FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

Happy Jul 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by hauteboy (Post 14326584)
Well. it should have been the 27th.. the previous two months did go through on the correct days. As it is the transaction date is 6/30 but post date is 7/1.

Write a secured email to Chase - they are normally very good in looking into situation and offer help if it is warranted.

27th is still too close for my taste. I would like to have some room left in case things do not work the way expected, there is still enough time for remedy. But that is the chicken me playing. ;)

BTW, June 27th was a Sunday, so the scheduled charge would not happen until 28th the earliest. It would take at least one or two business day for Chase to POST it. There, you would barely make it on the 30th even if everything went as planned.

CassiusClay Jul 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Flight Inquiry

I want to start off by thanking all the contributors to this major thread..I found this deal over on the slickdeals forums. I attained all the really helpful info in utilizing some what would be pricey domestic flights here in the US through this longgg thread. Going through a BA agent w/ using data from the AA.com website is clutch...also took advantage of the extra person/household card 5k bonus, many thanks!

I'm trying to fly to Amsterdam next Spring with my best friend...however I am 9300 miles short to be able to check a flight plan's associated taxes/fuel surcharges ..

Hopefully someone doesn't mind running these flight details through and helping me figure out the charges for the two tickets via 100k miles.

Oh & I was part of that April,May,June 10k extra miles program and fell short in May by 7.36$ so others, don't feel bad if u missed out...I was a bigger idiot, doh.

Departure
21 Mar 16:25 21 Mar Indianapolis > O'Hare (Chicago) AA5087

21 Mar 06:40 22 Mar O'Hare (Chicago) > Heathrow (London) BA0294

Mar 10:55 22 Mar Heathrow (London) Amsterdam BA0430

Return
30 Mar 10:25 30 Mar Amsterdam > Heathrow (London) BA0429

30 Mar 14:15 30 Mar Heathrow (London) > O'Hare (Chicago) BA0295

30 Mar 17:55 30 Mar O'Hare (Chicago) > Indianapolis AA5094

Cheers & TIA!

jeelele Jul 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by CassiusClay (Post 14327724)
I'm trying to fly to Amsterdam next Spring with my best friend...however I am 9300 miles short to be able to check a flight plan's associated taxes/fuel surcharges ..

Hopefully someone doesn't mind running these flight details through and helping me figure out the charges for the two tickets via 100k miles.

Departure

Return

Cheers & TIA!

Search for one seat and the taxes will be the same of the second one. :)

CassiusClay Jul 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by jeelele (Post 14327776)
Search for one seat and the taxes will be the same of the second one. :)

Good call! haha, thanks!

Cornroaster Jul 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Just as a note of interest, I had recently run my charge balance on the BA card I got on the 100M offer close to the limit that was set when I opened the card (I found an auto dealer who would let me put several thousand dollars on the charge for the purchase of a new car) and got a note from Chase that my credit line was raised. They also had a note saying that I can "Earn double BA miles when you use your card to dine out between July 21 and September 19 - that's two BA Miles for every eligible dollar you spend on dining."
If it were actually double miles, it would actually be 2.5 miles per dollar. I wonder if I will end up with 2 miles pe dollar as stated in the offer, 2.5 miles (which would actually be double miles over my regular 1.25 miles per dollar) or 2.25 miles (my normal 1.25 miles plus 1 bonus mile.)

socal_flyer Jul 20, 2010 2:58 am

Use BA miles for trip to India?

I got the 100K offer last year, and also added two users to the card, and have generally maximized the use. I am on track to hit 30K by November.

I would like to use the award to travel to India next year. Any suggestions on best times to search for awards? How far out can I book them? I'd like to fly to Hyderabad but will take Bombay and pay my way to HYD from BOM if need be.

User Name Jul 20, 2010 3:41 am

Originally Posted by CassiusClay (Post 14327724)
I want to start off by thanking all the contributors to this major thread..I found this deal over on the slickdeals forums. I attained all the really helpful info in utilizing some what would be pricey domestic flights here in the US through this longgg thread. Going through a BA agent w/ using data from the AA.com website is clutch...also took advantage of the extra person/household card 5k bonus, many thanks!

Oh & I was part of that April,May,June 10k extra miles program and fell short in May by 7.36$ so others, don't feel bad if u missed out...I was a bigger idiot, doh.

Departure

Return

Cheers & TIA!

Try the BAEC forum. This thread is about the credit card deal.

Quasiconvexity Jul 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by kingsubbu (Post 14149341)
Apologies for dragging up this mega-thread.

For those that received the 2-for-1 voucher, how much time did it take to show up after you hit the 30K in spend? I will be hitting the spend requirement with this month's statement and was wondering when I might be able to use it for a booking. The T&C say 4-6 weeks but I was wondering if someone had received it sooner than that.

Just to provide an update - the voucher showed up with this month's statement - 4 weeks in all. Not bad at all! ^

lovetotravel Jul 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by socal_flyer (Post 14331325)
I got the 100K offer last year, and also added two users to the card, and have generally maximized the use. I am on track to hit 30K by November.

I would like to use the award to travel to India next year. Any suggestions on best times to search for awards? How far out can I book them? I'd like to fly to Hyderabad but will take Bombay and pay my way to HYD from BOM if need be.

What class are you planning to book, economy, business or first class?
First to India is fairly expensive for miles and taxes both (270,000 miles), business is not that much better either(180,000 miles).

Initially I wanted to do a trip to India as well but decided that better value would be perhaps Italy or thereabouts.

Keyser Jul 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by lovetotravel (Post 14336500)
What class are you planning to book, economy, business or first class?
First to India is fairly expensive for miles and taxes both (270,000 miles), business is not that much better either(180,000 miles).

i agree....

jimcoddington Jul 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Chase is such a waste!!!!!

I tried to use my card only to find out Chase has cancelled my BA card.

I called Chase to ask why, and I was told 'inappropiate use' of the card. I tried to get more information out of the rep., but that is all they would tell me.

I imagine Chase did not like me using the card to fund my CitiBank accounts and coins, go figure?????

Has this happened to anyone else?

SkinsFan0521 Jul 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by jimcoddington (Post 14358109)

I called Chase to ask why, and I was told 'inappropiate use' of the card. I tried to get more information out of the rep., but that is all they would tell me.

I imagine Chase did not like me using the card to fund my CitiBank accounts and coins, go figure?????

I've read that a few people have had their accounts canceled, but it doesn't seem to be something that's extremely common.

I sure hope it doesn't happen to me since I'm about $2k from my $30k spend for the companion certificate!!!

Edit: I'm not funding accounts, but I am buying coins...

buschoi Jul 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Yes, but not me. Few FTers as well as some readers of the Frugal Travel Guy's blog have had their cards and accounts all closed and were never able to open any accounts anymore. That's one thing that some FTers have kept warning - stay away from Chase with any creative transactions. Being unable to take any future offers, such as the Continental-Checking account, IHG credit card, etc., is a far greater loss than the miles gained from the creative transactions.

I am sure some here will still disagree and indicate they never have a problem, but I personally will still stay away from the Chase cards for anything that may trigger its nerve. I am staying on the conservative side to actually keep the door open and maximize any earning opportunity in the long term.

ma91pmh Jul 24, 2010 2:12 pm

1. Do onto others as they would do onto you! 2. What comes around goes around! 3. Good things always happen to good people!

sounds like some karma from chase :)

Happy Jul 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Have you used the card OTHER THAN the offending activities? Dont use the card for some mundane day-to-day activities every now and then in the mix would do you in.

Funding bank accounts seem to be the more serious offender than ordering coins.