Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
I got an error while booking an award ticket over the weekend as well. I called them up and they booked it over the phone and waived the phone booking fees.
i dont think theres a phone booking fee. Just a phone rebooking fee
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:52 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
I got an error while booking an award ticket over the weekend as well. I called them up and they booked it over the phone and waived the phone booking fees.
First customer-friendly initiative post-22/6
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Asia Miles: non-flight redemptions is all your miles will be good for post-22/6

Last edited by percysmith; Aug 8, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:26 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Anyone think they might be fixing the married segments issue route by route? I just did some random searches for HKG-SIN AND HKG-TPE for mid September and there now seems to be lots of availability.

However BKK still seems to be locked down.
maverick17 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by sxc
Anyone think they might be fixing the married segments issue route by route? I just did some random searches for HKG-SIN AND HKG-TPE for mid September and there now seems to be lots of availability.

Interesting observation. Hopefully that really is the case!
Indeed seems like the HKG-SIN availability is coming back for both AM and BAEC.

looking promising and hope they fix them for all the other intra asia routes!

Last edited by ermen; Aug 11, 2018 at 6:58 am
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by sxc

I booked HKG-PVG for mid September using Avios the other day and there was plenty of availability in J (however funnily enough - zero in Y). Not sure if this route was ever plagued by the married segments issue, but a data point nonetheless.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:52 am

Location: DCA's home, AA hubs and spokes are where you'll usually find me
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
HKG-BKK award space

Originally Posted by sxc

I think you just answered my question -- I'm finding zero CX award space on HKG-BKK and was wondering if it still had married segment issues and/or if anyone had found a working solution.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:24 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sxc

It looks like from 11 October, HKG-BKK and return availability returns.

Edit: but looks like from around 20th November, there's no availability again for BKK.

I don't know why the availability tap is turned on specifically from 11 October - they are closing off availability for the next two months? But I don't think that's the case as Singapore seems to be widely available from 5 September. Or the computers are still churning through BKK availability and more availability will come online soon?

Last edited by sxc; Aug 12, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:16 pm

Question Clarification of maximum sectors

Hi,
Have been searching everywhere for a clarification of what looks to be a pretty big showstopper for me for regular award redemptions in the new T&Cs.
For the round-trip Flight Award (except the oneworld Multi-Carrier Award), a maximum of 4 sectors are allowed
My understanding is that this would mean if I tried to redeem say, SYD-NRT-HEL-BCN-HEL-NRT-SYD, (i.e. SYD-BCN via NRT/HEL) I'm completely out of luck because that would be 6 sectors?
That's extraordinarily limiting for long-haul bookings out of Australia as you're limited in the cities you can get to in one stop, and even more-so for me because I don't live in SYD/MEL.

Have I interpreted that correctly or are joined segments in a one-way booking counted as one sector? (apologies the terminology confuses me sometimes).
Seems like the only use for Asia Miles now are CX rewards and the OW multi-carrier.
kaka likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

SYD-NRT-HEL-BCN-HEL-NRT-SYD is a oneworld multi-carrier. You still have 5 stopovers two transits two open jaws
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by adelaidefc
Hi,
Have been searching everywhere for a clarification of what looks to be a pretty big showstopper for me for regular award redemptions in the new T&Cs.

My understanding is that this would mean if I tried to redeem say, SYD-NRT-HEL-BCN-HEL-NRT-SYD, (i.e. SYD-BCN via NRT/HEL) I'm completely out of luck because that would be 6 sectors?
That's extraordinarily limiting for long-haul bookings out of Australia as you're limited in the cities you can get to in one stop, and even more-so for me because I don't live in SYD/MEL.

Have I interpreted that correctly or are joined segments in a one-way booking counted as one sector? (apologies the terminology confuses me sometimes).
Seems like the only use for Asia Miles now are CX rewards and the OW multi-carrier.
Not sure why one should get to many cities in "one stop" or why a return ticket that does not allow 6 sectors is "extraordinarily limiting", especially since you can go for OW multi-carrier and even more so use other programs.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Not sure why one should get to many cities in "one stop" or why a return ticket that does not allow 6 sectors is "extraordinarily limiting", especially since you can go for OW multi-carrier and even more so use other programs.
because that IS actually the OWMC award he is looking for? why be so intimidating lol
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:34 am

No. He is well aware of owe but was not expecting to use it. Please read his post. Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
No. He is well aware of owe but was not expecting to use it. Please read his post. Thanks.
Yep sorry I was only using the route as an example - the OW multi-carrier is still incredible value on Asia Miles IMHO, especially given the various tiers of miles available at different costs.
They can just be really tricky to pull together though especially from my home airport (Canberra). For example trying to book the very first leg once (CBR-BNE-NRT) the attendant on my phone call refused to let me book an available Y Qantas flight to BNE and then the also available BNE-NRT in J. No idea, I tried twice. Unless that whole leg was available in J from CBR they wouldn't book the connecting segments.

I really just wanted to clarify that the regular awards are now only of use in very limited circumstances for me personally. I would have to take a separate flight to/from another Australian port just to have a chance of getting anywhere except Asia and West Coast US (and availability on that route is brutal).
Given the value of the multi-carrier that's probably where I'll be spending my miles.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by sxc

I have the same issue with LH flight, trying to book PVG-HKG-MXP in J, PVG-HKG is wide open but I can't get the HKG-MXP segment to show up, even if booked separately, but I have availability on the HKG-MXP if I decide to do TPE-HKG-MXP...
kaka and percysmith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.