Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow early bag drop

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2023, 2:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ffg
I tried this last week and I got an answer: 'NO'.

I went to LHR last week in the morning and attempted to drop off my bag for the 5 PM flight (holding a PEY ticket). Unfortunately, my request was rejected, and the staff said, 'We are currently checking the baggage for the current flight at noon. If you want to check your bag now, it will arrive at HKG with this flight, so it’s likely that you might lose it.'

This was just a one-time experience for me, so I'm not sure if it's their SOP or if I simply had no luck.
There is no way that bag would fly on a different plane to you. Everyone knows this is not allowed. Unless your bag is delayed and being shipped to you after you arrived without luggage.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
This is what the Cathay website says re: LHR check-in on their website:

Check-in counterTerminal 3, Zone C

Opening hours
From 08:20 until 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the last flight of the day

this would lead me to believe you can check-in from 08:20 for any flight leaving that day?
Old Jun 9, 2023, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by BrettG2909
This is what the Cathay website says re: LHR check-in on their website:

Check-in counterTerminal 3, Zone C

Opening hours
From 08:20 until 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the last flight of the day

this would lead me to believe you can check-in from 08:20 for any flight leaving that day?
can anyone actually confirm if my interpretation is the above is correct? I’d like to avail of early check-in (specially bag drop) for my 1820 CX flight (albeit not until Sept so no rush &#128514. My last trip before my OWE expires so would like to lounge hop a little… early bag drop would be lovely.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by oldchinahand
No Confusion Ernest. The mentioned date was at the end of the announcement as I recall in a smaller font - what I posted was a copy and paste from CX site.
Once again, oldchinahand , I beg to differ. A Google search of the text you mentioned (https://www.google.com/search?q=%22E...llowing+day%22) only leads to LHR T5 results, in addition to this thread. As we know LHR T5 is not for CX flights.
Is there Ernest but only posted on the 25 th May - sorry I dont have time to pinpoint it today but I am sure that you will find it.
And, no, I don't find it.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 9:56 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
You should have no problem
This from Cathay UK web site-

"With our free Twilight Check-in™ service,
you can drop your bags off at your UK departure airport between 16:30 and 21:00 the evening before your morning flight. Thanks to Twilight Check-in™, when you arrive at departures the next day, your luggage is already sorted."
Old Jun 19, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National

you can drop your bags off at your UK departure airport between 16:30 and 21:00 the evening before your morning flight. Thanks to Twilight Check-in™, when you arrive at departures the next day, your luggage is already sorted."
Mind sharing a URL? A Google search does not indicate this is from CX: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22T...%A2+service%22
Old Jun 19, 2023, 3:49 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat

The Twilight service seems to be a Jet2 service....
Old Mar 10, 2024, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I hope to early bag drop off at LHR T3 next month.
I'm on the 2200 CX flight to HKG ( in J) and will probably try to check in around 1600 so I can enjoy the T3 lounges.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:08 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
LHR is very tight re early baggage check-in and timing that airlines can open their check-in facilities thus the best bet is the left luggage counter in terminal 3 -below
It works well for a few hours and is affordable

https://www.left-baggage.co.uk/en/lo...ge-heathrow-t3
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:53 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I'm on the 2200 CX flight to HKG ( in J) and will probably try to check in around 1600 so I can enjoy the T3 lounges.

Regards

TBS
I wouldn't expect this to be a problem.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
LHR is very tight re early baggage check-in and timing that airlines can open their check-in facilities thus the best bet is the left luggage counter in terminal 3 -below
It works well for a few hours and is affordable

https://www.left-baggage.co.uk/en/lo...ge-heathrow-t3
How would that work then? There's no way to get to the lounge then come back out to get your luggage and check it in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.