Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Y pax demanded to be upgraded (CX Secrets)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Y pax demanded to be upgraded (CX Secrets)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Just saw on CX Secrets they the couple are no longer DMs...but were not banned.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:39 am

Sounds like a horrific incident but is there any need to over-egg the pudding with "I felt so threatened for my life at this time."?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
u mean membership was confiscated ?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:22 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Originally Posted by fakecd
u mean membership was confiscated ?
Well I think it’s speculation. Someone posted it as a comment. No idea how they would know if it’s a fact.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:58 am

Well it wouldn't be difficult for internal staff to check the status of a given pax anyway, reason for status change may be a different story.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:02 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
What I appreciate about CX is their clear policies.

Myself (BA OWE), my wife (BA OWE), my at the time 4 year old son (BA OWE) and 9 month old son (infant ticket) were travelling in PEY on CX last year. We were on the same booking reference. The flight was oversold.

Whilst in the HKG F pier, I was paged and offered 1 op- upgrade to business. They understood that I was travelling with my family but perfectly openly said that they could not upgrade the OWE linked to the infant, nor could they upgrade the OWE child. They gave me the option of whether or not to accept. I thought 'fair enough'- it was good of them to offer a split rather than automatically overlooking the whole party due to the infant (which I suspect is how BA's system operates but no one there will ever admit to it). I find CX systems and staff a lot more transparent when it comes to these things, which I think is the best way. They will openly say "upgrade due to overbooking and being emerald"- there seems to be a set priority order that is adhered to and not a guessing game. I like that.
MSPeconomist and Arbeysix like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by sxc
Well I think it’s speculation. Someone posted it as a comment. No idea how they would know if it’s a fact.
Not the first time I saw comments there saying some abusive DM got removed from MPC (and only remain as CXAM)… So I'll consider this a "common" way for CX to handle such passengers
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Since CX backed down they will keep doing this.

Corporate should block them from even being upgraded again, no matter if flying solo or together. Punish them on all business and personal travel for encouraging this crappy behavior
​​
cruisr and kaka like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:58 am

Quite surprised/disappointed the Captain didn't insist they were offloaded. Try something like that in Europe or especially the US and you won't be flying anywhere.
cruisr, kaka, FlyPointyEnd and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by 1010101
Quite surprised/disappointed the Captain didn't insist they were offloaded. Try something like that in Europe or especially the US and you won't be flying anywhere.
Part of me makes me wonder if that means the "Do you know who I am" actually worked... But wouldn't someone of true DWKWIA status just buy the biz ticket?
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by 1010101
in US a threat like that can land you in jail for up to 20yrs let alone flying again
https://www.google.com.hk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/american-airlines-incident-passenger-tirade-prison-flight-attendant-jason-felix-a8371746.html%3famp

so perhaps its good CX kept them on board, so the pax try their stunt again on US carier next tine and they get removed from civilized society for 20yrs
kaka, Isochronous and jerrywu like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Sounds like the sort of scumbags who deserve to be abused in the Stanley Prison showers...
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:02 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Actually I find the whole incident bewildering
Ask Ms. X for her DM card
If she hasn't got one, tough.

FA already allowed Mr. X to switch with Ms. X
Should have been end of argument at that point.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:38 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Actually I find the whole incident bewildering
Ask Ms. X for her DM card
If she hasn't got one, tough.

FA already allowed Mr. X to switch with Ms. X
Should have been end of argument at that point.
if she has one?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Jed
What I appreciate about CX is their clear policies.

Myself (BA OWE), my wife (BA OWE), my at the time 4 year old son (BA OWE) and 9 month old son (infant ticket) were travelling in PEY on CX last year. We were on the same booking reference. The flight was oversold.

Whilst in the HKG F pier, I was paged and offered 1 op- upgrade to business. They understood that I was travelling with my family but perfectly openly said that they could not upgrade the OWE linked to the infant, nor could they upgrade the OWE child. They gave me the option of whether or not to accept. I thought 'fair enough'- it was good of them to offer a split rather than automatically overlooking the whole party due to the infant (which I suspect is how BA's system operates but no one there will ever admit to it). I find CX systems and staff a lot more transparent when it comes to these things, which I think is the best way. They will openly say "upgrade due to overbooking and being emerald"- there seems to be a set priority order that is adhered to and not a guessing game. I like that.
I had a similar experience check-in they have clearly told me that they could op-up me (was CX GO) to J then but mrs and kid (non-status) would remain in PE. Mrs vetoed the offer so we all stuck in PE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.