Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
I had this card and ~60K bonus already, cancelled earlier this year... I just applied again for the BIG WIN promotion and got approved, in activating the card, asked for the signup promotional terms and was told 80K points, etc. Does that mean I will get the bonus again? (I also fullfilled the spending requirement, so I guess I'll find out when the billing cycle ends.)
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:30 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by chunky649
...so I guess I'll find out when the billing cycle ends.)
Please let us know!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:55 am

If my wife and I apply for this is there a way to combine points other than paying $5 per 1000 points to transfer? Can we both apply using the same Membership Number? When booking an award I assume it all has to be done together. For example on a four night stay, I wouldn't want to book two nights and then she would have to book two nights.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by scoder
If my wife and I apply for this is there a way to combine points other than paying $5 per 1000 points to transfer? Can we both apply using the same Membership Number? When booking an award I assume it all has to be done together. For example on a four night stay, I wouldn't want to book two nights and then she would have to book two nights.
AFAIK, there is no fee free way to combine IHG/PC points.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:41 pm

And for a four night stay, you can certainly book the first two nights and use her account to book the second two nights. No problem with that. Just let the clerk know when you check in about the concurrent reservations. They should be able to keep you in the same room (almost always). My wife and I do this all the time. No need to combine accounts. I would not try to apply using the same membership number.

Besides, have the two accounts increases your opportunities for point earning. 2x for the Big Win, 2x for the initial Dining bonus, 2x for surveys, etc.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:48 pm

When booking an award I assume it all has to be done together. For example on a four night stay, I wouldn't want to book two nights and then she would have to book two nights.

Call the hotel about 2 weeks before your stay and ask that you stay in the same room every night.

I'd do it before you arrive so you give them time to move people around if need be
Old Dec 21, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
First post ever in FT

I just applied for the IHG card and they told me to wait for a notice in 30 days. Does it mean that I got denied? I do not have any Chase card and my last Chase app (CSP) was at August due to lack of credit history.

I am a fresh grad and here's my info:
Discover (student card) open for 1yr
Citi Dividend open for 9 month
AMEX Blue Cash Preferred 6 month
AMEX SPG 6 month

Annual Salary: 70k

I am going to give them a call on Monday but should I be calling the recon line or the automated status check line?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sincera4565; Dec 21, 2013 at 5:41 pm
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sincera4565
First post ever in FT

I just applied for the IHG card and they told me to wait for a notice in 30 days. Does it mean that I got denied? I do not have any Chase card and my last Chase app (CSP) was at August due to lack of credit history.

I am a fresh grad and here's my info:
Discover (student card) open for 1yr
Citi Dividend open for 9 month
AMEX Blue Cash Preferred 6 month
AMEX SPG 6 month

Annual Salary: 7k

I am going to give them a call on Monday but should I be calling the recon line or the automated status check line?

Thanks in advance
Call automated status line, if it doesn't say you were approved, call recon.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:42 pm

thanks for the reply! just realize i wrote my salary wrong, supposed to be 70k instead of 7k oops

i will give them a call on monday and see how it goes
Old Dec 23, 2013, 12:58 pm

thanks for the reply! just realize i wrote my salary wrong, supposed to be 70k instead of 7k oops

i will give them a call on monday and see how it goes
hey guys, thanks for the help, I just give them a call, they put me on hold for a while and they told me I am approved with 4.5k CL

not as high as I think it would but it will suffice...
Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:39 am

80k confirmed today. I applied 12/18 with the link above. Approved yesterday with reconsideration call. DM to Chase today and they confirmed 80,000 after $1,000 spend. I was kind of on edge wondering if it was going to be 60k or 80k since no landing page, but glad to see 80k confirmed! Excited for this card and the annual free night cert for only $49.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
hey guys, thanks for the help, I just give them a call, they put me on hold for a while and they told me I am approved with 4.5k CL

not as high as I think it would but it will suffice...
Enough to get you to the $1K min spend and that 80K points though
Old Dec 29, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
I had this card and ~60K bonus already, cancelled earlier this year... I just applied again for the BIG WIN promotion and got approved, in activating the card, asked for the signup promotional terms and was told 80K points, etc. Does that mean I will get the bonus again? (I also fullfilled the spending requirement, so I guess I'll find out when the billing cycle ends.)
I just checked my account and got my bonus. This is a very interesting data point:

I had the previous Priority Club card for over 2 years, cancelled ~summer. then signed up again after thanksgiving to full fill the BIG WIN promotion (wait time ~3 months) I didn't expect to get any promotional bonus, but got my card and met the spending limit, and got the 80K bonus.
FYI, I was also able to use my earned free-night (online booking) 1 month after I cancel the old credit card.

My guess is that the "new IHG Reward card" is considered a new card.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I just checked my account and got my bonus. This is a very interesting data point:

I had the previous Priority Club card for over 2 years, cancelled ~summer. then signed up again after thanksgiving to full fill the BIG WIN promotion (wait time ~3 months) I didn't expect to get any promotional bonus, but got my card and met the spending limit, and got the 80K bonus.
FYI, I was also able to use my earned free-night (online booking) 1 month after I cancel the old credit card.

My guess is that the "new IHG Reward card" is considered a new card.
Very Interesting. I asked this question here a few months ago, and was told very convincingly that it was considered the same card, and thus the bonus would not be awarded twice. I suppose I could try it and see what happens. At the worst, they give me the card back w/out the bonus.

What worries me is when I called Chase Recon to get my 50K SW card approved last month, the CSR asked "why do you have so many inquiries in the last 12 months?" I tried to explain the value of each card, and needing to use each hotel card when staying at that chain to get maximum stay points, etc but that didn't satisfy her. Finally she fed me the "correct answer", which was 'I am traveling much more than in the past'.

Once I caught her drift, and agreed that was the reason, I was approved after offering to move some CL from an existing card to the SW. But I worry that one of these times they may say Sorry Dude, you are too far over the line on inquiries.

On the other hand, the only Chase Personal card I don't already have is the Hyatt card. Which I am waiting to get when I can get maximum benefit from the certificates, which will probably be some time yet. So maybe I don't have that much to lose. I spend too much on my Chase cards, and usually pay them off way before the charges post, to worry that Chase would shut me down.

Anyone else with experience trying to churn this card recently?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:22 pm

I signed up for the Priority Club Visa via the link in this thread over a year ago, before it changed to the IHG Visa. However, I've never gotten a replacement card with the "IHG" logo, even though my Chase log in shows an IHG card. Anybody else in the same boat? Maybe it got lost in the mail, I don't know, but I guess I never really cared until now, because my IHG Big Win requires me to use my "Chase IHG Visa" to book a stay. And now that I think about it, maybe my card is in someone else's hands!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.