Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:46 pm

I tried this trick a few weeks ago and it worked to bring up the 50K. I tried again on Monday several times and today and I couldn't get this or the personal card to work. I gave up and went for two other Chase cards for my son.

If someone still sees this working, not talking about when they applied a couple of weeks ago, but right now as of today, let us know!

To me it looks like United fixed this so it no longer comes up.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I tried this trick a few weeks ago and it worked to bring up the 50K. I tried again on Monday several times and today and I couldn't get this or the personal card to work. I gave up and went for two other Chase cards for my son.

If someone still sees this working, not talking about when they applied a couple of weeks ago, but right now as of today, let us know!

To me it looks like United fixed this so it no longer comes up.
Still able to pull it up in Chrome Incognito window just now on two different accounts. The accounts already have the MPE personal cards.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by myworld
No. I tried 3 windows 7 and 2 macs. I tried IE, Firefox, Safari and chrome in regular and private mode. Always clears history and cookies before trying this trick.. But No luck..

There must be some algorithm which is not showing me 50K offer..
That's my guess -- something about how you are classified at united.com. As others and I mentioned upthread, many of us non-elites got the 50K offer despite not having elite status. I don't know why you didn't get this offer.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
I would call the reconsideration line (number posted everywhere, MMS has a blog entry with arrows if needed). IME Chase has been very open to moving credit lines around to open new accounts.
I called, but they wouldn't do it. They didn't like that I've gotten 10 new credit cards in the last year. I asked them to move some credit from the Ink Plus card, but no go.

At least Citi is being nice to me.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:40 am

Denied

Denied! Too many recent CC opened. 7 in the last year. I did see the 50000 offer.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:56 am

Those of you getting dinged for the business card for too many recent accounts, here's a way that worked for me.

If you already have a personal card (and assuming it was a SP you applied for which has the same tax ID as your SSN) and online account with Chase:

1) send a SM regarding "other"
2) use your Application ID (from the mailing, otherwise call and ask for it) as the mandatory Account Number field
3) ask to have your application for the business card reconsidered and tell them why you're a good Chase customer

If you already have a business card that isn't a SP (i.e. has a unique TIN separate from your SSN), I'd log-in through that portal.

It worked for 2 of my family members this way even after getting denied by phone for a recon!

Good luck (and don't ask me to hold your hand on #3, use your own brain cells and creativity).
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:34 am

FYI.

try my UA account, I have previous UA CC, closed days ago.
I cannot see 50K page, no matter how click/switch click

try my wife's UA account, I just added her Marriot Pla & UA Silver days ago, she has clean UA account (only 750 miles, no ticket, no awards), plus she has no previous UA CC
I can see she has 50K offer in her UA account

* trick: clean your cookie, because I use IE (with my info saved in IE), log in her UA account, I can see 50K page, but when I click & transfer to Chase website, 50K changes to 30K, so cookie knows you are "old customer", and do not give you 50K
* then I try firefox, no cookies, see 50K in her UA account, also see 50K in Chase website

* So my question is: if I apply by her UA account's link, will Chase give me 50K?
I think I will save screen shot to get ready for the fight. LOL.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:27 am

Applied online for 50k United Explorer today. Only unfroze transunion and equifax (at least able to be approved for citi 50k and us airways 35k). Received the pending from Chase. Called Biz Reconsideration and told I need to unfreeze Experian. I asked if he was able to pull transunion or equifax instead and CSR said "no" as the application process required Experian pull.

Anyone way to have the other 2 being pulled instead? I have 5 inquires on Experian in March 2012.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Applied online for 50k United Explorer today. Only unfroze transunion and equifax (at least able to be approved for citi 50k and us airways 35k). Received the pending from Chase. Called Biz Reconsideration and told I need to unfreeze Experian. I asked if he was able to pull transunion or equifax instead and CSR said "no" as the application process required Experian pull.

Anyone way to have the other 2 being pulled instead? I have 5 inquires on Experian in March 2012.
5 inquiries in March 2012 (and nothing more recent) should be no problem.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
5 inquiries in March 2012 (and nothing more recent) should be no problem.
Unfroze Experian and called back to speak to CSR.

Gosh....my first credit card denial ever.

Was denied due to too many credit cards with Chase within last 2 years, business not profitable enough (about $4 revenue per year with $500 profit) , already have a chase ink plus with 6k CL and CSR said the amount is more than enough for your existing business. She said I could apply another time when my biz is more profitable.

So many questions only to be Denied. Nothing about my Credit card score or too many hard inquiries.

Geez....i need comfort food .....
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:37 pm

I also was declined for the first time for this card. I'll try the route suggested earlier in this thread once I get the denial letter. However, mine was due to the amount of inquiries this year and my open accounts. ARS and IDA were frozen prior to application. All three bureaus were unfrozen as always.

Taking it easy for 6 months and looking at starting up again in 2014.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Wow. My wife's app was approved. I listed her as a partner in my business. That's more or less true, but I'm a little surprised Chase would approve two separate apps for the same business.

That's 100,000 United miles for a $4,000 min. spend. I'm very happy about this.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:52 pm

Haven't been able to get the offer to show up despite trying multiple browsers and multiple computers... Should I just bite the bullet and apply for the 30k, then cross my fingers that they'll accommodate and increase to the 50k offer?

If they won't upgrade the offer, is it possible to cancel the card w/o ever activating it? Any downsides of doing so?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA, SW, AA
I dont see it mentioned, but does this card offer the extra 5k for adding an additional authorized user?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:33 pm

I had to use the 30k link then cut and paste as per vsmith's instructions.

I got approved, but Chase is definitely stingy with overall credit to any one person. They didn't give me any new credit but just moved credit from two Chase cards (1 business and 1 personal) to the new UA Business Visa.

This was after I was asked a bunch of questions about my business revenue in 2011 and 2012 and projected income for 2013. All this despite the fact that I had a Chase BA Visa last year on which I spent around $60k in one year. The credit rep did state their concern that I had several new credit cards this year, not just Chase but others as well. Looks like I need to cool it with Chase for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.