Chase closed my credit cards

Old Jul 28, 12, 4:36 pm
  #61  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 271
Closings

Has Chase stopped closing cards or have people just stopped posting about it here?
ddfr is offline  
Old Jul 29, 12, 11:21 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 344
Has anyone re-apply for Chase cards after 1 years or so of no inquiries?
superking is offline  
Old Jul 30, 12, 7:34 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Posts: 357
Originally Posted by ddfr View Post
Has Chase stopped closing cards or have people just stopped posting about it here?
Chase has slow down closing accounts considerably since the past couple of months. I believe there were lots of complains from AAPR card users on FatWallet forum.
echip is offline  
Old Jul 31, 12, 5:31 pm
  #64  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 613
Originally Posted by echip View Post
Chase has slow down closing accounts considerably since the past couple of months. I believe there were lots of complains from AAPR card users on FatWallet forum.
plenty of recent chase card closing stories on pointsguy and other blogs.
emptiness is offline  
Old Nov 23, 12, 10:20 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 916
glad the closings have quieted down. time for some churns. ;-)
webazoid is offline  
Old Jan 12, 13, 11:16 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Posts: 490
if chase close all you cards, you are banned by chase for at least 5 years, which is a common sense from too many people's experience.
coolguy100 is offline  
Old Jan 13, 13, 2:40 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Posts: 374
Originally Posted by coolguy100 View Post
if chase close all you cards, you are banned by chase for at least 5 years, which is a common sense from too many people's experience.
Do you have any recent data points to support this?
johnnie198x is offline  
Old Jun 24, 13, 7:07 pm
  #68  
KPT
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: HND
Programs: JAL Sapphire
Posts: 542
So as to not go off-topic on the UA MP card thread, these knuckleheads at Chase sent me a letter after approving me for a $20K+ credit limit, stating they were closing my line (even after sending me the card) for:

"Previous unsatisfactory with bank"

Are you serious? You can't proofread a #@&!ing letter?

These are the same dirtbags that closed my accounts (Amazon Visa, Checking/Savings accounts) a year prior with no warning and no explanation over the phone from kind CSRs or from puzzled branch managers. No churn history, and no manufactured spending either. Just a plain consumer getting screwed over by either bad practices, buggy software, or a mix of the two.

Thankfully there are plenty of other fish in the sea, including some other heavy hitters like Citi and AMEX who are more than happy to have my deposits and my business.

As collateral damage, United nor Star Alliance will be seeing any more revenue from me, and I suspect a lot of people would be more than happy to kiss United goodbye if Chase did that to them. (After all, their reputation is already bad enough as is)

Note: That same week, I was approved for an SPG AMEX (already Plat card holder), and a Citi AA card, with a combined $30K CL. My credit history is spotless, and so I am more than happy not to have to do business with the buffoons at Chase. My company's travel desk is extremely flexible, so I will taking all my business to AA.
KPT is offline  
Old Jul 6, 13, 10:31 am
  #69  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,810
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
So as to not go off-topic on the UA MP card thread, these knuckleheads at Chase sent me a letter after approving me for a $20K+ credit limit, stating they were closing my line (even after sending me the card) for:

"Previous unsatisfactory with bank"

Are you serious? You can't proofread a #@&!ing letter?

These are the same dirtbags that closed my accounts (Amazon Visa, Checking/Savings accounts) a year prior with no warning and no explanation over the phone from kind CSRs or from puzzled branch managers. No churn history, and no manufactured spending either. Just a plain consumer getting screwed over by either bad practices, buggy software, or a mix of the two.

Thankfully there are plenty of other fish in the sea, including some other heavy hitters like Citi and AMEX who are more than happy to have my deposits and my business.

As collateral damage, United nor Star Alliance will be seeing any more revenue from me, and I suspect a lot of people would be more than happy to kiss United goodbye if Chase did that to them. (After all, their reputation is already bad enough as is)

Note: That same week, I was approved for an SPG AMEX (already Plat card holder), and a Citi AA card, with a combined $30K CL. My credit history is spotless, and so I am more than happy not to have to do business with the buffoons at Chase. My company's travel desk is extremely flexible, so I will taking all my business to AA.
I'm OT here, but what am I missing in why people disliking UA so much? They literally (i'm sure this is a fact) have the best awards program of any airline (at least for me who only travels on Saver tickets).
SuperKirby is offline  
Old Jul 6, 13, 10:54 am
  #70  
KPT
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: HND
Programs: JAL Sapphire
Posts: 542
The problem here is Chase, not UA. Had Chase not pulled that BS, I would probably be still flying UA, despite them not being so convenient for me.

It makes no difference to me what their award tickets are like because I plan on paying at least some base fare and upgrading. At this point, AA's routes make more sense for me too. We'll see what happens with the merger, but I'm glad that I can earn miles easily with a bank that isn't rubbish.
KPT is offline  
Old Sep 16, 13, 2:16 am
  #71  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 25
Chase Ink got closed, what should I do

hey guys, about 2 months ago, my chase Ink got approved, and I was sent the card, but it was closed shortly after because of something to do with not being able to verify my card.

What should I do? Is there a way to get it re-opened? I was told that if I want it again, I should just apply again. However, that'd do another credit pull.
beefsalami is offline  
Old Sep 16, 13, 2:19 am
  #72  
In memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,020
It would be helpful to provide full details on just how and why the card got closed.
biggestbopper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: