Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Winners UK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2023, 4:50 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Just got the email!

Was 4.5k in the queue, and had a bit of technical issue initially, so hurray I guess!
Old Jun 5, 2023, 4:53 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I got one and I was 8000 in the queue. Glad I persisted.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 5:07 am

Programs: BA
Hi! anyone actually redeemed yet? How much is the tax etc? And is it possible to type in redemption code but then not finish the booking as I haven't decided on the date yet but would like to check availability.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 5:32 am

Programs: BA, CX
Glad to grab a ticket for myself! I was ~11k in the queue and thought the game was over for me.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 6:20 am

Was like 12k+ in the queue and managed to score one to my surprise.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Will I have to pay YQ?
Old Jun 5, 2023, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kitty888
Hi! anyone actually redeemed yet? How much is the tax etc? And is it possible to type in redemption code but then not finish the booking as I haven't decided on the date yet but would like to check availability.
Hi! Just wondering if you managed to get any info on what the availability is like? I'm in the same situation as I'm not sure what dates I want to travel yet and I know that the terms and conditions had said that there is a blackout period
Old Jun 5, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Been trying to book all evening, but when I click redeem the website shows an error.

Just been told by the WhatsApp help that even if I was awarded a ticket, it's still "first come, first served" to purchase them. Now they're telling me I can't book a ticket anymore and the availability is gone.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 13, 2023 at 12:19 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:37 pm

I won a ticket!
Wait so even if we 'won' it's not actually real?
Just read the T&C's, I can't see how they can not honour it once they've sent a redemption code.
Are you sure your dates were not during a blackout period?

Last edited by AviosTreasureHunter; Jun 5, 2023 at 2:43 pm
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:57 pm

I spoke to them on the phone and they apologised, and said they'd get back to me with booking instructions.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by flyuk

I spoke to them on the phone and they apologised, and said they'd get back to me with booking instructions.
Ah so they are now saying they'll honour it? They have to. I can't see any out in their T&C's.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 12, 2023 at 8:26 am Reason: Redacted quoted image for readability.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by AviosTreasureHunter
Ah so they are now saying they'll honour it? They have to. I can't see any out in their T&C's.
I'm genuinely not sure, but the email clearly states I won and the terms and conditions state that an award means a single return ticket. It'll be an easy win in a small claims court.
​​​​
Old Jun 5, 2023, 3:08 pm

they properly doubled down when I challenged them though. I suggest calling and speaking to someone in person.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 3:13 pm

I'm genuinely not sure, but the email clearly states I won and the terms and conditions state that an award means a single return ticket. It'll be an easy win in a small claims court.
​​​​
​​​​​​Yes very easy to win in SCC.
​​​​​​Book and pay for the ticket using the link then claim the difference between the £326 (or whatever it was) and the fare charged.
​​​​​​Hopefully they'll just honour it though.
Reading the email and T&C's its clear if you got a redemption code today, and you use it by July 4th you are entitled to a £326 round trip.

they properly doubled down when I challenged them though. I suggest calling and speaking to someone in person.
What exactly has calling them achieved? Are they now saying via phone they'll honour it?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 13, 2023 at 12:17 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 5, 2023, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by AviosTreasureHunter
What exactly has calling them achieved? Are they now saying via phone they'll honour it?
The lady congratulated me at first. Then took all my details (full name, membership number, email address and phone number), then said she needed to contact the relevant office who would contact me by email to confirm the itinerary with me. I told her that the WhatsApp help had said the tickets were all booked, and she said to wait for the email. So I'm not sure what the email will be, but she did say congratulations and "have a nice flight".

At this point I have no idea where this is going.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.