FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit cards
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:07 pm
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
So as to not go off-topic on the UA MP card thread, these knuckleheads at Chase sent me a letter after approving me for a $20K+ credit limit, stating they were closing my line (even after sending me the card) for:

"Previous unsatisfactory with bank"

Are you serious? You can't proofread a #@&!ing letter?

These are the same dirtbags that closed my accounts (Amazon Visa, Checking/Savings accounts) a year prior with no warning and no explanation over the phone from kind CSRs or from puzzled branch managers. No churn history, and no manufactured spending either. Just a plain consumer getting screwed over by either bad practices, buggy software, or a mix of the two.

Thankfully there are plenty of other fish in the sea, including some other heavy hitters like Citi and AMEX who are more than happy to have my deposits and my business.

As collateral damage, United nor Star Alliance will be seeing any more revenue from me, and I suspect a lot of people would be more than happy to kiss United goodbye if Chase did that to them. (After all, their reputation is already bad enough as is)

Note: That same week, I was approved for an SPG AMEX (already Plat card holder), and a Citi AA card, with a combined $30K CL. My credit history is spotless, and so I am more than happy not to have to do business with the buffoons at Chase. My company's travel desk is extremely flexible, so I will taking all my business to AA.