Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Thoughts on application timing

Due to a trip being moved from 03/2014 to 11/2013, we need to apply for my wife's next batch of cards sooner than I expected, want to do it ASAP. We have usually waited 60-65 days between applications but on her last round two of her applications were pending for 10 days (all approved without a call to recon). Does anyone think we need to wait those extra 10 days, or should we go ahead after ~63? Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 4:23 pm

Will chase bring back the 30k UR bonus for Freedom?

Looking to take advantage of the 5x categories, any chance Chase will bring back the 30k UR sign up bonus? Or should I just pull the trigger on the current$100 sign up bonus?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Don't pull the trigger now through Q2 if you don't think you can easily max out the category bonus. If you can't wait till they bring it back (which they likely will), then at least wait until a quarter when you know you can easily max out that quarter's category bonus.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Can somebody please shed some light on this for me?

I had a Chase account charged off MANY years ago in college, so they automatically decline my applications now (though my credit is great and I have no problem getting cards from Citi, US Bank, Barclays and Amex).

I'm not complaining, as it's certainly their right to not trust me for being an idiot in my younger years. However, I've recently taken a couple of steps to try and repair the relationship, including opening a Chase checking account and being added as an authorized user to my SO's Sapphire. When I did the latter step, I definitely remember that we were not asked for my SSN.

However, CreditSesame is now showing that Chase is reporting the account under my name; anyone have any idea how they could do so without my SSN?

I'm actually taking this as a good sign, since hopefully when I reapply in 3 months I can cite my checking account and AU status in reconsideration, I'm just confused as to how they're able to report it.

Additionally, does anyone have experience in a position similar to mine? Am I taking the right steps, or does Chase always take a hard line on this?

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by LM225
---------------
However, CreditSesame is now showing that Chase is reporting the account under my name; anyone have any idea how they could do so without my SSN?
---------------
FYI, Credit bureaus can also use name and address to identify a person.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:15 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gv111
FYI, Credit bureaus can also use name and address to identify a person.
Interesting. The more you know. Thanks!

I wonder if Chase is making the connection on their end, or if it's only being put together by the bureaus. If the latter, would Chase even know that I'm an AU when I apply?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:31 pm

Hi all - does anyone have experience applying for two business cards at the same time (i.e. Ink Bold and Plus)?

I have great credit, but minimal business income and have used my SSN for business apps in the past. Applied and received a Sapphire Preferred in March 2012 and a United MP in December 2012, but to my understanding that does not affect business apps.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: United 1K
Chase Sapphire Preferred-Approved-Bonus?

I tried searching but no joy.

I just received this card today, and have to put 3K on it in 3 months to get the 25k points. Of course it is invalid if I had one before. I had a Chase Sapphire, but don't know if it was the Preferred one. According to CSR, as long as I didn't have the preferred card I'm OK, but she can't tell me what I had previously, and I don't remember. Is it likely that I'll be OK with respect to the bonus points? I can put my spending to better use if not.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:37 pm

When you log into Chase and see all of your Chase accounts it says what each kind of account it is. I have 3 accounts listed and each one has it's own designation Hyatt, CS, CSP.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:51 pm

New Chase card turn down

With FICO of 775, Chase turned down new card : too many inquiries. Grand total inquiries in last 24 months : 2. When asking for explanation, Chase rep in India explained that for some peope even two inquiries in two years is too many.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: United 1K
Thanks. I show some closed accounts, but not a Sapphire. I know I had one and cancelled it. I guess I'll just give it a shot and see what happens. If it's not showing on my accounts, I can't see how it will affect this one.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
I had the Sapphire before, and got the bonus for the CSP. Why you only signed up for the 25k offer, when there is a 40k though.....

Might wanna SM for the match.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:04 pm
Original Member

3K on it in 3 months to get the 25k points?
  • Most blogs and my website below offer 40K points for the same $3K spend
  • On March 26, 2013, my local branch office gave me the same offer with only a $2,000 spend in 3 months offer.
  • On February 1, 2013, the Delta Points blog posted that one of its readers said "I just walked into my local Chase branch to do some maintenance, and was told I had a special offer for Sapphire Preferred. 70,000 POINTS and only $2000 SPEND in 90 days. Safe to say, I jumped all over that offer." On March 26, 2013, I was unable to get that offer, though I asked at two different offices. Apparently it depends on the account you have with Chase.
You might consider sending a secured message to Chase asking for the standard 40K points, and perhaps for only a $2K spend.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:39 pm

There is practically no way that's the real reason. It's either a mistake or there's something you're not telling us. The Chase rep you spoke to probably just assumed that the denial must be legitimate because that's what the letter said. I doubt he/she actually knew anything relevant.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:44 pm

I would call back another time. There must be another reason or a mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.