FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

moondog Aug 6, 2010 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by HansGolden (Post 14434464)
Sorry if this is buried earlier in this thread, but I have two questions about the BA 2-4-1 vouchers:
1. When I check award availability online, does there need to be one or two seats available to use the voucher?
2. I assume both people flying need to depart the same U.S. city? (Also, I assume I can't use AA interline to get to BA gateway.)

I would assume the opposite (because BA awards are "BA + one partner"), but not with 100% certainty.

lovetotravel Aug 6, 2010 2:21 pm

Sorry if this is buried earlier in this thread, but I have two questions about the BA 2-4-1 vouchers:
1. When I check award availability online, does there need to be one or two seats available to use the voucher?
2. I assume both people flying need to depart the same U.S. city? (Also, I assume I can't use AA interline to get to BA gateway.)

To use 2-4-1 vouchers all travel must be on BA metal and yes you do need to find 2 available seats on the same itinerary.
The rules for this have been linked in this thread a few times or you can log into your BA account and find what the rules are for 2-4-1 voucher use.

lovetotravel Aug 6, 2010 2:28 pm

Here are the rules, should answers any questions you may have:

Redeem for 1, Travel for 2 Redemption Voucher
Earning a Redemption Voucher for a companion

1. You are only eligible to receive a Redemption Voucher for a companion if you are a member of the BA Executive Club and are the main account holder within a BA/Chase Credit Card account (a “Member”).
2. Additional cardmembers to the main Credit Card account are not eligible to receive a Redemption Voucher. Any amount spent on any supplementary Credit Card(s) of the main Credit Card account will count towards the main account holder’s Spend Target.
3. To be entitled to receive a Redemption Voucher the Member must have reached the required Spend Target within a 12 month period starting each year on January 1 and ending on December 31 (the “Twelve Month Period”) For the avoidance of doubt, if a customer opens a Credit Card account on any date following January 1 then they must have reached their Spend Target by December 31 of that year to be awarded a Redemption Voucher.
4. The qualifying Spend Target of the BA/Chase Credit Card is 30,000 USD (the “Spend Target”). Qualifying spend does not include cash withdrawals, interest, balance transfers and fees.
5. Only one Redemption Voucher can be earned in any Twelve Month Period. If the Member reaches their Spend Target within the Twelve Month Period then further spend will not accumulate towards another Redemption Voucher. Members can begin earning towards their next Redemption Voucher at the beginning of the next Twelve Month Period.
6. When the Member has reached the Spend Target an e-voucher (“Redemption Voucher”) will automatically be added to their BA Executive Club account. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. The Redemption Voucher will be valid from the date on which it appears on the Member’s Executive Club account and will be valid for 24 months.

Using the Redemption Voucher for a companion

1. The Redemption Voucher allows the main BA/Chase account holder, when making a return flight booking using BA Miles, to book another seat on the exact same journey for a companion without having to pay the BA Miles flight price for that Companion. Taxes, airline, government, or other separately charged fees and charges must be paid by Member redeeming the Redemption Voucher and is payable at time of booking.
2. The Redemption Voucher will be issued in the name of the main BA/Chase Credit card account holder, who must travel on any Redemption Voucher booking.
3. Redemption Vouchers may only be used for bookings, which are strictly subject to availability and BA offers no guarantee that Members will be able to book for a Companion on any specific flight.
4. A Member who has two valid Redemption Vouchers on their account has the option to redeem both of them simultaneously on one flight booking, the BA Miles flight price must be paid for the Member and an additional individual in order than 2 Companions can travel on that booking.

Rules and Restrictions

1. Redemption Vouchers can only be used for travel on reward flights listed in the Executive Club Redemption table operated by BA, in any cabin class, as long as the Member has sufficient BA Miles to complete the booking for their desired journey.
2. All travel must originate in and return to the US.
3. Redemption Vouchers cannot be redeemed for travel with BA’s franchisees, code share partners or oneworld Alliance members.
4. Redemption Vouchers must be booked online at ba.com.
5. The Member and their Companions must travel together at all times and therefore must be booked onto the same flight and cabin class when travelling using a Redemption Voucher.
6. Bookings for Companions must be made at the same time as the Member makes their booking.
7. Companions do not have to be named within a BA Executive Club Household Account. Members can choose to take anyone as a Companion on their Redemption Voucher booking.
8. Outbound travel must take place before the expiry date stated on the Redemption Voucher however inbound travel may take place after the expiry date.
9. Redemption Vouchers are non-extendable, non-transferable and have no cash value. No BA Miles or other frequent traveller programme miles or points may be earned on Redemption Voucher travel.
10. Once travel using the Redemption Voucher(s) has been booked, name changes are not allowed.
11. If travel using a Redemption Voucher is cancelled within 24 hours of departure, the Voucher will not be re-issued to the Member’s Executive Club account.
12. If travel using a Redemption Voucher is cancelled more than 24 hours before departure then the Redemption Voucher will be re-issued to the Member’s Executive Club account for the remainder of its original validity period.
13. BA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any given time. Any amendments made to these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity of any Redemption Vouchers which have already been issued.
14. Redemption Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion, including Priority Reward (Gold Executive Club membership benefit). For more information on Priority Reward please visit ba.com.
15. Any use of the Redemption Voucher and/or use of BA Miles must be in accordance with the BA Executive Club Terms and Conditions.
16. Members and their Companion(s) will be carried by BA in accordance with its notice and Conditions of Contract (as stated on each ticket) and its general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (copies available on request).
17. Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel. BA and Chase reserve the right to withdraw any Redemption Voucher in the event that the Member is in breach of the terms of the BA/Chase Credit Card or the BA Executive Club Terms and Conditions.
18. Offer subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Additional significant restrictions may apply.

Mountain Trader Aug 9, 2010 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 14434586)
I would assume the opposite (because BA awards are "BA + one partner"), but not with 100% certainty.

Moondog-

Have you found a crack in the all BA metal rule?

joogle Aug 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Quick question, sorry if its asked before:

1. If I cancel our Chase BA cards, will we lose the miles?

2. What is the cheapest way to make sure these miles don't expire, if we can't use them before the end of the year.

Thanks!

Happy Aug 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by joogle (Post 14456975)

2. What is the cheapest way to make sure these miles don't expire, if we can't use them before the end of the year.

Thanks!

BA miles have 3 years life from the last activity.

BA also has an online shopping mall like other airlines, though it is not as convenient as the US airlines online shopping mall. It works the same though, purchases going thru BA portal would earn BA miles.

hotelmotel Aug 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by joogle (Post 14456975)

Thanks!

They don't expire until 36 months of no activity. Cheapest way to make sure they don't expire is to charge a buck on your card (if you don't cancel it).

joogle Aug 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Membership year ends: 08 Jan 2011
Card expiry date: 29 Feb 2012

Right now I have 0 Tier points.

So basically, on 08 JAN 2011, only the TIER points expire?

Lastly, if I cancel my credit in December, my miles right now on my account, shouldn't be effected, right?

gomezjan Aug 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 14457113)
http://bodybuilderspro.info/pictures...818/random.gifBA miles have 3 years life from the last activity.

BA also has an online shopping mall like other airlines, though it is not as convenient as the US airlines online shopping mall. It works the same though, purchases going thru BA portal would earn BA miles.

Yea, the shopping mall leaves a lot to be desired.

yuel Aug 10, 2010 6:56 pm

All my bonuses have all posted, 100,000 + 5,000 + 10,000. I am wanted to cancel the card here in a few weeks, has anyone receive any retention bonus recently?

PatMike Aug 10, 2010 7:01 pm

2 for 1 voucher

Originally Posted by lovetotravel (Post 14435322)
17. Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel. BA and Chase reserve the right to withdraw any Redemption Voucher in the event that the Member is in breach of the terms of the BA/Chase Credit Card or the BA Executive Club Terms and Conditions.

WOW - So I guess we should spend another $75 to renew the card until we redeem this ??? That plus the fuel surcharge makes this a really bad deal (unless you use it in F).

SkinsFan0521 Aug 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by PatMike (Post 14458547)
WOW - So I guess we should spend another $75 to renew the card until we redeem this ??? That plus the fuel surcharge makes this a really bad deal (unless you use it in F).

Why do you need to keep the card?

It says that if you're in violation of the terms. Nothing in the terms says that you need to have the card to redeem the voucher.

Also, it was well known before that you had to fly all BA metal if using the 2-4-1 which means fuel surcharges. But, since you got 100k free + 37k for spending (1.25/$1 spend x 30k), the ideal way to use the voucher is in either business or first class. If you use the 2-4-1 for longhaul business or first, the fuel surcharges will end up being less than you would've paid for two coach tickets (but you'll be flying in business or first!).

If you don't like the 2-4-1 voucher, you can still use the BA miles to fly on any of their partners (including AA for domestic US travel).

ddutil Aug 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Agreed. And BA business is much better than business on most domestic metal, I would say it is not much worse than UA or AA first on transatlantic flights, and they fly to every 2 horse town in Europe, so it is very flexible. I have also found that they usually have a lot of availability because they have so many US gateways. If 2 flat seats to anywhere in Europe isn't worth $1,000 plus 6 months or so of charging (or carrying a pickup load of NA dollars to the bank) to you, then just call EC and burn them on AA tickets.

"If you use the 2-4-1 for longhaul business or first, the fuel surcharges will end up being less than you would've paid for two coach tickets (but you'll be flying in business or first!)."

Happy Aug 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by yuel (Post 14458524)
All my bonuses have all posted, 100,000 + 5,000 + 10,000. I am wanted to cancel the card here in a few weeks, has anyone receive any retention bonus recently?

Not in Chase tradition.

SkinsFan0521 Aug 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 14458939)
Not in Chase tradition.

I've read on here before (probably this thread) that when people called to cancel the BA Visa, they were getting offers of 10k points to keep the card. I don't know if that required them to keep it long enough to pay the next annual fee or not, but I'm sure I read that people were getting 10k points as a retention bonus... no?