Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
LoL good luck on that.
I think we're going to need a lot more than luck to get something good out of Marriott in the future.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I'm pretty sure we'll know exactly where we stand tomorrow. Given all the bad press Marriott has been getting, they might realize it is time to do something proper....keeping my fingers crossed at least.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I'm pretty sure we'll know exactly where we stand tomorrow. Given all the bad press Marriott has been getting, they might realize it is time to do something proper....keeping my fingers crossed at least.
what do you mean tomorrow?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
anyone tried to spend 150 on aa GC and call in for reimbursement? that usually works for me, not sure about this year though....
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
I assume they mean the branding change, which is just that, a branding change.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Sorry i meant tomorrow now. I'm totally jetlagged.

I suspect that with the branding change, all accounts will be updated and we will see where we stand.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've been Bonvoyed and am still showing as Plat. My Amex account is also showing the new card. Haven't checked Chase yet.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I've been Bonvoyed and am still showing as Plat. My Amex account is also showing the new card. Haven't checked Chase yet.
Chase has not changed yet.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:44 am

Does any one know when will these certificates available to book any SPG properties?
I called in and reserve a Westin with these certs, the rep made me a points advance reservation and told me that it is only possible after they merge with SPG system and to call back after Mar 1.
But she wasn't entirely sure if it would be possible to book SPG properties with the Ritz certs by then (?!)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by cloudreader
Does any one know when will these certificates available to book any SPG properties?
I called in and reserve a Westin with these certs, the rep made me a points advance reservation and told me that it is only possible after they merge with SPG system and to call back after Mar 1.
But she wasn't entirely sure if it would be possible to book SPG properties with the Ritz certs by then (?!)
You should call back to get a different rep. Memory serves me that multiple posters have stated they attached the free cert to spg properties. I have them attached to an upcoming St Regis myself.

Last edited by Werty7777; Feb 13, 2019 at 11:46 am
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cloudreader
I called in and reserve a Westin with these certs,
You already can, did it myself last week. Just do it online and avoid the misinformed reps.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:59 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just some data points. I completed the $10k spending in 2018 membership year and was RC Gold, then has been Marriott Platinum to now. But Marriott rep said I should have been downgraded to Marriott Gold by 1/31/2019.

But SO opened the RC card in 7/2018 (days before the application shut down), no $10k spending. But the elite status IS Marriott Platinum to 1/31/2020.

This is just counter-intuitive to what we have been discussing. I can't explain. But there is little impact to me. I'd be interested to see if Marriott downgrades anyone after the 1/31/2019 deadline.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RedSun
Just some data points. I completed the $10k spending in 2018 membership year and was RC Gold, then has been Marriott Platinum to now. But Marriott rep said I should have been downgraded to Marriott Gold by 1/31/2019.

But SO opened the RC card in 7/2018 (days before the application shut down), no $10k spending. But the elite status IS Marriott Platinum to 1/31/2020.

This is just counter-intuitive to what we have been discussing. I can't explain. But there is little impact to me. I'd be interested to see if Marriott downgrades anyone after the 1/31/2019 deadline.
I wouldn't put much faith in the reps. There has evidently been confusion regarding the status switch date between reps that come from either the SPG or Marriott side since the programs did it on different dates. The system they use doesn't have a field that outright says "status lasts until date X", which is why you'll either get told end of Jan or end of Feb. This also means they'll often tell you incorrect info about your status because all they do is check how many nights you accumulated the previous year, even if you explain to them plainly that you didn't gain the status via nights.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:33 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I wouldn't put much faith in the reps. There has evidently been confusion regarding the status switch date between reps that come from either the SPG or Marriott side since the programs did it on different dates. The system they use doesn't have a field that outright says "status lasts until date X", which is why you'll either get told end of Jan or end of Feb. This also means they'll often tell you incorrect info about your status because all they do is check how many nights you accumulated the previous year, even if you explain to them plainly that you didn't gain the status via nights.
This is not true. The rep saw clearly that my Plat status was valid until 1/31/2018, but my SO's status is Plat to 1/31/2020. I called before and the other rep saw the same thing.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
You already can, did it myself last week. Just do it online and avoid the misinformed reps.
Originally Posted by Werty7777

You should call back to get a different rep. Memory serves me that multiple posters have stated they attached the free cert to spg properties. I have them attached to an upcoming St Regis myself.
Thanks krazykanuck and Werty. I did not have to option to attach online. But now I know why.
It looks like the reason for that is because the first day of the stay is after the cert expiry date!
If I search for an itinerary that ends before the cert expiry date they I am able to attach online.

I thought that the reservation has to be completed before the cert expiry not the entire stay. Is this not the case? (This is just like the Hilton weekend night certificates)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.