Search

CX boarding music 2023-24

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Asia Miles
CX boarding music 2023-24

Hi all,

Does anyone know where one can access the latest boarding music for CX? Just flown from LHR-HKG and they were playing a lovely, relaxing instrumental version of a classic, (They long to be) close to you by the Carpenters. The flute was mainly playing in this version and it was beautiful to hear, especially during the evening flights. Really hope someone knows who the artist is? (sadly it only mentioned various artists for the playlist on the IFE). They also have a lovely version of Love’s theme now playing also. All in all, a great way to make the long journey to Asia relaxed
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:44 am

Programs: CX, Delta
Did CX turn up the boarding music recently? I was traveling over Christmas and found the boarding music a bit too loud compared to earlier. I also found the ambient music in Pier First lounge also a bit too loud during the Christmas holidays compared to the past.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:17 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
Originally Posted by JW95
Hi all,

Does anyone know where one can access the latest boarding music for CX? ...... They also have a lovely version of Love’s theme now playing also. All in all, a great way to make the long journey to Asia relaxed
Oh wow, Love's Theme. I thought I heard it on a recent flight -- but figured I was hallucinating/regressing back to my youth in the 1980s! They used to play that theme in the Tristar L1011's. Nice, nostalgic throwback for CX to revive it.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:19 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver
https://entertainment.cathaypacific....ge?id=23311893

Playlist on their website. I just checked all the tracks are available on Apple Music. Not sure about other platforms. I think the one you're looking for is by the Bamboo Flute Orchestra. On my recent HKG-LAX flight this is also the one track that really stood out to me.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 10:26 am

Programs: Asia Miles Korean Air Skypass Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles
List and track 6 is the 1980s song

Originally Posted by ZSTWHK

Playlist on their website. I just checked all the tracks are available on Apple Music. Not sure about other platforms. I think the one you're looking for is by the Bamboo Flute Orchestra. On my recent HKG-LAX flight this is also the one track that really stood out to me.
Liked it and I wonder if that was the same as 2022-2023 or not. Track 6 Love's theme is the 1980s commercial music used in this
Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:50 pm

Programs: MPC DM

Yes you are correct. I just boarded and heard it and remembered this post and hit “Shazam” …They Long to Be Close to You by Bamboo Flute Orchestra https://www.shazam.com/track/3297676...referrer=share
typicalwin likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chater
Yes you are correct. I just boarded and heard it and remembered this post and hit “Shazam” …They Long to Be Close to You by Bamboo Flute Orchestra https://www.shazam.com/track/3297676...referrer=share
That's the one! Thank you They were playing this when we boarded in LHR, and it was beautiful, really set the tone for a relaxed evening's flight to Hong Kong, as did 'Love's Theme' - they had two variations playing, one by Ronnie Aldrich and the other, an instrumental, by Shintaro Aoki, beautiful piece
Old Jan 27, 2024, 4:43 am
Original Poster

CX no longer playing music on landing?

Something else I noticed recently, but unsure if it was a one-off: On my recent flights with CX (LHR-BKK return), no landing music was played on any of the 4 sectors. Has anyone else noticed this on their flights? I didn't realise landing music is no longer played.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:17 am

Programs: Asia Miles Korean Air Skypass Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles
Reply Throwback

That's the one! Thank you They were playing this when we boarded in LHR, and it was beautiful, really set the tone for a relaxed evening's flight to Hong Kong, as did 'Love's Theme' - they had two variations playing, one by Ronnie Aldrich and the other, an instrumental, by Shintaro Aoki, beautiful piece
You got their 1980s commercial music which is what the airline was known for complete with the Green Cucumber Sandwich livery
Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:29 am

Programs: CX Gold
Something else I noticed recently, but unsure if it was a one-off: On my recent flights with CX (LHR-BKK return), no landing music was played on any of the 4 sectors. Has anyone else noticed this on their flights? I didn't realise landing music is no longer played.
I noticed this on my last 2 flights in Feb. I wonder why
Old Feb 14, 2024, 3:48 am

Programs: CX DM, AA Plat Pro, SQ Gold, EK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
The whole current playlist is on spotify also:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5X...c6dab122944435
Old Feb 14, 2024, 6:22 am

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
I was on 4 flights earlier this month, 3 on the A359/K, and 1 on the A333. Surprisingly, only the 333 played the landing music.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 5:48 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver
Correct me if I'm wrong, the landing music and boarding music is the same?

I had the opposite experience, the music didn't play during boarding but played during landing and taxiing to the gate, on 3 of my 4 sectors too
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Correct me if I'm wrong, the landing music and boarding music is the same?

I had the opposite experience, the music didn't play during boarding but played during landing and taxiing to the gate, on 3 of my 4 sectors too
Seems to be the case, does the playlist still change every month? (Pretty sure that's what CX used to do). On all my previous flights with Cathay bar the most recent one's, boarding and landing music were always played, maybe it was just a case of the crew forgetting to hit play upon landing, not sure. I did note that the music did come back on again when we were disembarking though.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 10:42 am

Programs: CX
Originally Posted by chater
Yes you are correct. I just boarded and heard it and remembered this post and hit “Shazam” …They Long to Be Close to You by Bamboo Flute Orchestra ...
Just landed and look for this song
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.