Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble

Old May 17, 2021, 6:28 am
  #271  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,351
Totally ridiculous all round frankly.
Singapore_Air is offline  
Old May 17, 2021, 8:03 pm
  #272  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Posts: 617
Originally Posted by Reply1984
So see you in a few months, travel bubble (again...)
Never saw any bubbles before, and doubt if wed see any of those in the near future
SLGO is offline  
Old May 18, 2021, 12:34 pm
  #273  
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NW London and NW Sydney
Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Posts: 6,443
How long before Taiwan moves to Group B too or will they keep it with "China" for political reasons
:D! is offline  
Old May 19, 2021, 12:53 am
  #274  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong, France
Programs: FB , BA Gold
Posts: 15,732
Originally Posted by :D!
How long before Taiwan moves to Group B too or will they keep it with "China" for political reasons
Taiwan requires 21/14 days quarantine since the start of the week.
brunos is offline  
Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:25 am
  #275  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 464
In the latest interview, Singapore Health Minister revealed that the 'air travel bubble' would be renamed as 'air travel corridor', since "the word bubble is a bit of a jinx". Also he believed that it's time for both sides to relook this plan.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...kely-locations
Reply1984 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:23 am
  #276  
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 10,780
Singapore is also not giving their citizens who took sinovac the same freedoms as those who took other vaccines.
sxc is offline  
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:43 am
  #277  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 2,194
Originally Posted by sxc
Singapore is also not giving their citizens who took sinovac the same freedoms as those who took other vaccines.
not other vaccines, only Pfizer and Modena. Not just Sinovac, any other vaccines for now.


There are choices and there are consequences.

It is only fair.
freed0m is offline  
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:04 am
  #278  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 464
Originally Posted by freed0m
not other vaccines, only Pfizer and Modena. Not just Sinovac, any other vaccines for now.


There are choices and there are consequences.

It is only fair.
https://news.mingpao.com/pns/%E6%B8%...B8%89%E9%87%9D

The vaccine adviser for HKSARG indicated that people might need to take a third shot of Sinovac vaccine, while a third shot of BioNTech vaccine might not be necessary.
Reply1984 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:48 pm
  #279  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Posts: 875
3rd Shots

In the UK they are already planning third vaccine shots from 4Q2021. It appears the plan is for annual vaccinations for flu and COVID to go together. Not in the same jab of course.

I deliberately avoided Sinovac for several reasons, but the important one is I personally (my opinion only) have no faith in the vaccine or the company behind it, and felt there would jurisdictions that would not treat Sinovac takers the same way as others. As I travel(led) frequently that is an important consideration.
Nicc HK is offline  
Old Jul 1, 2021, 11:19 pm
  #280  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,328
Originally Posted by Reply1984
In the latest interview, Singapore Health Minister revealed that the 'air travel bubble' would be renamed as 'air travel corridor', since "the word bubble is a bit of a jinx". Also he believed that it's time for both sides to relook this plan.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...kely-locations
now Singapore have change its covid strategy. Not sure whether HK still willing to carry on with the arrangement(travel bubble or corridor).

HKG seem to be determine in maintaining zero infections. (Local n imported). But every now and then, 1 or 2 local cases will appear out of no where.

Even australia have just decided today to change its strategy (similar as SIN).
sbs2716g is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:24 am
  #281  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Posts: 20,090
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Even australia have just decided today to change its strategy (similar as SIN).
In the short term though, Australia is doubling down https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...arantine-trial . Australia "live with Covid" is still very much a pipe dream.
percysmith is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:01 am
  #282  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Posts: 875
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
In the UK they are already planning third vaccine shots from 4Q2021. It appears the plan is for annual vaccinations for flu and COVID to go together. Not in the same jab of course. I deliberately avoided Sinovac for several reasons, but the important one is I personally (my opinion only) have no faith in the vaccine or the company behind it, and felt there would jurisdictions that would not treat Sinovac takers the same way as others. As I travel(led) frequently that is an important consideration.
It is unusual to quote oneself but there are news reports today the EU will not accept the Astra-Zeneca Vaccine produced in India under their 'Green Passport' scheme, so vaccine discrimination looks like it is now a reality.
Nicc HK is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:13 am
  #283  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Posts: 20,090
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
It is unusual to quote oneself but there are news reports today the EU will not accept the Astra-Zeneca Vaccine produced in India under their 'Green Passport' scheme, so vaccine discrimination looks like it is now a reality.
https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/na...s-stuck-275036

That struck me particularly odd, since I thought the SII product is based on the same formulation as the Astrazeneca product.
So let's say further down the road we get Biontech (boosters) from Fosun, it's not going to be treated the same as the German-manufactured product?!

Is US also practicing vaccine discrimination? I'm in a chat group where someone suggested US recognises vaccines but only those approved by FDA, but I am struggling to find where US even needs vaccine to enter at all (short of state passes like Excelsior pass)
percysmith is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:02 am
  #284  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Posts: 875
Originally Posted by percysmith
https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/na...s-stuck-275036

That struck me particularly odd, since I thought the SII product is based on the same formulation as the Astrazeneca product.
So let's say further down the road we get Biontech (boosters) from Fosun, it's not going to be treated the same as the German-manufactured product?!

Is US also practicing vaccine discrimination? I'm in a chat group where someone suggested US recognises vaccines but only those approved by FDA, but I am struggling to find where US even needs vaccine to enter at all (short of state passes like Excelsior pass)
The problem is not the formulation, the internal processes that SII use have to be audited and approved for QA in addition before the EU will accept them, and this is a requirement for each individual manufacturer. This is EU standard practice for all medicines.

I thought an EU team had visited SII earlier this year.

On the BionTech/Fosun, yes exactly the same audit would be required for approval because it is a distinct manufacturer.

The US made it clear pretty early on they had a 3 tier approach:

1. US vaccines first
2. FDA approved vaccines
3. All else need not apply
Nicc HK is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:09 am
  #285  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 2,194
Originally Posted by sbs2716g

Even australia have just decided today to change its strategy (similar as SIN).
I thought they just cut the quota in half.

How realistic is Australia "opening" to the world?

Vaccine confusion, supply, all are problems to "opening"
freed0m is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.