The new "Cathay"

Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:08 am

By forcing members to use their phone numbers to login (by default), CX shows how far behind the curve they are adapting to technology changes. This effectively makes password managing tools / browser password fill-in / singe-sign-on tools useless, as one would have to choose their country code with the pull down menu.

I doubt if they have done any live test at all.

Shame.

Last edited by nastypenman; Aug 17, 2022 at 1:18 am
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Appallingly dumb website update done by a bunch of useless IT who clearly do not fly. Clearly no UAT was done on this as its utter crap. I can find about 15 bugs already on the website and I'm not even trying. The fact that they've implemented a airline requirement on every award search is effing mind boggling. Say I want to fly HKG-ZRH for example, they force you to pick either CX or LX. Can i not fly CX to London and then connect to a BA flight LON-ZRH? They haven't even thought of connecting flights with multiple airlines. Whoever is responsible for this pile of crap basically should be out of a job and never should have had a job in the first place.

Utter garbage.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:19 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by nastypenman
CX shows how far behind the curve they are adapting to the technology changes. This effectively makes password managing tools / browser password fill-in / singe-sign-on tools useless.
Their Hongkie IT minds think that generates stickiness. However they don't get how many non-HK ppl don't keep a fixed mobile number anymore. Or they use their work's (who aren't very good at keeping them).

Originally Posted by chinatown
Say I want to fly HKG-ZRH for example, they force you to pick either CX or LX. Can i not fly CX to London and then connect to a BA flight LON-ZRH? They haven't even thought of connecting flights with multiple airlines.
I don't think selection of airline matters. I can put in Qantas and still generate a bunch of CX results.
36902BRF likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Originally Posted by percysmith
Their Hongkie IT minds think that generates stickiness. However they don't get how many non-HK ppl don't keep a fixed mobile number anymore. Or they use their work's (who aren't very good at keeping them).

I don't think selection of airline matters. I can put in Qantas and still generate a bunch of CX results.

I wish that were the case. I just tried to look for LAX-CDG and let them put it on AA as default just to see what garbage would pop up . I got this error

Submit flight award request form online

We are unable to proceed with this booking as it includes more than 6 flights or more than 4 different cities. Please submit a flight award request form to continue.

To redeem your ticket, please submit your request by completing the flight award request form online. Our Member Services Executives will contact you to finalise your redemption request.

Yeah 6 flights or 4 cities my .... wish i had my middle finger emoji.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM

Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
I think that they have forgotten that they are an airline. Some consultant has probably sold them on the idea that they can use their brand to peddle credit cards, hotels, shopping and services, creaming off a commission on each transaction. Then they remembered that they still have seats on planes to fill. I am sorry to say that it is a terrible indictment of the Swire family and their policy of hiring Oxbridge grads, and shuffling them around the group every 3 years. What company other that Swire Pacific has a share price in 2022 that is about the same that it was in 1982? Clearly a group run for the benefit of overpaid incompetent directors and managers, not customers or owners.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by bagold

What…were…they…thinking…

Complete opposite of this OT: "Up In The Air" George Clooney Movie - Heavy AA presence
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
I think just spit and no polish…
The website is about as friendly as a Wagner Group mercenary. I found it so annoying shut it off after a few minutes. The change in log-in process is as people say, outdated and not that secure.

What is the problem with CX IT? I recall dealing with them in the 1990s at their North Point offices, and they were crap then. Must be an airline thing, for technology driven businesses they seem to avoid any investment in proper systems, huge business mistake. Other airlines are just as bad, JAL's won't talk to anyone elses, the level of security of BA's has cost them multiple times more in fines than it putting in place decent systems and processes.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Originally Posted by bagold

is this a joke..
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:26 am

Redemption search worked before 1pm (May 2023 HK-Sydney Return QF). “Not found” now.

OK redemption search is working again.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific - Diamond
So what are all these wonderful options to earn status points that we’ve been told to expect?

The website still says there coming soon. Wow.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I'm assuming us Diamonds abroad will receive them.. eventually? Surprised at the timing as well, since the 2023 extensions haven't been completed yet.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Can’t believe this is what they have been planning for more than a year. I just saw a merged brand and bugs. Nothing elevating at all.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
I don't disagree with any of these comments but I do wonder what we all expect from CX at this point when it is in such a state? To me it seems very odd to launch any of this at this point in time. I just want my airline back, flying me safely and comfortably to the places I need to go...
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:07 am

I haven't been able to search for any reward flights since the page was updated. Every time I search for any reward flights now, it just bring me to a broken page on api.cathaypacific.com/redibe/IBEFacade and get stuck there. Is anyone having the same issue?

Last edited by mccx; Aug 17, 2022 at 5:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.