Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 5:52 pm

Hi guys, I'm wondering how to show/set each account name instead of "All Accounts". As my Ink Plus and Ink Cash have the same CL and same statement date, I can't distinguish between them in online system.
Old May 9, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by lz80521
Hi guys, I'm wondering how to show/set each account name instead of "All Accounts". As my Ink Plus and Ink Cash have the same CL and same statement date, I can't distinguish between them in online system.
Look for the nickname feature. If I recall it takes some work to find- maybe it's under customer service or something like that.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by highops
Look for the nickname feature. If I recall it takes some work to find- maybe it's under customer service or something like that.
Found the "Nickname accounts" feature under "Customize Accounts" on the business account homepage. Thanks for the tip.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by highops
Thanks highops. I found the nickname feature before and I could add different names, but the homepage of my account still showed "All Accounts" on each of my cards.

I can see that there are nickname accounts at the bottom of homepage, but I need to click on each card to open up a new page and see the balance. Is there any way to recognize each card and its balance in homepage, just like personal card online account?
Old May 9, 2014, 11:06 pm

Shoot, I applied for Ink Plus, got pending message screen, and I called recon and got denied. They told me that they cannot verify the nature of my business. I filled my business as sole proprietorship and ecommerce business with 1 year long and $100 revenue as it being start up. They also told me that they see I bought a lot of vanilla reload cards at CVS over several months with my Southwest Rapid Reward card (I did to meet minimum spending and to get Companion Pass) and this is not a good role model for business start up.

I am so sad now, maybe if I didn’t call it would turn out differently. Please give suggestion of what should I do now or advice in the future to get approved for Ink card?

And how long should I wait until I could apply for new business card? (until my previous record of biz app cleared from Chase database). When I got denied the first call then I quickly called the second time with different rep but the 2nd rep could know everything by the note that the 1st rep left…so I want the record to be cleared first just to be safe before I re-apply again?
thanks a lot in advance.
Old May 13, 2014, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by jsmithj88
i just applied for a citibank AA business card and both bold and plus cards back to back to back within minutes on seperate browsers. was that a bad idea to try for both?
i recieved a wait for decisions on both ..............
Originally Posted by koalablue
Big congrats on the Citibank card and good luck on the Inks! I don't think Chase generally approves two Inks at once, but you might get one.
so to recap, i got approved for the AA 50k business card with 3.8k limit
i got 2 wait and see emails for the 2 ink cards
called up the recon line today, took 3-10min,
didnt answer any questions other than verifying my info
was told i was approved for ink plus but not the bold
they want to see how i do with the 1 card first
credit limit for the plus is 20k !!!! that was a shocker
Old May 13, 2014, 12:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by joykid
Shoot, I applied for Ink Plus, got pending message screen, and I called recon and got denied. They told me that they cannot verify the nature of my business. I filled my business as sole proprietorship and ecommerce business with 1 year long and $100 revenue as it being start up. They also told me that they see I bought a lot of vanilla reload cards at CVS over several months with my Southwest Rapid Reward card (I did to meet minimum spending and to get Companion Pass) and this is not a good role model for business start up.

I am so sad now, maybe if I didn’t call it would turn out differently. Please give suggestion of what should I do now or advice in the future to get approved for Ink card?

And how long should I wait until I could apply for new business card? (until my previous record of biz app cleared from Chase database). When I got denied the first call then I quickly called the second time with different rep but the 2nd rep could know everything by the note that the 1st rep left…so I want the record to be cleared first just to be safe before I re-apply again?
thanks a lot in advance.
I guess if you apply as a sole proprietorship it relies heavily on your personal credit worthiness. I named my business as my lastname plus "travel" because I intend to use this to help me get free travel . When I spoke to the rep about what my business was I fed her some BS line about it being a business to help find friends and family good rates on vacations. Was then approved for a $20k limit even with $8k in MS the week before between my CSP and Freedom cards. I have excellent credit though.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by payeco
I guess if you apply as a sole proprietorship it relies heavily on your personal credit worthiness.
The legal form of your business does not matter. Business cards are always based on the applicant's personal income and personal credit history. When you apply for a business card account you personally guarantee the entire debt, even if incurred by an employee. If you want a card based on the business's credit you need to apply for a Corporate account, and you won't find much in the way of rewards.
Old May 13, 2014, 2:58 pm

The Lounge Club Membership question ... I just received an Ink Bold. The pkg included the statement "to enroll, visit www.loungeprogramenroll.com/inkcard". The website doesn't appear to work. I guess I'll check it again later - any other ideas?
Old May 13, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by DealsRock
The Lounge Club Membership question ... I just received an Ink Bold. The pkg included the statement "to enroll, visit www.loungeprogramenroll.com/inkcard". The website doesn't appear to work. I guess I'll check it again later - any other ideas?
Works for me?
https://www.loungeprogramenroll.com/inkcard/
Old May 13, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
I guess it needs the https:// not shown in the brochure. Thank you!
Old May 13, 2014, 6:22 pm

Are there any pros/cons to delaying the lounge enrollment until a week or two before your first flight (after acquiring the Ink)?

Example...
got the Ink today
won't fly until November
Best to enroll today, or wait until October?
Old May 13, 2014, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by jsmithj88
so to recap, i got approved for the AA 50k business card with 3.8k limit
i got 2 wait and see emails for the 2 ink cards
called up the recon line today, took 3-10min,
didnt answer any questions other than verifying my info
was told i was approved for ink plus but not the bold
they want to see how i do with the 1 card first
credit limit for the plus is 20k !!!! that was a shocker
Wow!! Congrats on the AA card and the Ink Plus! Especially the starting limit! Looks like you're all set!
Old May 19, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Are there any pros/cons to delaying the lounge enrollment until a week or two before your first flight (after acquiring the Ink)?

Example...
got the Ink today
won't fly until November
Best to enroll today, or wait until October?
They will mail you the physical Lounge Pass card, so allow enough time for that.
Old May 19, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
Can I get a business credit card if I travel for my work, will put all the expenses on this business card and then get this reimbursed by my employer.

Has one experienced/heard about this reason to get a business credit card? TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.