Wiki Posts
Search

HKG to TPE.. any food?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:35 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by correctioncx
If u missed a train you need to wait 5-8 more minutes.
The journey is always 24 minutes tops so I factored it in.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
The journey is always 24 minutes tops so I factored it in.
I guess it's not the end of the world if u missed the plane as u can get the next one in 1 hour and u can use ur plaza premium lounge.

Lucky it is not LHR t5 as they have conformance at security
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:56 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I guess it's not the end of the world if u missed the plane as u can get the next one in 1 hour and u can use ur plaza premium lounge.

Lucky it is not LHR t5 as they have conformance at security
There is now conformance at other LHR terminals as well.

I wonder if it is being introduced at HKG. They now scan the BP at the entrance to security screening area, so I wonder if this is in preparation for it.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sxc
There is now conformance at other LHR terminals as well.

I wonder if it is being introduced at HKG. They now scan the BP at the entrance to security screening area, so I wonder if this is in preparation for it.
Imagine if they start to have this in HKG - I def do not want to be the person guarding the security checkpoint! I think they scan the BP now to ascertain whether it is a "real" BP or not (as you can print it urself and use a mobile version). They do this in the US now as well.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:27 pm

Urrgh I hope HKIA won't do this! Seriously cramp my style.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:00 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
How can u leave ur office at 1 for a 215 flight? Thought u r working at pp
even for gate 70 i've done it before - lots of running involved tho
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
If he did in-town check-in in the morning / hand carry only I can't see why not... Taxi from PP to HKIA is approx. 30min on a good day, then another 15 for immigration and security. It's pushing the limit but I did something similar before.
What's PP
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:45 am
Suspended

Depends which card percysmith is keeping. The PremierMiles one just announced few days ago it will now be limited to maximum of 4 visits per year
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (Xperia Z: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4; Nexus 7 Build/KRT16S) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.59 Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
If he did in-town check-in in the morning / hand carry only I can't see why not... Taxi from PP to HKIA is approx. 30min on a good day, then another 15 for immigration and security. It's pushing the limit but I did something similar before.
What's PP
Pacific place at Admiralty
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Depends which card percysmith is keeping. The PremierMiles one just announced few days ago it will now be limited to maximum of 4 visits per year
Have an unlimited PP from Dah Sing VI.

Hoping to keep CX Amex for Arrivals Lounge and (for the +1) Wellness lounge.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Have an unlimited PP from Dah Sing VI.

Hoping to keep CX Amex for Arrivals Lounge and (for the +1) Wellness lounge.
why dont both of you get CX AMEX so you can cross reference and get 2 cards each, to abuse whichever massage you want?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by kaka
why dont both of you get CX AMEX so you can cross reference and get 2 cards each, to abuse whichever massage you want?
Perhaps should ask the +1 but she probably want the subs for her parents.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:02 am

I have to bolt out of the office at 1, catch the 2:15, get there sometime close to 4pm and rush into town by 6 to meet with mates already there.

Given the rushed service even if it's jetstar I'll buy the onboard meal - oh btw the CI meal tastes better than what jetstar meals look like.
Just an update on how actual performance corresponded to plan.

Left office at 12:40. Could have left earlier but boss wanted to see another teammate first. It's his last day in the office of the year so I had to get the all-clear.

Got to AEL by 13:03. Forgot to tell the cabbie to u-turn at the door, could have saved an extra 5 minutes and some $.

Didn't have to wait for the AEL, airport by 13:25. Gotta love the AEL.

Took some cash at BoC ATM (13:28) .for the return taxi, and couldn't resist buying $1,000 Mannings coupons for Red Hot Winter (13:32) - I'll buy the rest on my return leg.

Powerwalked into security - behind some Canadian woman who needed 5 trays for her bags - cleared security in like 5 minutes.

Powerwalked into the Gate 4 Page One for +1's magazine under DBS Black offer (13:42) and popped into Plaza Premium East Hall Lounge for a couple of bottles of Bonaqua (13:43). Also stopped by Gate 15 Page One for more mags.

My gate is actually Gate 31. So naturally I nabbed one more mag at Gate 30 Page One (didnt wait for the receipt, should be around 13:48). I also went to gate and changed my Skyteam FFP from CZ to MU (Chinese Skypesos to Skydongs..not expecting any difference).

Still not boarding, so took time to fix a packing mistake - I forgot to put a <100ml tube of hair gel in my overnight bag (I generally check in so overnight bag is the exception not the norm). Too bad the East Hall Mannings immediately after security is now replaced by a tourist-bait Wing Wah - walked up to Mannings Gate 60 by 14:00 and back again.

Boarded about 5 minutes after and pushed back 12 minutes or so later..

I can fit a East Lounge noodle if I didn't go for the hair gel or the last two magazines, sure..
But I rather not slurp boiling hot noodles in a big hurry. Had an average-quality chicken rice and cake washed down with a badly needed cup of coffee on the plane - should fill me til dinner in TP City.

I don't see the rushed argument. Flight time is approximately 95 minutes, and the trolley dolleys have enough time to serve lunch, tea, coffee and do duty free as well (I don't understand Taiwanese obsession with Duty Free).

(Alright, the dollies got a time extension as we.entered a holding pattern due to one of the TPE runways being under maintenance - 10 minutes. All dollies are still out there selling).

Last edited by percysmith; Dec 13, 2013 at 3:22 am
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:12 am

Unlike train/public transport commute, I can't conveniently eat walking thru security or getting thru immigration.
(I wrote the above post while airborne, now I'm on the ground) How prescient I was.

Immigration queue took like 45 minutes. My last TW prepaid sim was out, and the TPE airport free internet was totally hosed.

Ok I got out on the T2 end when I should have got out of T1 (this time, I followed the signs!).

There appears to be five big jets from the Mainland - so many tourists holding purple PRC Taiwan entry permits.

But my mate on CX 30 minutes before me (who almost got out of T2 also but followed the crowd instead of the signs) said T1 queue was just as bad.

Commute my axse.

Last edited by percysmith; Dec 13, 2013 at 3:21 am
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by B-HXG
It is no longer sandwich service now for HKG/TPE route.
They now serve hot meals packed in a paper box now with tea.
Asked my mate on CX if he had anything before he flew (his flight 13:30). He said he didn't, but CX had the boxed meal on board as you said. Chicken rice, same as me on CI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.