Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG to TPE.. any food?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:20 am
Suspended

There was 滷肉飯 served on TPE-HKG on my flight a few weeks ago.
Nothing comparable to what you can find in TW, but it was actually not that bad ^
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:02 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
There was 滷肉飯 served on TPE-HKG on my flight a few weeks ago.
Nothing comparable to what you can find in TW, but it was actually not that bad ^
The two airlines' chicken rice didn't keep us for long, we went out for dinner right after checking in.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
On Taiwan news channels yesterday all the economy assengers off EVA air and China Airlines all .....ing how they are being ripped off by being served sandwiches and not hot meals on the Taipei Hong Kong routes, like they really will starve on a 90 minute flight. But NO, they demand a hot meal because they think they have paid for it and the airlines are making extra profits by palming them off with sandwiches. Hilarious how thick the people are that the news channels get to interview and yet all the pictures they use in the clips are on long haul business class.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Last night's hkg-tpe in y saw us served at dinner time:

-small box of fried rice
-cup of water with choice of tea or coffee

Think it's a step too far given these are supposed to be full service airlines, would at least expect the option for some juice or soft drink and perhaps something for dessert at meal times.

Luckily I'd been at The Bridge beforehand. . .
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yohy?!
Last night's hkg-tpe in y saw us served at dinner time:

-small box of fried rice
-cup of water with choice of tea or coffee

Think it's a step too far given these are supposed to be full service airlines, would at least expect the option for some juice or soft drink and perhaps something for dessert at meal times.

Luckily I'd been at The Bridge beforehand. . .
Yet in business class we are always offered a choice of two cooked meals with full drinks trolley
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by mayodave
On Taiwan news channels yesterday all the economy assengers off EVA air and China Airlines all .....ing how they are being ripped off by being served sandwiches and not hot meals on the Taipei Hong Kong routes, like they really will starve on a 90 minute flight. But NO, they demand a hot meal because they think they have paid for it and the airlines are making extra profits by palming them off with sandwiches. Hilarious how thick the people are that the news channels get to interview and yet all the pictures they use in the clips are on long haul business class.
Edited 16/12: Oh. Non-mealtimes only. I flew over lunchtime both ways http://www.appledaily.com.tw/appleda...1212/35502264/

Last edited by percysmith; Dec 15, 2013 at 8:31 pm
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Just took CX474/HKGTPE yesterday. Must said the noodle served in Y really didn't taste well.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mayodave
Yet in business class we are always offered a choice of two cooked meals with full drinks trolley
funny you should mention it but i flew back in J - the size of the so-called "meals" is now hilariously small
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:21 pm
Suspended

I never touch them as I have either eaten in HKG or will be eating when I get home in Taiwan.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Edited 16/12: Oh. Non-mealtimes only. I flew over lunchtime both ways http://www.appledaily.com.tw/appleda...1212/35502264/
I'm not convinced by CI/CX's excuses, travellers do eat their TPE meals even in non-mealtime.

Lunch on board was a great convenience for me on the way back yesterday too. Originally I planned to lunch in The More lounge and then get on board. But I followed a mate in moving up my flight an hour early. The hour saved getting into HK early was put into good use snapping up some more coupons for Bankcomm manufactured spend.

I can contrast this with MEL-SYD, where a heated roll is served as a rule for approx equal length flight. Easier to get into and out of terminals on both ends for a start (no 45 minute wait in immigration), and less walking from fast food court to gate.

Perhaps they can cut out meals in J instead. You lot will really eat on the ground.

Last edited by percysmith; Dec 16, 2013 at 3:57 am
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:49 am
Suspended

Latest post from CX secrets page on Facebook

新TPE service只係早餐要擺coffee/tea,refreshments係唔洗擺架,老總同d purser係唔係都話要擺,好annoying。

Please noted that for TPE new service, only breakfast need to place coffee/tea on cart top. Other than that, refreshments we don't have to put.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 8:34 am

funny that i flew dragonair HKG-KHH 1 hour flight with a decent meal service, 1 hr flight but TPE-HKG no meal service? flying on the 1010 flight, hoping for at least a hot breakfast?

or i need to get some food and eat on board?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:59 am
Suspended

CX FA's view on TPE food quality

http://instagram.com/p/iqECe2PHuH/
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Had a few rounds of HKG / Taipei in the past month, meals were fried rice served in a paper box (like the picture in the previous post), another time was minced meat with rice in a paper box. Last week, i decided to ask for a sandwich and the FA came back with a tomato and lettuce sandwich - it was probably for vegetarians.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Here's what I was served during a flight on December 26, 2013 in Business:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/113494806@N08/11756364085/

When I came back on December 28, 2013 in Premium Economy (CX 472, Departure 15:55), I was given a hot wrap and a Tetra Pak of Oolong Tea. I didn't even get the fried rice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.