Wiki Posts
Search

The new "Cathay"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2022, 12:51 am
feh

Programs: Cathay Pacific, Air Astana
And "elevated" elimination of extra baggage allowances for Silvers
It's going to be interesting to see what CX actually do to retain customer loyalty - besides relying on other airlines continuing to boycott HKG
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:36 am

How many fluff emails are they going to send us? "Incredible lifestyle offers", "clean, streamlined design", "everything in one place", "unforgettable experiences".

This is nothing more than a half-hearted attempt to mesh all the lifestyle crap they are trying to push into the Marco Polo Club.
feh likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:13 am

What is priority online check in???
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:48 am
kkl

Wow the new award search engine is so bad. have to look up individual flight legs.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Life PLT 2MM+, JL, CX, SQ, EK, QF, UA, BA, AR, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by mccx
I haven't been able to search for any reward flights since the page was updated. Every time I search for any reward flights now, it just bring me to a broken page on api.cathaypacific.com/redibe/IBEFacade and get stuck there. Is anyone having the same issue?

Been seeing this for the last few days. Chrome,Firefox,Opera.....Windows7/10/ios.....Cathay Pacific app, "Cathay" app.....different ISP's, No VPN/Firewall/Anti-Virus.
Sent feedback to CX a few days ago but have not received any reply yet.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:31 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
What is priority online check in???
They must be running out of things to talk about for Greens. Maybe next month’s elevate is that we may get to sit in a seat for the flight.
ual744777sta and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
I was looking to make a multi city booking but can't find that facility. Separately the option to make redemption bookings seems to have disappeared. Then I looked at the new co-branded credit card. Top level cost an annual fee of HK$ 8,000. It would seem that they just want to dump the airline business.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
Hahaha. I found a way in. It is through the flight timetable link to access all the sectors Cathay is flying in the coming year. This turns out to be a booking page, not a timetable but it offers multi city and redemption. So I tried to book MN/BKK/HKG/MNL which would have worked easily under the old booking system. I tried for next May and June to have a good chance of finding award seats. The new booking system requires me to enter every sector so I had to break the first day into MNL/HKG and HKG/BKK. It required me to specify which airline I wanted for each sector. Firstly it quoted 50,000 miles which is the same as under the old system. Then I searched the flights. WOW. To go from MNL to BKK (previously specified on Cathay) I got MNL/KUL/HKG (on MH) followed by same day HKG/KUL/BKK (again on MH). For the BKK/HKG (specified on Cathay) I got BKK/KUL/HKG (on MH) and for the 3 week later HKG/MNL (again specified on Cathay) I was give HKG/NRT/MNL (on JAL). And all for 50,000 miles. Who on earth approved these systems before they were launched to the public?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 2:50 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by TomYoung
Hahaha. I found a way in. It is through the flight timetable link to access all the sectors Cathay is flying in the coming year. This turns out to be a booking page, not a timetable but it offers multi city and redemption. So I tried to book MN/BKK/HKG/MNL which would have worked easily under the old booking system. I tried for next May and June to have a good chance of finding award seats. The new booking system requires me to enter every sector so I had to break the first day into MNL/HKG and HKG/BKK. It required me to specify which airline I wanted for each sector. Firstly it quoted 50,000 miles which is the same as under the old system. Then I searched the flights. WOW. To go from MNL to BKK (previously specified on Cathay) I got MNL/KUL/HKG (on MH) followed by same day HKG/KUL/BKK (again on MH). For the BKK/HKG (specified on Cathay) I got BKK/KUL/HKG (on MH) and for the 3 week later HKG/MNL (again specified on Cathay) I was give HKG/NRT/MNL (on JAL). And all for 50,000 miles. Who on earth approved these systems before they were launched to the public?
Have you considered those who submitted the system for approval after reading your post "wow, we didn't know our system can do that!"
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:07 am

The click-through online shopping portal with partners isn’t working. Now once you reach a merchant (even after having logged in), you have to click “log in to shop” and that perpetually brings you back to the login screen, and can never click through to the said partner’s website or app.

So stupid.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific - Diamond
What's the likelihood of CX enhancing our experience by extending unused mid-tier benefit vouchers once more?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: CX GO
For those that are Gold, did you receive a new Membership Card? I just received baggage tags.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by cxauhk
For those that are Gold, did you receive a new Membership Card? I just received baggage tags.
I didn’t even get the baggage tag and I can’t login to the updated app so can’t add the card to wallet….
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: BA EC
"
We are working on your request, please wait for a moment…
"

loading for ages....
cannot change ticket online ..
cannot choose seat ..
redemption ticket cannot choose a seat for free...

Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
They must be running out of things to talk about for Greens. Maybe next month’s elevate is that we may get to sit in a seat for the flight.
"Be greeted by our lovely crew upon entering our cabins."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.