Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX Manila NAIA Relocates to Terminal 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Manila NAIA Relocates to Terminal 3

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 9:54 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
We can discuss the new lounge specifically at this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ge-manila.html
Old May 5, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Looking at satellite, it appears that it's a 1.1km walk between Terminals 2 and 1. We have rerouted ourselves a bit for our trip the end of June and it looks like we can arrive via Philippine Airlines from Cebu to Terminal 2, then walk (if needed) from there to Terminal 1 where KE is going to leave from.

Anyone disagree that this would be doable? We will just have a scuba bag, regular suitcase and carry-on each, so doesn't seem bad. Maybe the satellite is old though and this isn't possible anymore...?
Old May 6, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Looking at satellite, it appears that it's a 1.1km walk between Terminals 2 and 1. We have rerouted ourselves a bit for our trip the end of June and it looks like we can arrive via Philippine Airlines from Cebu to Terminal 2, then walk (if needed) from there to Terminal 1 where KE is going to leave from.

Anyone disagree that this would be doable? We will just have a scuba bag, regular suitcase and carry-on each, so doesn't seem bad. Maybe the satellite is old though and this isn't possible anymore...?
Walking is not doable...get a cab, pay a few hundred pesos .
Old May 6, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by kesler.go
Walking is not doable...get a cab, pay a few hundred pesos .
It IS doable. Or I should say I've done it myself. Just be aware that it rains a lot. Also if it's afternoon and clear you'll really feel that hot sun. But as long as your bags roll and you're not weighed down too much you'll be fine. The road between the 2 terminals isn't so heavily trafficked. A lot of the way doesn't have usable sidewalk but I didn't feel it was too dangerous on the side of the street.

By the way, there is a free shuttle between terminals. As you exit the doors of terminal one its stop is 50 meters or so to the left.
Old May 6, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by arabiamark
It IS doable. Or I should say I've done it myself. Just be aware that it rains a lot. Also if it's afternoon and clear you'll really feel that hot sun. But as long as your bags roll and you're not weighed down too much you'll be fine. The road between the 2 terminals isn't so heavily trafficked. A lot of the way doesn't have usable sidewalk but I didn't feel it was too dangerous on the side of the street.

By the way, there is a free shuttle between terminals. As you exit the doors of terminal one its stop is 50 meters or so to the left.
Thanks - walking is just our backup plan. Not reasonable between other terminals, but if we take PR from CEB which goes to T2, at least have this option if all goes wrong with taxis. Good to know about the shuttle as well, thanks. We will have about 3-4 hours between, so should be fine. Managed to rearrange our trip before we booked any flights and think we are going to completely avoid any other terminal transfers by doing HKG-MNL-USU-PPS-CEB-MNL-ICN (Air Juan flies USU-PPS direct on Tues/Fri for about $100-120!).

Last edited by glocklt4; May 6, 2015 at 6:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.