Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Y pax demanded to be upgraded (CX Secrets)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Y pax demanded to be upgraded (CX Secrets)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by Austfella
I had a similar experience check-in they have clearly told me that they could op-up me (was CX GO) to J then but mrs and kid (non-status) would remain in PE. Mrs vetoed the offer so we all stuck in PE!
in situation like this id take the upgrade and switch seat with my mrs.

everyone happy. Brownie points and extra leave pass without any cost to me
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by fakecd

Haha fair point. But not when you will then be stuck with a 2 year old for 10+ hours alone!
flubber likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:51 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by kaka
if she has one?
FA step into starboard Trent 772 engine, then tell captain to come out of toilet and set the engine to TOGA
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by Austfella
Haha fair point. But not when you will then be stuck with a 2 year old for 10+ hours alone!
i once got stuck with 3 kids 6 5 3 in economy cuz i gave up my revenue J to wife... and one of my kid puked inflight.... it was chaos... best bit upon disembarking wife goes "how was it kids behaved ok? the meal wasnt as good as i wished" ....

so 10+ hr with 2yr old is walk in the park buddy
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
if you were there would you have made an attempt to arrest her under section 101 citizen arrest?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
i once got stuck with 3 kids 6 5 3 in economy cuz i gave up my revenue J to wife... and one of my kid puked inflight.... it was chaos... best bit upon disembarking wife goes "how was it kids behaved ok? the meal wasnt as good as i wished" ....

so 10+ hr with 2yr old is walk in the park buddy
There's a simple preventative mechanism for this. If you choose not to take it then you can really have no complaints!
BadgerBoi likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by christep
There's a simple preventative mechanism for this. If you choose not to take it then you can really have no complaints!
just like CX management saying to crew that miscarried 'why didn't you get hysterectomy in the first place?' during sick leave monitoring meeting
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by percysmith
Actually I find the whole incident bewildering
Ask Ms. X for her DM card
If she hasn't got one, tough.

FA already allowed Mr. X to switch with Ms. X
Should have been end of argument at that point.
Seems like the letter was written by the ISM, most likely she would have access to the passenger profile from her iPad, so I'm pretty sure the status stayed was accurate.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:43 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold

my parents always fly next to each other so that means either my sis or i get it, GA get another seat, or pass the opup to someone else at checkin desk
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:04 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Disorderly conduct is HK law, but does not apply when plane is doors open on the ground outside HKSAR Hong Kong police close in-flight thieves' loophole
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ieves-loophole <-- local law applies
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Disorderly conduct is HK law, but does not apply when plane is doors open on the ground outside HKSAR Hong Kong police close in-flight thieves' loophole
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ieves-loophole <-- local law applies
Ten since May? Weren't we told the number of cases was down?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...s-down-90-cent
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
Ten since May? Weren't we told the number of cases was down?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...s-down-90-cent
The post by percysmith was from 2012
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1010101
Quite surprised/disappointed the Captain didn't insist they were offloaded. Try something like that in Europe or especially the US and you won't be flying anywhere.
I was on HKG-LAX a couple years ago in F and one pax was being verbally abusive (but not loud) toward one of the FAs pre-departure. (The guy was a bit of a jerk in the lounge too I had noticed previously).
Captain made the call to offload him. Pax said he would behave, but pilot said it was too late. Now, I don't know how things might have been different if the pax put up a major fuss. And perhaps the length of flight had something to do with it too.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I can use a big laugh after reading this. Such a classical DYKWIA.

Beside - if someone wants to cite the United-Dao incident again, make the fact straight: United was within its legal rights to remove Dao. The problem was how it was done.

So yes - it is sad for the CX personnel working for CX, when the company go deaf about their feedbacks.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I was on HKG-LAX a couple years ago in F and one pax was being verbally abusive (but not loud) toward one of the FAs pre-departure. (The guy was a bit of a jerk in the lounge too I had noticed previously).
Captain made the call to offload him. Pax said he would behave, but pilot said it was too late. Now, I don't know how things might have been different if the pax put up a major fuss. And perhaps the length of flight had something to do with it too.
It was of course too late. If he misbehaved again mid-flight, the pilot might have to make an emergency landing (it may take up to three hours before they can land on a LAX route). This passenger may never want to fly CX again, but the other F passengers will definitely like that.

Originally Posted by garykung
I can use a big laugh after reading this. Such a classical DYKWIA.

Beside - if someone wants to cite the United-Dao incident again, make the fact straight: United was within its legal rights to remove Dao. The problem was how it was done.

So yes - it is sad for the CX personnel working for CX, when the company go deaf about their feedbacks.
CX should revoke their DM status and have them forever labeled unfit for upgrade.
kaka likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.