Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 coronavirus - effect on Cathay Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid-19 coronavirus - effect on Cathay Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by oldchinahand
Air HK fleet
There is conflicting information from various web sites but the below from the updated Air Hong Kong's website:

'There are currently four A330Fs in the Air Hong Kong fleet, including wet lease operation, making the total fleet size of Air Hong Kong at 13.'

My understanding from an airline source is that they have leased further aircraft in the past weeks - I have no specific information and this may or may not be correct.
Just have a quick check on flights under Air Hong Kong code on FlightRadar24, and I just find out 13 planes currently operated for Air Hong Hong:

From my understanding, AHK will fly regional destinations for DHL, while long-haul flights will be conducted by other partners.
Therefore, there should be these 13 planes flying for AHK. Let's see whether there could be other planes flying with AHK code in the next few weeks.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:09 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
UO to suspend to 18 Jun

ernestnywang likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 2:43 am

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Does anyone know when Cathay will announce changes to flights in June?

I have a flight June 25th KUL to HKG, then HKG to YVR.

Is it better for me to let Cathay adjust for me or for me to change the dates on my own?
Old Apr 19, 2020, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by blum81
Is it better for me to let Cathay adjust for me or for me to change the dates on my own?
CX to adjust. Any adjust, “they owe you”
blum81 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
CX to adjust. Any adjust, “they owe you”
Makes sense. Just curious how much heads up I'll get. I'll keep an eye out starting May I guess.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 12:18 am

CX sent YVR Auntie the entry requirements email for her 12 May flight this morning (as HKPIC holder she qualifies).
Old Apr 22, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: free agent
Patiently waiting for CX to announce June/July schedule changes (aka cancellations) since I have 2 PE tickets in June/July and flights involve two of hottest current Coronavirus spots (Singapore and New York City) so no chance to fly.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by percysmith
CX sent YVR Auntie the entry requirements email for her 12 May flight this morning (as HKPIC holder she qualifies).
Can you share what it is?

Medical test at the airport? AsiaWorldExpo or Kowloon City Regal?
For those with a permanent "home" (+office) are we allowed self-quarantine there or will the quarantine be at Regal?
TIA
I need to plan so the day is not wasted from 530am waiting around for the test result plus how to maximize the 14 days of house arrest.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
Can you share what it is?

Medical test at the airport? AsiaWorldExpo or Kowloon City Regal?
For those with a permanent "home" (+office) are we allowed self-quarantine there or will the quarantine be at Regal?
TIA
I need to plan so the day is not wasted from 530am waiting around for the test result plus how to maximize the 14 days of house arrest.
Special update
CX 865
Departing on Tue, 12 May 2020

Scheduled departure: 00:55
Scheduled arrival: 05:30
Booking reference: [ ]

In light of the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the Hong Kong SAR government has implemented new travel restrictions for passengers arriving in and transiting through Hong Kong.

Before you travel, make sure you’ve checked the latest entry restrictions below to determine your eligibility.

If you are a Hong Kong resident, you're allowed to enter Hong Kong provided you hold a:
• Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
• Hong Kong SAR passport or British National (Overseas) passport (with right of abode in Hong Kong)
• Hong Kong Identity Card (this needs to be accompanied with a valid work or study visa)

If you're not a Hong Kong resident, you will only be permitted to travel to Hong Kong if you are:
• Travelling from Mainland China, Taiwan or Macao and have not been to other countries/regions in the past 14 days
• Travelling on a diplomatic passport
• The spouse / children of Hong Kong residents
• Local government personnel performing official duties
• Personnel approved by the Hong Kong SAR government to carry out anti-epidemic work
• Macao residents can enter Hong Kong with prior transport arrangements with the Macao Tourism Board.

If you do not meet the above requirements, unfortunately we are unable to accept you on this flight.

Important message if you are transiting through Hong Kong:

The Hong Kong SAR government restrictions also prohibit transiting through Hong Kong. If you have onward / connecting flights from Hong Kong with us or any other airline, unfortunately we will not be able accept you for travel. We are progressively updating all reservations containing connecting flights. Please contact your travel agent or, if you booked directly with us, our Global Contact Centres if you wish to rebook your journey to a later date.

Please do not proceed to the airport if you do not meet the Hong Kong entry requirements or if you are connecting to another flight. For more information on travel restrictions, arrival and quarantine requirements, please visit our Hong Kong travel restrictions page.

If you have any associated expenses resulting from this cancellation and are able to make a travel insurance claim, please use this email in support of your claim.

Rebooking and rerouting

We are waiving all rebooking and rerouting fees for bookings impacted by this new regulation made on or before 23 March 2020.

If you booked on our website, mobile app or through our contact centre, you can easily change your booking in Manage Booking. We will only collect the fare difference if there is any, in the new itinerary. No rebooking or rerouting fees will be charged.

If you booked through a travel agent or third-party website, please contact them directly to organise your change.

If you booked a redemption ticket, please contact Asia Miles through their online form. You will need to provide the following information in the form: your booking reference number, destination and preferred flight date/time.
Refunds
We are waiving all cancellation and refund fees for all bookings impacted by this new regulation made on or before 23 March 2020.

If you booked on our website, mobile app or through our contact centre, the fastest way to arrange a refund is to log into Manage Booking.

If you booked through a travel agent or third-party website, please contact them directly to organise your refund. We are unable to process refunds for bookings made through a travel agent or third-party website.

If you booked a redemption ticket, please contact Asia Miles through their online form. You will need to provide the following information in the form: your booking reference number, destination and preferred flight date/time.

If you meet the Hong Kong Government entry requirements, we look forward to welcoming you onboard. If you are unable to travel due to these government restrictions, our sincere apologies. We don’t underestimate the impact they have on your travel plans and our heartfelt thanks for your understanding.
tentseller likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Thanks for sharing Percy.

Finally found official entry process post immigration:

Government enhances testing arrangements for asymptomatic inbound travellers

Last edited by tentseller; Apr 22, 2020 at 5:52 pm
Old Apr 22, 2020, 7:44 pm

Programs: Alaska
So now only if you travel from Mainland China/Macao/Taiwan and have not been in other countries or regions, you can travel to Hong Kong.

The table has turned fast!
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium

Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by freed0m
So now only if you travel from Mainland China/Macao/Taiwan and have not been in other countries or regions, you can travel to Hong Kong.

The table has turned fast!
No-one except HK citizens and residents can travel to HK at the moment...
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by washeelers747
Patiently waiting for CX to announce June/July schedule changes (aka cancellations) since I have 2 PE tickets in June/July and flights involve two of hottest current Coronavirus spots (Singapore and New York City) so no chance to fly.

I'm in the same boat. Waiting for CX to inform me what's going on with my flight to Vancouver June 26th. I actually don't want to go back because I know I'll have a hell of a time trying to get back to Kuala Lumpur, but I want CX to make the first move.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by tfung
No-one except HK citizens and residents can travel to HK at the moment...

If you're not a Hong Kong resident, you will only be permitted to travel to Hong Kong if you are:
• Travelling from Mainland China, Taiwan or Macao and have not been to other countries/regions in the past 14 days
how about this one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.