FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   CX Manila NAIA Relocates to Terminal 3 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1583109-cx-manila-naia-relocates-terminal-3-a.html)

etops330 Jun 5, 2014 5:14 pm

CX Manila NAIA Relocates to Terminal 3

Hello! My first post here!

CX will be moving from T1 to T3 at MNL in August 14, about time ... T1 is showing signs of age!

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/...dy-move-naia-3

orbis Jun 6, 2014 2:27 am

I wonder if the lounges will be operational by then…

TalkFlyer Jun 6, 2014 3:30 am

What about KA flights? I'll fly KA in Sept.

LapuLapu Jun 6, 2014 11:48 am

I hope there are lounges at T3...as of the moment, I don't think they will be ready by then.

FlyPointyEnd Aug 3, 2014 11:54 pm

Cathay Pacific to move to MNL Terminal 3 - any details?

NAIA Terminal 3 has completed it's rehabilitation and major carriers are transferring there from Terminal 1. (I may be one of the few who actually likes T1 because its relatively small and you can get from the plane to your car in under 15 minutes.)

ANA has been operating from Terminal 3 for a few years already, I think Delta and KLM have also moved starting August. Emirates is moving on the 15th, while SQ is moving on September 1. The news reports are still vague about CX's transfer only saying that CX is expected to move by the second week of September.

Does anyone have any info about the move? Any idea if CX will open a new lounge there?

arabiamark Aug 4, 2014 4:27 am

It looks like CX will make its move in the middle of September. It looks like there will be lounges of some kind, if the case of Delta is anything to go by.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/108...ull-operations

LapuLapu Aug 4, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm sure the lounges will be crap for a while. Just saw a Notice for Bids for the SQ lounge for NAIA 3 in the local paper so that means, nothing's been really in place.

FlyPointyEnd Sep 1, 2014 3:21 am

SQ moves to NAIA 3 today, SilverKris Lounge will be closed and will use a shared lounge until they open their new lounge in 2015...

Any update on CX transfer? Will CX also have a shared lounge set up?

TalkFlyer Sep 1, 2014 4:30 am

Info fr a lounge lady in MNL last week:
CX will use T3 on 1 Oct but lounge needed to share as well.
KA is kept in T1 as all the aircrafts are narrow body.
There is no official announcement yet.

insideman Sep 1, 2014 6:23 pm

CX Lounge in MNL

Originally Posted by kesler.go (Post 23305759)

Does anyone have any info about the move? Any idea if CX will open a new lounge there?

Rumours of a new lounge opening in March 15; temporary arrangements till then, I guess ...

FlyPointyEnd Sep 1, 2014 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by TalkFlyer (Post 23455285)
Info fr a lounge lady in MNL last week:
CX will use T3 on 1 Oct but lounge needed to share as well.
KA is kept in T1 as all the aircrafts are narrow body.
There is no official announcement yet.

Thanks! I guess CX will be the last of the major carriers to leave T1, which is actually good because the terminal is empty most of the time...makes things faster.

TalkFlyer Sep 1, 2014 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by insideman (Post 23458546)
Rumours of a new lounge opening in March 15; temporary arrangements till then, I guess ...

CX lounge in MNL T1 is nothing to write home about but at least it's a quiet place to wait for boarding after the long standing queue for a passport chop!
I wonder that it will be a zoo in the temporary lounge! >_<

FlyPointyEnd Sep 2, 2014 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by TalkFlyer (Post 23459006)
CX lounge in MNL T1 is nothing to write home about but at least it's a quiet place to wait for boarding after the long standing queue for a passport chop!
I wonder that it will be a zoo in the temporary lounge! >_<

Spoke to some ground staff, they said gate and counters are spaced far apart and they are worried that they will have more missing passengers which might be needed to be offloaded...Thats the only reason I like T1...I can get from the car to the gate and vice versa in less than 20 minutes (as long as there are no lines at the immigration counters).

CrazyJ82 Sep 2, 2014 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by kesler.go (Post 23464110)
Spoke to some ground staff, they said gate and counters are spaced far apart and they are worried that they will have more missing passengers which might be needed to be offloaded...Thats the only reason I like T1...I can get from the car to the gate and vice versa in less than 20 minutes (as long as there are no lines at the immigration counters).

I find it hard to believe this is going to be a problem. Thousands of Cebu Pacific passengers have managed to not miss their flights in T3, and CX itself doesn't seem to lose an awful lot of pax at HKG despite long distances from check-in to higher-numbered gates.

Looking forward to this change myself... ^

TalkFlyer Sep 2, 2014 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82 (Post 23464734)
I find it hard to believe this is going to be a problem. Thousands of Cebu Pacific passengers have managed to not miss their flights in T3, and CX itself doesn't seem to lose an awful lot of pax at HKG despite long distances from check-in to higher-numbered gates.

Looking forward to this change myself... ^

Don't get me wrong about T1, I hate it!
T3 is much much better from check-in counters to boarding gate as well as baggage claim to the pick up location.
Just want to avoid the lounge in this transitional period and I totally agree with CrazyJ82 looking forward the change. ^