Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
That rumor has no credibility. Sinovac is approved by WHO and used in Singapore through special access, too, though not officially endorsed by the government.

The most I see is that Singapore is going to require PCR tests for those vaccinated with vaccine other than Pfizer BioNTech or Moderna.
PCR test is already required for those vaccinated with Pfizer BioNTech, and in Singapore, vaccinated with Sinovac cannot get you any exemption which other vaccinated persons with Pfizer BioNTech or Moderna could enjoy
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:41 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by apsrinomecker
PCR test is already required for those vaccinated with Pfizer BioNTech, and in Singapore, vaccinated with Sinovac cannot get you any exemption which other vaccinated persons with Pfizer BioNTech or Moderna could enjoy
What exemption do you mean? Tests before events?

With more than 70% fully vaccinated in Singapore, in the long run, I don't see it requiring PCR tests for fully vaccinated (Pfizer/Moderna) travelers from safe country. Other quick and cheaper tests is more likely.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:26 am

news is saying Singapore may not allow the 1 million Hong Kong people vaccinated with Sinovac to join the bubble/corridor. politically I think it is very hard for China (incl Hong Kong) to accept and that's why those LegCo members are saying might as well give it up
Hong Kong recognizes almost all the vaccines approved by different countries, including the Russian one and the made-in-India AZ vaccine. As an international city, similar to HK, I don't think Singapore will deny other vaccines.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:25 am

news is saying Singapore may not allow the 1 million Hong Kong people vaccinated with Sinovac to join the bubble/corridor. politically I think it is very hard for China (incl Hong Kong) to accept and that's why those LegCo members are saying might as well give it up
dont think this is correct. Singapore have not asked for vaccination as a requirement in May. Only HK ask for it.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 9:24 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Hopefully at some point the "validation test" will be an antibody level test. This will cover "without bias" the various vaccination products and accept that some recovered COVID patients will have better immunity levels than those with the "more effective" vaccines....

Trying to be logical so I can resume wandering
Fred
Old Jul 11, 2021, 11:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Trying to be logical so I can resume wandering Fred
Unfortunately there are too many decision makers in desperate need of a Vulcan mind meld
Old Jul 26, 2021, 4:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Singapore to end quarantine in September?

If this article is correct https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/sing...free-september then good news but I hope the final paragraph is not prescient:

'And, like with most travel restrictions during the pandemic, it’s likely that policies may change at a moment’s notice'.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Nicc HK

If this article is correct https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/sing...free-september then good news but I hope the final paragraph is not prescient:

'And, like with most travel restrictions during the pandemic, it’s likely that policies may change at a moment’s notice'.
for Hong Kong, likely requires reciprocal agreement.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Nicc HK

If Singapore opens up to all/ lower risks countries, I doubt if HK will still go ahead with the travel bubble as HK aims at zeroing out local cases.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by SLGO
If Singapore opens up to all/ lower risks countries, I doubt if HK will still go ahead with the travel bubble as HK aims at zeroing out local cases.
Even if Singapore is not open to most countries right now, its unlinked case is 5 times higher than the agree thershold for the travel bubble with HK. Quite impossible HK will let visitors from Singapore in if it relaxes its immigration restrictions to countries with higher risk.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:21 pm

Even if Singapore is not open to most countries right now, its unlinked case is 5 times higher than the agree thershold for the travel bubble with HK. Quite impossible HK will let visitors from Singapore in if it relaxes its immigration restrictions to countries with higher risk.
We(Singapore) are moving towards endemic.

large number of unlinked case could just mean we don't try hard enough to look for the links, my personal opinion.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m
We(Singapore) are moving towards endemic.

large number of unlinked case could just mean we don't try hard enough to look for the links, my personal opinion.
Not there yet. We are still under a soft lock down (whatever name it is called) with no dine in, only group gathering of 2 people, and thousands of people sent to quarantine because they are considered close contacts (including some took the same MRT)

In any case, the different road map means the bubble (whatever name it is called) with HK won't happen, and places managed covid really well (e.g. NZ) would not let visitors from Singapore in if covid is endemic here
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:58 pm

Not there yet. We are still under a soft lock down (whatever name it is called) with no dine in, only group gathering of 2 people, and thousands of people sent to quarantine because they are considered close contacts (including some took the same MRT)

In any case, the different road map means the bubble (whatever name it is called) with HK won't happen, and places managed covid really well (e.g. NZ) would not let visitors from Singapore in if covid is endemic here
I still have high hope that dine-in will be open to vaccinated people after national day. I think the obstacle is the technology to show a person is vaccinated easy enough for anyone with basic skill to check.

I have stopped caring about case number, linked or unlinked after I got my second dose.

finger-crossed.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:42 am

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...htm?fontSize=1

The travel bubble is dead. Singapore will open border to HK and Macao and talks about travel bubble will be ceased.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:18 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Reply1984
https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...htm?fontSize=1

The travel bubble is dead. Singapore will open border to HK and Macao and talks about travel bubble will be ceased.
Interesting that Singapore will waive quarantine to HK/DMO/E/BN even if unreciprocated https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/19/sing...-visitors.html

Last edited by percysmith; Aug 19, 2021 at 9:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.