Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase closed my credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:36 pm

Closings

Has Chase stopped closing cards or have people just stopped posting about it here?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:21 am

Has anyone re-apply for Chase cards after 1 years or so of no inquiries?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Originally Posted by ddfr
Has Chase stopped closing cards or have people just stopped posting about it here?
Chase has slow down closing accounts considerably since the past couple of months. I believe there were lots of complains from AAPR card users on FatWallet forum.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by echip
Chase has slow down closing accounts considerably since the past couple of months. I believe there were lots of complains from AAPR card users on FatWallet forum.
plenty of recent chase card closing stories on pointsguy and other blogs.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:20 pm

glad the closings have quieted down. time for some churns. ;-)
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
if chase close all you cards, you are banned by chase for at least 5 years, which is a common sense from too many people's experience.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by coolguy100
if chase close all you cards, you are banned by chase for at least 5 years, which is a common sense from too many people's experience.
Do you have any recent data points to support this?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:07 pm
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
So as to not go off-topic on the UA MP card thread, these knuckleheads at Chase sent me a letter after approving me for a $20K+ credit limit, stating they were closing my line (even after sending me the card) for:

"Previous unsatisfactory with bank"

Are you serious? You can't proofread a #@&!ing letter?

These are the same dirtbags that closed my accounts (Amazon Visa, Checking/Savings accounts) a year prior with no warning and no explanation over the phone from kind CSRs or from puzzled branch managers. No churn history, and no manufactured spending either. Just a plain consumer getting screwed over by either bad practices, buggy software, or a mix of the two.

Thankfully there are plenty of other fish in the sea, including some other heavy hitters like Citi and AMEX who are more than happy to have my deposits and my business.

As collateral damage, United nor Star Alliance will be seeing any more revenue from me, and I suspect a lot of people would be more than happy to kiss United goodbye if Chase did that to them. (After all, their reputation is already bad enough as is)

Note: That same week, I was approved for an SPG AMEX (already Plat card holder), and a Citi AA card, with a combined $30K CL. My credit history is spotless, and so I am more than happy not to have to do business with the buffoons at Chase. My company's travel desk is extremely flexible, so I will taking all my business to AA.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by KPT
So as to not go off-topic on the UA MP card thread, these knuckleheads at Chase sent me a letter after approving me for a $20K+ credit limit, stating they were closing my line (even after sending me the card) for:

"Previous unsatisfactory with bank"

Are you serious? You can't proofread a #@&!ing letter?

These are the same dirtbags that closed my accounts (Amazon Visa, Checking/Savings accounts) a year prior with no warning and no explanation over the phone from kind CSRs or from puzzled branch managers. No churn history, and no manufactured spending either. Just a plain consumer getting screwed over by either bad practices, buggy software, or a mix of the two.

Thankfully there are plenty of other fish in the sea, including some other heavy hitters like Citi and AMEX who are more than happy to have my deposits and my business.

As collateral damage, United nor Star Alliance will be seeing any more revenue from me, and I suspect a lot of people would be more than happy to kiss United goodbye if Chase did that to them. (After all, their reputation is already bad enough as is)

Note: That same week, I was approved for an SPG AMEX (already Plat card holder), and a Citi AA card, with a combined $30K CL. My credit history is spotless, and so I am more than happy not to have to do business with the buffoons at Chase. My company's travel desk is extremely flexible, so I will taking all my business to AA.
I'm OT here, but what am I missing in why people disliking UA so much? They literally (i'm sure this is a fact) have the best awards program of any airline (at least for me who only travels on Saver tickets).
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:54 am
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
The problem here is Chase, not UA. Had Chase not pulled that BS, I would probably be still flying UA, despite them not being so convenient for me.

It makes no difference to me what their award tickets are like because I plan on paying at least some base fare and upgrading. At this point, AA's routes make more sense for me too. We'll see what happens with the merger, but I'm glad that I can earn miles easily with a bank that isn't rubbish.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:16 am

Chase Ink got closed, what should I do

hey guys, about 2 months ago, my chase Ink got approved, and I was sent the card, but it was closed shortly after because of something to do with not being able to verify my card.

What should I do? Is there a way to get it re-opened? I was told that if I want it again, I should just apply again. However, that'd do another credit pull.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:19 am
In memoriam

It would be helpful to provide full details on just how and why the card got closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.