Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
3K on it in 3 months to get the 25k points?
  • Most blogs and my website below offer 40K points for the same $3K spend
  • On March 26, 2013, my local branch office gave me the same offer with only a $2,000 spend in 3 months offer.
  • On February 1, 2013, the Delta Points blog posted that one of its readers said "I just walked into my local Chase branch to do some maintenance, and was told I had a special offer for Sapphire Preferred. 70,000 POINTS and only $2000 SPEND in 90 days. Safe to say, I jumped all over that offer." On March 26, 2013, I was unable to get that offer, though I asked at two different offices. Apparently it depends on the account you have with Chase.
You might consider sending a secured message to Chase asking for the standard 40K points, and perhaps for only a $2K spend.
elaborate
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by celetheo
Hi all - does anyone have experience applying for two business cards at the same time (i.e. Ink Bold and Plus)?

I have great credit, but minimal business income and have used my SSN for business apps in the past. Applied and received a Sapphire Preferred in March 2012 and a United MP in December 2012, but to my understanding that does not affect business apps.

I did it five months ago.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pgary
You might consider sending a secured message to Chase asking for the standard 40K points, and perhaps for only a $2K spend.
Chase will only match offers for same spend, they won't match offers with different spend, even if the bonus is the same.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jdtravel
I would call back another time. There must be another reason or a mistake.
Keep calling back until find a reasonable and nice representative. Chase has the best reconsideration team. One time, I was refused by three and fourth listened to my story and approved me. Just never give up.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Chase will only match offers for same spend, they won't match offers with different spend, even if the bonus is the same.
That has not been my experience.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I got them to drop my Ink Bold spending requirement when the offer went from spend $10,000 to spend $5000.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by highops
I got them to drop my Ink Bold spending requirement when the offer went from spend $10,000 to spend $5000.
When was this? I was told less than a month ago by, what sounded to be, a very knowledgeable rep that told me they can only match point amounts for the same spend, but can't match spend amounts. I had asked because I wanted to match to the CSP $2k spend instead of $3k and they said they couldn't, from multiple people.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
When was this? I was told less than a month ago by, what sounded to be, a very knowledgeable rep that told me they can only match point amounts for the same spend, but can't match spend amounts. I had asked because I wanted to match to the CSP $2k spend instead of $3k and they said they couldn't, from multiple people.
January. I wasn't really trying to meet the 10K, then Ifound I had a big expense coming up and so I called to see if I could get the 5K matched. This was a 25,000 first spend and a 25,000 for $10,000 ($5,000) offer.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 9:54 am

Right now I have the CSP Visa. Can I downgrade this to the regular Sapphire Visa before the annual fee kicks in and then apply for the Mastercard CSP in order to get the signup bonus?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by MoogLiberation
Right now I have the CSP Visa. Can I downgrade this to the regular Sapphire Visa before the annual fee kicks in and then apply for the Mastercard CSP in order to get the signup bonus?
No you cannot hold either of the Sapphire products at the same time. You should be able to downgrade to a Freedom though and then get the Sapphire Preferred MasterCard.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:55 pm

Hey guys quick question - how long to UR points usually post after meeting the spend? Let's say I meet the spend in a day and then pay it off the next day....would i have to wait a whole month until the statement closes before seeing the points?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmvflyer
Hey guys quick question - how long to UR points usually post after meeting the spend? Let's say I meet the spend in a day and then pay it off the next day....would i have to wait a whole month until the statement closes before seeing the points?
Look what I found by searching.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:00 pm

Look what I found by searching.
I've seen conflicting things, so thought I'd ask for people's recent experiences.

Thanks for the snark though.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmvflyer
I've seen conflicting things, so thought I'd ask for people's recent experiences.

Thanks for the snark though.
Chase is always done the same way, the only one that I know of that does it differently is Amex.

And that wasn't snark, it was a "Hey, look, I searched and found this for you, here you go!"
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:15 pm

Chase is always done the same way, the only one that I know of that does it differently is Amex.

And that wasn't snark, it was a "Hey, look, I searched and found this for you, here you go!"
Got it. And ok, thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.