Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
On the old Mileage Explorer card, if they deposited my next year's 2 Club visits and then I cancel the card when the AF posts, I assume they will NOT claw back the lounge passes as those have already posted to my United account away from Chase ?
They WILL clawback the lounge passes. I had it happen in 2018.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by beltway
I've seen it confirmed by multiple sources, including OMAAT.
Can one apply for the new biz card as well as having the existing one active??
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Chase won't let you have two copies of the same product.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:47 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Is this restriction specific to United co-brand cards? It is generally true for Sapphire branded cards, but not for Freedom or INK cards.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Your response is true of many but not all of Chase's cards. It also has nothing to do with the question that was asked. The new United business card is a different product.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:48 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by mia
Is this restriction specific to United co-brand cards? It is generally true for Sapphire branded cards, but not for Freedom or INK cards.
Can you have two of the same kind of Freedom card? Not just one Freedom and one Freedom Unlimited but two (base) Freedom cards? Ditto with the brands within the INK family? Issued to the same named business, not just the same named cardholder?
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:27 pm

Here are the answers to your earlier questions. Maybe now we can get back on the topic of the thread and sharing accurate information.
Can you have two of the same kind of Freedom card?
Yes. I have 2 Freedoms.
Not just one Freedom and one Freedom Unlimited but two (base) Freedom cards?
Yes, I understood you the first time.
Ditto with the brands within the INK family?
Yes. I have 2 Ink Preferreds.
Issued to the same named business, not just the same named cardholder?
Yes. Exactly the same application.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:34 pm

Is now a good time to apply?

Is now a good time to apply for United Business Explorer? I am still seeing 100k offer. I wonder if the recent issues can make United miles worthless.

Last edited by xakep; Apr 1, 2020 at 4:53 pm
Old Apr 2, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by xakep
Is now a good time to apply for United Business Explorer? I am still seeing 100k offer. I wonder if the recent issues can make United miles worthless.
Of course, as long as you can get approved, can meet the spend and plan to travel.
Currently award calendar is wide open for all class of service, multiple destinations.
Please elaborate on your comment as miles being worthless.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Of course, as long as you can get approved, can meet the spend and plan to travel.
Currently award calendar is wide open for all class of service, multiple destinations.
Please elaborate on your comment as miles being worthless.
Worthless only if United goes bankrupt soon. I assume the chances of that are very low, but I don't know for sure. I applied anyway, but wasn't approver instantly. I guess they are worried now about businesses being able to pay. Will see what happens next.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 12:23 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
The 100k offer has apparently been extended. The "offer ends" date has been removed.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Chase United Business Card $100 Credit

Couldn't find a data point on this. I know with Amex, the flight credits work again with United's Travel Bank charges.

I'm not sure, however, if I charge Travel Bank 7 x $100 if I then get the $100 Chase credit. Anyone know? If not, I'll give it a try.
CarlosACJ55 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Here is some context for the question:

Each anniversary year that you make seven (7) United flight travel-related purchases, each totaling $100 or more, with your UnitedSM Business Card, you will receive a $100 statement credit. United flight travel-related purchases include seat upgrades; Economy Plus®; inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi; baggage service charges or other United fees. Anniversary year means the year beginning with your card account open date through the anniversary of the account open date, and each 12 months after that. The statement credit will post to your account within 24 hours of your 7th United $100 or more purchase posting to your account. To qualify, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by mia
Here is some context for the question:
Thank you! I should have included that...
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K
United Business Mileage Plus

Didn't find much from a search of this specific card (note: this is the BUSINESS card).

It's ironic I'm considering a United card since I never fly United and really have no plans to do much in the future. Alaska serves my routes best and I plan to stick with that. I am a Chase fan and the United Business Mileage Plus (I'll call it UBMP) really fills some nice categories. I'm mainly wondering if I'm crazy for getting an airline card from an airline I don't fly?

Reasons:

My two largest spend bonus categories are gas for company vehicles and dining/restaurants. UBMP offers 2X on those categories and I can't find a Chase card that's the same.
I run between 125K-150K through the card for my small business annually which works out to some decent rewards
150K introductory offer is pretty nice - especially with the Chase 125% offers (or even 150% - see below)
I hold a Chase Sapphire Reserve for personal use and can move points from other Chase cards and get 150% redemption on travel bookings through Chase/Expedia (for now) portal or Pay-Yourself-Back

Questions:

Are the rewards (150K intro, dining/gas categories, etc.) Chase Ultimate Rewards?
Would I access this card within Chase's website with all my other accounts? (all my business and personal is there and it's REALLY nice to have it all in one place)
Would I be able to use the two United lounge passes even if not flying United on a given day?

I realize if I don't fly United much (or at all) there would be a few things with this card that I'd be leaving on the table but I think I more than make up for that with the bonus categories and HUGE sign-up offer.

It's been 4+ years since I received any introductory offers on any cards
My credit score is well over 800 and my small business is healthy and does about 750K per year with no debt or problems.

Thanks for any input!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.