Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How to assign F seats on CX on the 77W

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to assign F seats on CX on the 77W

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Well, if you have 1D and 2D and all other seats are unavailable, I guess that you have the best two seats you can get.

The choice of seats for a couple in CX F on the 77W series is a much discussed topic. Consensus seems to be 1A and 2A.

I think Dr. HFH already answered your question on the best seats for 2 people on the 77W.

This recent thread has discussion on 777 F.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...sus-777-a.html
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by kayjay
I find it hard to believe that all 6 F seats are taken 180 days out.
They aren't. All F window seats are blocked for premium pax on many of these flights.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: FT
I have read "read me first"

There is advise at to the best seats for a couple flying 744, but not for a couple flying 77W.
really...with respect to the 77W when it comes to F out of JFK means either 77A or 77D or soon to be 77H although not sure what that will look like when...but this is from the read me first...

"77A/77D
1A, 1K, 2A and 2K are essentially the same seat. Similarly 1D and 2D are similar to each other.

Row 1 is obviously closer to the galley so may be slightly noisier during meal times. Note that although labelled “D” seats, the egress for suites 1D and 2D are actually on the right-hand aisle (i.e. the same aisle as 1K and 2K). This means that theoretically 1A and 2A should have less foot traffic. However, anecdotal evidence suggests that this is compensated for by cabin crew using the left-hand aisle when they need to access the forward galley."

all F seats are separate and intended to be that way and you can dine together if you wish. so it really does not matter.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
1A and 2A. Easy decision.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by JeffBHD
1A and 2A. Easy decision.
^

And yes all F window seats are blocked automatically. Nothing a call to customer service (if you can get through) can't help you with.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
They aren't. All F window seats are blocked for premium pax on many of these flights.
Thank you for a clear answer to one of my questions. Another question. How does Cathay define premium pax, cash or elite (either Marco Polo or One World)?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Thank you for a clear answer to one of my questions. Another question. How does Cathay define premium pax, cash or elite (either Marco Polo or One World)?
Lots and lots and lots of topics on this. Have a read through this thread, especially from posts #45 onwards which start talking about good seats for a couple on 77A (CX's F cabin is the same across all 77(x) configs).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...s-777-a-4.html
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by mkjr
if you want my 2 cents, IMO, the placement of a soiled linen bin on the 77D on the middle bulkhead of row 11 on D, would IMO, from the traffict from BOTH F and J to the same, would suggest that I would rather be on the K side personally...probably 2K. i have not been in 2A in F but in 11A for a flight on the 77D and I must say, this bin was not there on the 77A and was rather annoying on my flight with the amount of traffict and at the end, the FA's trying to jam as much as they could into the same.
Ahhh....yes, I was in 2A on 77D last week and was wondering what was going on. The FAs didn't make much noise but I noticed their presence often when I got out of my seat. Indeed that bin used to be behind 12A on 77A, they must've moved it.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Threads merged.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Ahhh....yes, I was in 2A on 77D last week and was wondering what was going on. The FAs didn't make much noise but I noticed their presence often when I got out of my seat. Indeed that bin used to be behind 12A on 77A, they must've moved it.
Well that along with other helpful comments has convinced me to stay put in 1A. Thanks to all.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I had a bad feeling it was new....

they seemed to stream from both F and J....obviously, more linen's from J but it was a pretty steady stream during meals and when some were having snacks.

This might require an update to the sticky about the same for J and F on the 77D. I do not even have a good photo from my TR since I did not notice it until into the flight.

prior to the same, 11D/G had the added stroage and they did use those to strore extra blankets/pillows but rarely went to them.

Does not matter now to me flying out of YYZ since we have only the 77G for a while and I think, even though I get second choice in food, I will stick with row 21....not 21A since the have to fix the very large door on the77G that can swing if somone is not paying attention.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
My friend has some orphaned miles that he is giving me, I'm thinking of using it to upgrade my SIN-HKG from J to F on May 7 on CX736. The miles are expiring by June, so I might as well use it for this trip.

While waiting for my turn on Asiamiles...I tried making a booking on CX to check on the seats, I found out that only 1D and 2D are available.

However when I checked Expertflyer...it says the that 1A/K and 2A/K are on priority but not occupied. Is there another way to check? I would really love to have a window seat

Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:48 pm

I'm on the YVR-HKG flight next month. It was originally a 747 and I reserved seats 1A/1K on the website. Now it switched to 777 and I still have the same seat assignments which is not optimal. All other seats show occupied on the website.

If I understand correctly, those seats may still be available. Should I be able to get this changed by calling in or do I have to wait until check-in?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Went ahead with the upgrade...got assigned to 1A, on manage my bookings, 1A & 1K are now available...weird.

Originally Posted by kesler.go
My friend has some orphaned miles that he is giving me, I'm thinking of using it to upgrade my SIN-HKG from J to F on May 7 on CX736. The miles are expiring by June, so I might as well use it for this trip.

While waiting for my turn on Asiamiles...I tried making a booking on CX to check on the seats, I found out that only 1D and 2D are available.

However when I checked Expertflyer...it says the that 1A/K and 2A/K are on priority but not occupied. Is there another way to check? I would really love to have a window seat

Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:11 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Flying HKG-LHR on a 77W. Revenue F ticket.

I am the only passenger in F right now (there are six seats in the cabin and five are still for sale).

All window seats are unavailable. I can choose 1D or 2D. Gee . . . thanks.

I should not have to call to get them to fix this. How CX is handling the seat assignments on-line is absurd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.