Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble

Old May 17, 21, 7:28 am

Totally ridiculous all round frankly.
Old May 17, 21, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Reply1984 View Post
So see you in a few months, travel bubble (again...)
Never saw any bubbles before, and doubt if wed see any of those in the near future
Old May 18, 21, 1:34 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
How long before Taiwan moves to Group B too or will they keep it with "China" for political reasons
Old May 19, 21, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
How long before Taiwan moves to Group B too or will they keep it with "China" for political reasons
Taiwan requires 21/14 days quarantine since the start of the week.
Old Jul 1, 21, 8:25 am

In the latest interview, Singapore Health Minister revealed that the 'air travel bubble' would be renamed as 'air travel corridor', since "the word bubble is a bit of a jinx". Also he believed that it's time for both sides to relook this plan.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...kely-locations
Old Jul 1, 21, 9:23 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Singapore is also not giving their citizens who took sinovac the same freedoms as those who took other vaccines.
Old Jul 1, 21, 9:43 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Singapore is also not giving their citizens who took sinovac the same freedoms as those who took other vaccines.
not other vaccines, only Pfizer and Modena. Not just Sinovac, any other vaccines for now.

There are choices and there are consequences.

It is only fair.
Old Jul 1, 21, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
not other vaccines, only Pfizer and Modena. Not just Sinovac, any other vaccines for now.

There are choices and there are consequences.

It is only fair.
https://news.mingpao.com/pns/%E6%B8%...B8%89%E9%87%9D

The vaccine adviser for HKSARG indicated that people might need to take a third shot of Sinovac vaccine, while a third shot of BioNTech vaccine might not be necessary.
Old Jul 1, 21, 7:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
3rd Shots

In the UK they are already planning third vaccine shots from 4Q2021. It appears the plan is for annual vaccinations for flu and COVID to go together. Not in the same jab of course.

I deliberately avoided Sinovac for several reasons, but the important one is I personally (my opinion only) have no faith in the vaccine or the company behind it, and felt there would jurisdictions that would not treat Sinovac takers the same way as others. As I travel(led) frequently that is an important consideration.
Old Jul 2, 21, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Reply1984 View Post
In the latest interview, Singapore Health Minister revealed that the 'air travel bubble' would be renamed as 'air travel corridor', since "the word bubble is a bit of a jinx". Also he believed that it's time for both sides to relook this plan.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...kely-locations
now Singapore have change its covid strategy. Not sure whether HK still willing to carry on with the arrangement(travel bubble or corridor).

HKG seem to be determine in maintaining zero infections. (Local n imported). But every now and then, 1 or 2 local cases will appear out of no where.

Even australia have just decided today to change its strategy (similar as SIN).
Old Jul 2, 21, 1:24 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
In the short term though, Australia is doubling down https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...arantine-trial . Australia "live with Covid" is still very much a pipe dream.
Old Jul 2, 21, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Nicc HK View Post
In the UK they are already planning third vaccine shots from 4Q2021. It appears the plan is for annual vaccinations for flu and COVID to go together. Not in the same jab of course. I deliberately avoided Sinovac for several reasons, but the important one is I personally (my opinion only) have no faith in the vaccine or the company behind it, and felt there would jurisdictions that would not treat Sinovac takers the same way as others. As I travel(led) frequently that is an important consideration.
It is unusual to quote oneself but there are news reports today the EU will not accept the Astra-Zeneca Vaccine produced in India under their 'Green Passport' scheme, so vaccine discrimination looks like it is now a reality.
Old Jul 2, 21, 2:13 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Originally Posted by Nicc HK View Post
It is unusual to quote oneself but there are news reports today the EU will not accept the Astra-Zeneca Vaccine produced in India under their 'Green Passport' scheme, so vaccine discrimination looks like it is now a reality.
https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/na...s-stuck-275036

That struck me particularly odd, since I thought the SII product is based on the same formulation as the Astrazeneca product.
So let's say further down the road we get Biontech (boosters) from Fosun, it's not going to be treated the same as the German-manufactured product?!

Is US also practicing vaccine discrimination? I'm in a chat group where someone suggested US recognises vaccines but only those approved by FDA, but I am struggling to find where US even needs vaccine to enter at all (short of state passes like Excelsior pass)
Old Jul 2, 21, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by percysmith View Post
https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/na...s-stuck-275036

That struck me particularly odd, since I thought the SII product is based on the same formulation as the Astrazeneca product.
So let's say further down the road we get Biontech (boosters) from Fosun, it's not going to be treated the same as the German-manufactured product?!

Is US also practicing vaccine discrimination? I'm in a chat group where someone suggested US recognises vaccines but only those approved by FDA, but I am struggling to find where US even needs vaccine to enter at all (short of state passes like Excelsior pass)
The problem is not the formulation, the internal processes that SII use have to be audited and approved for QA in addition before the EU will accept them, and this is a requirement for each individual manufacturer. This is EU standard practice for all medicines.

I thought an EU team had visited SII earlier this year.

On the BionTech/Fosun, yes exactly the same audit would be required for approval because it is a distinct manufacturer.

The US made it clear pretty early on they had a 3 tier approach:

1. US vaccines first
2. FDA approved vaccines
3. All else need not apply
Old Jul 2, 21, 5:09 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post

I thought they just cut the quota in half.

How realistic is Australia "opening" to the world?

Vaccine confusion, supply, all are problems to "opening"

Search this Thread