Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom 5% Bonus Gas Stations [which sell giftcards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Freedom 5% Bonus Gas Stations [which sell giftcards]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: WN, DL
For those in the Midwest and South, Quiktrip codes as a gas station and different locations have allowed me to purchase gift cards using my Freedom card.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:28 am
RNE

***Includes taxis, subways, local commuter buses and trains; does not include parking, tolls, and Amtrak purchases.
So how come my Italian B.M.T didn't earn 5 points?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by JayPak
For those in the Midwest and South, Quiktrip codes as a gas station and different locations have allowed me to purchase gift cards using my Freedom card.
Just went to one yesterday to get a kwiktrip gift card. They have a new policy and will only take cash unless it's a kwicktrip card. They attendant even had to check with the owner to see if she could accept it for there own brand of gift cards, so it must be pretty new rule.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation NOT ALL OF a gas station is necessarily a gas station

Not all of a gas station is necessarily a gas station.

I decided to get a smog check at a gas station so I could hopefully get the Freedom bonus. No such luck. At this particular station, the smog check used a different register than paying for gas does, and this one didn't code as a gas station, and I didn't get any bonus.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
7e near me sells gift cards. I have tried amazon @ $500, rejected got a fraud alert on phone. went back and was able to get $100 later that day.

week later, tried $300. rejected, no fraud alert. tried $100 a few minutes later and was approved. freedom!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: WN, DL
Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Just went to one yesterday to get a kwiktrip gift card. They have a new policy and will only take cash unless it's a kwicktrip card. They attendant even had to check with the owner to see if she could accept it for there own brand of gift cards, so it must be pretty new rule.
Think we are talking about 2 different chains. Quiktrip (www.quiktrip.com) vs Kwik Trip (www.kwiktrip.com). Quiktrip with a Q is the one that sells gift cards on credit. Thanks for your reply.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Anyone know of locations where I can effectively get my 5%, either in Seattle or along I-5 between Seattle and Northern CA? I'd rather buy non-gas GC's, but could do part of it in Chevron GC's if that will work.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 2:04 pm

In my hometown, Kwik Shops partner with the local large grocery store chain on gas rewards. Kwik Shop sells a reloadable card that can be used at its gas station or the grocery store. I loaded the card at Kwik Shop with my Freedom, then went to the grocery store and bought VGC with the reloadable. Reload codes as 5% gas station purchase.

Last edited by JaytheBarber; Mar 11, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.