. Cash is king and easier to track, plus i always get treated better, get better upgrades and better responses when I pay for reservations then trying to enforce program "rules"

Originally Posted by jrjcopp
When I called to get my 2 60K certificates extended in July they gave me a "we'll get back to you." As part of that process they cancelled the certificates before they expired. Well, even with numerous follow-ups on my end, I seem to have lost them.
Originally Posted by jrjcopp
When I called to get my 2 60K certificates extended in July they gave a "we'll get back to you." As part of that process they cancelled the certificates before they expired. Well, even with numerous follow-ups on my end, I seem to have lost them.
even with proof they dont really care, its their program, its their points and for marriott esp they think they can just do what they want to you. they will never call you back, they will "loose" that case number a few times. finally they will decide that the case was resolved even though it makes no sense or have no way to explain why they came to their conclusion and pushed they might even get angry, a sure sign of fraud in my experience.
its for no reason they scuttled the spg ledger system to marriotts nonsensical online accounting system. they knew exactly what they were doing. if any bank kept track of money the way marriott kept track of your points you would run not walk away from them.

Originally Posted by sds1493
I still have one 60k cert expiring soon. Marriott are unwilling (although I'm sure not unable) to extend.
maybe keep calling, but be careful even if you get it extended it can somehow disappear from your account.
good luck getting it restored
I have a whole file of marriott acct screenshots with changes I have no way to explain
alvinroast likes this.

Last edited by mia; Oct 5, 2020 at 7:07 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Oct 6, 2020, 12:24 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
So am I the only person who wishes we could just receive 50k points each year vs a 50k certificate?

It seems like most luxury properties are 60k, and it feels bad using a 50k certificate for a 35k night...
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
So am I the only person who wishes we could just receive 50k points each year vs a 50k certificate?

It seems like most luxury properties are 60k, and it feels bad using a 50k certificate for a 35k night...
I agree. A luxury credit card like the RC Rewards and Bonvoy Brilliant ought to provide FNA's (either points or certificates) worth at least 60k instead of 50k.
I feel that getting a 50k award on those cards is a bit of a con. Perhaps they're waiting to provide a future super-luxury card that provides 60k to 70k FNAs.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer

Luxury properties don't cost net $150 for a night...
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I agree. A luxury credit card like the RC Rewards and Bonvoy Brilliant ought to provide FNA's (either points or certificates) worth at least 60k instead of 50k.
I feel that getting a 50k award on those cards is a bit of a con. Perhaps they're waiting to provide a future super-luxury card that provides 60k to 70k FNAs.
​​​​​​It's not a "con". You just wish they had different benefits. But the cost of the card would probably go up. There are plenty of luxury properties you can use 50k certs at. If they could be used at all properties costing $650 a night regularly, the card would cost more.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:58 am

​​​​​​It's not a "con". You just wish they had different benefits. But the cost of the card would probably go up. There are plenty of luxury properties you can use 50k certs at. If they could be used at all properties costing $650 a night regularly, the card would cost more.
It’s not a con, and I think they never claimed the FN is for a “luxury” property anyway. However he’s probably comparing this to HH Aspire where the FN works most anywhere and the annual fee is $450.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
It’s not a con, and I think they never claimed the FN is for a “luxury” property anyway. However he’s probably comparing this to HH Aspire where the FN works most anywhere and the annual fee is $450.
Trade-offs for sure, as the travel credit on this card is much more valuable than on the Aspire.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:54 am

Trade-offs for sure, as the travel credit on this card is much more valuable than on the Aspire.
+1. I prefer Ritz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.