FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

leland Sep 7, 2010 9:24 am

Hey all, I just decided to gun for the $30K spend. I'm $16K in without realizing it, and think I would normally spending another $6K for the rest of the year.

Any suggestions a la coins to get me the rest of the way? If it comes down to it I guess I could paypal my rent and cover the fees for my landlord, but that just isn't much fun.

Good tips anyone? Feel free to post back or PM me.

johndeere19 Sep 7, 2010 11:40 am

Originally Posted by leland (Post 14615256)
Hey all, I just decided to gun for the $30K spend. I'm $16K in without realizing it, and think I would normally spending another $6K for the rest of the year.

Any suggestions a la coins to get me the rest of the way? If it comes down to it I guess I could paypal my rent and cover the fees for my landlord, but that just isn't much fun.

Take a look at williampaid (there's a thread on it here somewhere, I think it's called pay your rent online or something) and see whether that might work for you. There's a code for FTers so they don't have to pay the annual fee, but the cost is still fairly high if just going for miles.

Keyser Sep 7, 2010 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by johndeere19 (Post 14616013)
Take a look at williampaid (there's a thread on it here somewhere, I think it's called pay your rent online or something) and see whether that might work for you. There's a code for FTers so they don't have to pay the annual fee, but the cost is still fairly high if just going for miles.

here you go....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...nt-online.html

jrjcopp Sep 7, 2010 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by juggler451 (Post 14603336)
Wife called to cancel card, she was offered 2k miles to keep card open.

Called to cancel my card about 2 months before annual renewal. They said keep the card, you're due some bonus points. Sure enough, 2000 points posted. Still gonna cancel if i have to pay an annual fee.

benmaller Sep 7, 2010 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by leland (Post 14615256)

You can purchase an AMEX gift card to move the spending forward. This could pull January spending into this year. You should be able to find a code online for no-fee on the gift card. Shipping runs around $6 I think.

best Sep 7, 2010 11:41 pm

Usually need to cancel within 30 days of charging the annual fee to reverse it.

Originally Posted by jrjcopp (Post 14617015)
Called to cancel my card about 2 months before annual renewal. They said keep the card, you're due some bonus points. Sure enough, 2000 points posted. Still gonna cancel if i have to pay an annual fee.

vatali Sep 8, 2010 11:31 am

Finally got a chance to use my miles. Taking the family to Curacao for a week. Turned the whole vacation into a measly 1600 bucks, all in, staying at the Hyatt. Not bad at all for spending a little over 15k on a card on business trips.

no0neelse Sep 9, 2010 3:21 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Just went over the $30k in spend. I sent a secure email to Chase to confirm I've gone over the threshold. Time to put the Visa in the drawer and spend more time on the Citi AA :D

osiriuso Sep 14, 2010 10:08 am

Any strategies for using BA miles for a trip from LAX to CAI (Egypt)?
The tour I want to take is 26-Dec to 02-Jan... I tried using BA but the availability is shoddy at best and the fees are hefty.

Any guidance on where else I could look would be appreciated :)

Happy Sep 14, 2010 10:19 am

Originally Posted by osiriuso (Post 14656099)
Any strategies for using BA miles for a trip from LAX to CAI (Egypt)?
The tour I want to take is 26-Dec to 02-Jan... I tried using BA but the availability is shoddy at best and the fees are hefty.

Any guidance on where else I could look would be appreciated :)

Your question would be better served by participants in BA forum.

They are usually very helpful if you ask suggestions nicely.

FlyingBoat Sep 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Just got an email for 5K free points by signing up for their email marketing. Not sure if this is targeted. I signen my wife and I up, so we should get another 10K

Click on "Manage my account," then select "Update my details."

Check the appropriate boxes under "Marketing consent."
(Be sure that the first and third boxes are checked.)

zensync Sep 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Could you expand on how you got 5K in miles.

abcx Sep 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat (Post 14684881)
Just got an email for 5K free points by signing up for their email marketing. Not sure if this is targeted. I signen my wife and I up, so we should get another 10K

Click on "Manage my account," then select "Update my details."

Check the appropriate boxes under "Marketing consent."
(Be sure that the first and third boxes are checked.)

Just did the same.

rrgg Sep 17, 2010 3:09 pm

So I guess I should unsubscribe so they'll send me a 5k offer to re-subscribe?

the_jaguar Sep 17, 2010 7:09 pm

yep, I got the 5K signup bonus email too. I am going to do that right now for my wife and me.