FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:30 am
adelaidefc

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
No. He is well aware of owe but was not expecting to use it. Please read his post. Thanks.
Yep sorry I was only using the route as an example - the OW multi-carrier is still incredible value on Asia Miles IMHO, especially given the various tiers of miles available at different costs.
They can just be really tricky to pull together though especially from my home airport (Canberra). For example trying to book the very first leg once (CBR-BNE-NRT) the attendant on my phone call refused to let me book an available Y Qantas flight to BNE and then the also available BNE-NRT in J. No idea, I tried twice. Unless that whole leg was available in J from CBR they wouldn't book the connecting segments.

I really just wanted to clarify that the regular awards are now only of use in very limited circumstances for me personally. I would have to take a separate flight to/from another Australian port just to have a chance of getting anywhere except Asia and West Coast US (and availability on that route is brutal).
Given the value of the multi-carrier that's probably where I'll be spending my miles.