Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:44 am

The points posted last night for me. I applied to the card in November with the current link.

I took my time with the spending requirement, but nevertheless, got the points.

Happy camper!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:09 am

Loving this card so far. It's great for short weekend trips. Holiday Inn Express is much better than I expected, and the breakfast is included, so we're happy!

So far spent 6 nights using point breaks, but because of the 10% back and other bonuses I'm still at around 70k points. This card is awesome!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Could someone please answer since I have similar question.. I hold a Chase PC from beginning of Feb 2012 with the $49 AF. Is this product (IHG) considered different, so I can apply for this and get approved for 85K?

Originally Posted by avadah
If I got the Priority Club card within the year and it's still active would I be able to sign up and get the bonus for the IHG card or will Chase consider it the same card?
Even if I could is there a 100K points cap that it wouldn't help me anyway?
What about signing my wife up for the card and giving my IHG rewards # on the app so the points would go to my account.
Thank you.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FT-hss
Could someone please answer since I have similar question.. I hold a Chase PC from beginning of Feb 2012 with the $49 AF. Is this product (IHG) considered different, so I can apply for this and get approved for 85K?
No. it is the same product despite the reward program has changed name.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:05 pm

Data Point, Just applied for card through link. had PC card about two years ago. I was instantly approved tonight. Called Chase they said I would get the 80,000 point offer .
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Originally Posted by PointSmith
Data Point, Just applied for card through link. had PC card about two years ago. I was instantly approved tonight. Called Chase they said I would get the 80,000 point offer .
Did you have Priority Club card before?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by PointSmith
That's a bit vague. You closed your PC card 2 years ago? Applied for it 2 years ago but later closed it? The specifics matter.

Also, I wouldn't rely on a CSR to know whether you'll get the bonus this time. Better to report once the points post (or when you receive the dreaded "no churn for you" letter).
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasonkr
Did you have Priority Club card before?
It does not matter. The frontline CSR only sees the offer you applied for, they have NO idea of the behind the scene working that Chase system would do, i.e. DENIES bonus for repeated applications (that have not had enough time lapse.)

Chase would actually send you a postcard to inform you you are not eligible for bonuses if its system determines you are not eligible, whatever the front line CSR told you notwithstanding.

Originally Posted by beltway
That's a bit vague. You closed your PC card 2 years ago? Applied for it 2 years ago but later closed it? The specifics matter.

Also, I wouldn't rely on a CSR to know whether you'll get the bonus this time. Better to report once the points post (or when you receive the dreaded "no churn for you" letter).
Based on data points posted on the Chase card application thread, albeit scanty, we could assume that 2 years lapse from previous bonuses, seem good enough for United, CSP, and IHG cards. Not enough in Marriott and BA cards. No idea on the MR card but 3 years lapse seems to work with BA card.

Agree with you, OP should not rely on what CSR said, but please report back the outcome one way or the other. He stands a good chance to get it again, but it has absolutely NOTHING to do with what the front line CSR told him. Again, the front line only sees what offer he applied for, but have no idea / no say, whether a repeat bonus would be awarded or not - it is all in Chase system, a black box if you will, but we could guess based on repeaters' reports.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Happy
It does not matter. The frontline CSR only sees the offer you applied for, they have NO idea of the behind the scene working that Chase system would do, i.e. DENIES bonus for repeated applications (that have not had enough time lapse.)

Chase would actually send you a postcard to inform you you are not eligible for bonuses if its system determines you are not eligible, whatever the front line CSR told you notwithstanding.

Based on data points posted on the Chase card application thread, albeit scanty, we could assume that 2 years lapse from previous bonuses, seem good enough for United, CSP, and IHG cards. Not enough in Marriott and BA cards. No idea on the MR card but 3 years lapse seems to work with BA card.

Agree with you, OP should not rely on what CSR said, but please report back the outcome one way or the other. He stands a good chance to get it again, but it has absolutely NOTHING to do with what the front line CSR told him. Again, the front line only sees what offer he applied for, but have no idea / no say, whether a repeat bonus would be awarded or not - it is all in Chase system, a black box if you will, but we could guess based on repeaters' reports.
It's so easy to churn Chase cards, if you just do a little research. I've had 2 Marriott cards within the last 2 years, and gotten points on both.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Data point, Applied 7 days ago and got instantly approved via the 80k link. Card received today. I called and they confirmed the 80k bonus.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yoshapman
It's so easy to churn Chase cards, if you just do a little research. I've had 2 Marriott cards within the last 2 years, and gotten points on both.
When you claim that, it is for all Chase cards or just the Marriott?

I know about the mechanism for the Marriott cards but if it is brought upfront like you do now, soon this would disappear, too.

Without that loophole, Marriott cards do not behave the same way as the 24 months laps "sanctioned" by Chase, on the CSP and UA cards - which to many, are more valuable than the Marriott card bonus - at least before the UA devaluation.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
When you claim that, it is for all Chase cards or just the Marriott?

I know about the mechanism for the Marriott cards but if it is brought upfront like you do now, soon this would disappear, too.

Without that loophole, Marriott cards do not behave the same way as the 24 months laps "sanctioned" by Chase, on the CSP and UA cards - which to many, are more valuable than the Marriott card bonus - at least before the UA devaluation.
Is it 24 months for the Southwest personal cards as well?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brugge
Is it 24 months for the Southwest personal cards as well?
No idea. We would only know when someone posts his/her experience on getting repeat bonus. The STICKY on Applying Chase Cards is where I have seen positive data points on CSP and UA.

Though I would venture to say, 24 months seem to be a good starting point to test - this is because AMEX literally makes it official and Chase is following AMEX's lead but short of making it a standard policy. probably due to Chase has more affinity cards and the partners have some say in how their cards would be handled. You definitely see that being demonstrated in the UA card such that if you have an active UA card, you would NOT see an UA card offer unless you use incognito browsing.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Though I would venture to say, 24 months seem to be a good starting point to test - this is because AMEX literally makes it official and Chase is following AMEX's lead.
I thought the AMEX waiting period was only 12 months?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 9:26 pm

Does platinum status come with the $1k spend or upon approval for the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.