Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New regional business class in 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:26 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by percysmith
So old CX recliners for regional? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post31918866 (ignoring long haul products in regional of course)
the old regional J recliners were a lot comfier than the current regional J.
percysmith and QRC3288 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
Even BA/IB latest intra-euro A320n biz seats is a way comfort than CX so-called regional biz seats.

Yes, BA/IB intra-euro is just a std. slimline Y seats with locked next seat and with a bit larger seat pitch, but it did provides a correct seat position rather than CX one.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by rickywk
Yes, BA/IB intra-euro is just a std. slimline Y seats with locked next seat and with a bit larger seat pitch, but it did provides a correct seat position rather than CX one.
Yea, totally agree. I don't totally fault CX, I think they gave it a good try and I like how they try different things with their products (the shells in Y, coffins in J, etc. Yes they were failures, but someone there in the hard product department is at least trying to think differently.)

But, despite my plaudits for effort, I completely hate regional J especially if flying alone. Besides the lack of comfort as you both mention,
a] they have minimal storage space. Very hard to store anything.
b] putting something under the seat in front of you is a joke, it just slides down to your feet, it's slanted on the bottom and the top has that slanted, thick, loose plastic thing. I actually don't know how they got away with that from a safety perspective, I imagine there was some lobbying or obfuscation. The whole principle of putting things securely under the seat in front is to have a clear pathway out in case of an emergency. Stuff isn't supposed to just slide down to your feet. Every flight things end up at my feet, it's impossible for them not to especially if you try putting your briefcase or bag down there. i think if regulators gave that seat design a hard look, they would force everything to be in the overhead bin, which would be disastrous for CX obviously.
c] getting in/our of your seat is a mess for the window or window-side aisle pax. because they slide forward, the aisle passenger completely blocks / is completely inconvenienced by the window pax who needs to get up and use the lav. the only "decent" seats are the A333 D and G, in my opinion. Because the 777 has that middle seat so everyone is inconvenienced in some way.

i'm looking forward to the new product, while keeping in mind "be careful what you wish for"
Cryofern likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by rickywk
Even BA/IB latest intra-euro A320n biz seats is a way comfort than CX so-called regional biz seats.

BA inter-europe J ("Club Europe") has the same seat pitch as Y.
Sohoboy, SLGO and thomas164 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
BA inter-europe J ("Club Europe") has the same seat pitch as Y.
BA used to have a slightly larger pitch in the first rows (maybe 4), but that has probably disappeared. I don't know as I am always seating in row 1

More generally, comparison across different markets/regions are meaningless. Comparing the Europe (or USA) and Asia markets is not relevant. Competition is different. No European airline offer big seats and pitch in Business. Pricing is different. They do not use widebodies (with a couple of exceptions). Routes are short.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:06 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
SQ has the new Stelia Solstys seats https://www.executivetraveller.com/r...business-class . At 76 inches pitch that looks to me like a long haul-minus rather than any sort of typical regional J that you want to put on a A320.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
SQ has the new Stelia Solstys seats https://www.executivetraveller.com/r...business-class . At 76 inches pitch that looks to me like a long haul-minus rather than any sort of typical regional J that you want to put on a A320.
The fist time I got those seats on a SGN to SIN flight my reactions were

1) cool we got a longhaul plane, and new J too!
2) this is ok, but kind of cramped for longhual J seat.
3) OMG this is a regional seat?! No way. This is amazing.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:19 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
SQ sends their regional planes on much longer missions than CXs though.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
SQ sends their regional planes on much longer missions than CXs though.
true, but CX still loses in the comparison.
rickywk likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I think the CX's problem in regional flights, is the huge difference between their own J seats.. Their regional product is like half in size compare with their standard J seat, and recline similar only to PEY seats, with a screen worse than the new Y seats....
brunos, thomas164 and rickywk like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:42 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I think the CX's problem in regional flights, is the huge difference between their own J seats.. Their regional product is like half in size compare with their standard J seat, and recline similar only to PEY seats, with a screen worse than the new Y seats....
Would you route all your regional travel through SIN? If not, CX need not give you better product.
djsflynn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.