Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iowa guy
This card still counts towards the Chase 5/24 rule, right?
Please stop using the murky "counts toward" phrase. Thanks.

This card does not add to your 5/24 count if you get approved (which is what most people would interpret "counts toward" as), because it's a business card that doesn't appear on your credit report, and Chase only counts cards that appear on your credit report.

However, the card is subject to 5/24 if you apply for it. That's different than "count toward".
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by mia
This type of information is in the Wikipost of this Sticky Thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ard.html#phone
I don't see anything about checking the status of an application online.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Please stop using the murky "counts toward" phrase. Thanks.

This card does not add to your 5/24 count if you get approved (which is what most people would interpret "counts toward" as), because it's a business card that doesn't appear on your credit report, and Chase only counts cards that appear on your credit report.

However, the card is subject to 5/24 if you apply for it. That's different than "count toward".
What term should I have I used when I trying to figure out if this card counts towards the 5/24? I am trying to stay under 5/24.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I don't see anything about checking the status of an application online.
When I click the link that I provided in my previous reply I see this list of telephone numbers. What do you see?

(800) 432-3117 – General Application Status Line, automated
(800) 436-7927 – Alternative General Application Status Line, automated
(888) 609-7805 – Alternative Personal Reconsideration line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 955-9900 – General Card Services and Application status, automated
(888) 298-5623 – Credit Reallocation Office (Personal cards)
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices
(877) 470-9042 – Personal Application Verification line with live rep
Automated means you will not speak with anyone.

Last edited by mia; Feb 18, 2019 at 3:57 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What term should I have I used when I trying to figure out if this card counts towards the 5/24? I am trying to stay under 5/24.
It depends what you mean by "counts toward the 5/24"? If you mean after approval, whether getting this card affects your 5/24 count, then you should say: "would getting this card increase my 5/24 count"? If you mean before approval, whether you need to be under 5/24 to get this card, you should says: "do I need to be under 5;/24 to get this card". "Count toward" could mean either of those things to different people (even if to you it only seems to mean one of those things), and that's why I say it's too "murky" a term to be useful.

If the former ("would getting this card increase my 5/24 count", what you need to know is that:

a) Chase only counts cards they see on your EQ/EX/TU credit report. Even though they could also count cards within their system, they haven't so far.
b) Most banks (the main exceptions being Cap One and Discover) don't report business cards (in good standing) to EQ/EX/TU, and thus those cards are "invisible" to Chase's 5/24 counting process.

And thus the answer for this particular card is "no".

If the latter, there are very few Chase cards left that don't require being under 5/24 to get approved. Most of them were hotel cards which have either just been discontinued or have been upgraded to new versions in the past year, and the new versions of those may require being under 5/24 to get approved (even though the old versions, which you can no longer apply for, didn't).

And thus the answer for this particular card is "yes".
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:03 pm

i applied and got the 30 day notice which changed to 7 to 10. i assumed it was because i was at near the max credit limit for chase cards so i reduced a few limits and called business recon line. they said they didnt see any issues with credit limit on the application and that i needed to call 877 470 9042 to check on the status. they are closed now so i cant call. whats up with that? the person couldnt say if the application was actually denied or not.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:50 pm

mailing schedule

Is there a schedule that Chase mails out the United MileagePlus Explorer Business card after you are approved? For example, do they bulk mail all the recent approvals on the 1st and 15th of each month?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
How does this card compare to the personal card? They both give 75K after $5K spending 3 months.
The annual fee is waived for the business but not the personal one.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
How does this card compare to the personal card? They both give 75K after $5K spending 3 months.
I recall that the personal one has additional benefits: one is in-flight (food and maybe wifi) purchase discount. I don't recall but I think the personal one offers global entry credit.

Where are you seeing 75K signup bonus on the personal card?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by milemission
I believe the business still gives 10K after $25K spend; The personal does not.
milemission likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by robchow
I recall that the personal one has additional benefits: one is in-flight (food and maybe wifi) purchase discount. I don't recall but I think the personal one offers global entry credit.

You are correct in that the Personal card has the Pre-check/Global Entry credit.
The Business card does not.
milemission likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by robchow

I saw someone mentioned it in the personal thread.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Who has a useful data point they can provide in terms of when they applied and when they were approved? I’m looking for a recent ttimeline for anyone not instantly approved. I applied on Monday and am hoping I get approved in under two weeks.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by KrissyK90
Who has a useful data point they can provide in terms of when they applied and when they were approved? I’m looking for a recent ttimeline for anyone not instantly approved. I applied on Monday and am hoping I get approved in under two weeks.
took about a week for my status to go from 30 days to 7 to 10 days. got a letter like a week later to call in and confirm identity and then was approved.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
WTH happened to the 75k offer??? Today was supposed to be the last day to apply and it's down to 50k now. Anyone have a working link?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
WTH happened to the 75k offer??? Today was supposed to be the last day to apply and it's down to 50k now. Anyone have a working link?
Offer expired around 2 pm I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.