Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2011, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by hadsst
My guess:

'A' - Boeing aircrafts with Olympus seats - 74A, 77A
'B' - Airbus aircrafts with Olympus seats - 33B, 34B

'D' - Boeing aircrafts with Cirrus J seats (F/J/Y config) - 77D
'E' - Airbus aircrafts with Cirrus J seats (J/Y config) - 33E

'C' has been used by KA for those 330s transferred from CX. (KA also has 33As, 33Ls and 33Rs, but CX uses 'B' and 'E' so no confusion.)

'F' not used - not to be confused with freighters?
Pretty much spot on, except that A and D are used for three-class configs, and B and E for two-class. It just so happens that on CX's current long haul layouts all of the three class aircraft are Boeing and the two class Airbus.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Stampy
This will be the first step to curb those freeloaders south of the border from abusing the award system on the YYZ flights. When seat awards are that easy to grab and people are over abusing it, you know the airline is going to do something about it. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they no longer have the easy F award path via YYZ. ^^
Aren't we people who live in YYZ will also suffer from that
Old Aug 21, 2011, 5:54 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by hadsst
'F' not used - not to be confused with freighters?
77F & 77X are Aircraft Codes for the Boeing 777 Freighter.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:42 pm

And here's the 33G.

http://airlineroute.net/2011/08/22/cx-33g/
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: Cathay Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
For the 33G aircraft,

Business Class: 38 VS 39 (the removal of seat 12K - but why?)
Premium Economy: 28 (4 rows of 7)
Economy: 175 VS 223 (remove 6 rows)

That means that 4 rows of Premium Economy replaces 6 rows of Economy. Current, Economy Class pitch is 32", so I would estimate the new Premium Economy seat pitch will be 43" pitch, as you need to reserve about 20 inches for an additional bulkhead (32*6/4)-20.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:00 am

Crew rest???

I believe that 12K is a crew rest, but I'm not too sure myself.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:44 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
33G is another disappointment. Just removing 1 seat isn't going to make the seat width meaningfully larger.

I guess it was to be expected, though.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, isn't it about time the CX made a formal announcement regarding the hard product?

I'm very interested to know what the seat is like and if this is just a seat upgrade like BA or if there is a service upgrade as well like QF.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by midlevels
33G is another disappointment. Just removing 1 seat isn't going to make the seat width meaningfully larger.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, isn't it about time the CX made a formal announcement regarding the hard product?

I'm very interested to know what the seat is like and if this is just a seat upgrade like BA or if there is a service upgrade as well like QF.
Based on what CX has said, you will probably see upgraded catering and service, and perhaps even a dedicated bathroom (would the 33G allow this?)

Bit laughable that CX will introduce W after QF, but will have W on the 330 before QF.....
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I'd prefer if CX is to redesign their Y product instead of 'launching' a Y+ product.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by midlevels

Yes, I'm pretty sure most other airlines with PE in an Airbus (e.g. , VS, AF) have the same 7-abreast config. And FWIW, going from 8- to 7-abreast on an Airbus gives you more space, mathematically, than going from 9- to 8-abreast as is the case on the 777. (Although 9-abreast coach on a 777 may be wider than 8-abreast on an Airbus in the first place, so it's probably a wash.)

In any event, you'll likely get an extra 1-2" of seat cushion width, and perhaps more importantly, an extra 1-2" of separation between seats. You won't be rubbing shoulders with your seatmate, which is, IMO, the worst part of coach.

Also, FWIW, Qantas does 2-3-2 on its domestic A330s in business class.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
And FWIW, going from 8- to 7-abreast on an Airbus gives you more space, mathematically, than going from 9- to 8-abreast as is the case on the 777. (Although 9-abreast coach on a 777 may be wider than 8-abreast on an Airbus in the first place, so it's probably a wash.)
...and the question how much will be allocated to wider aisles rather than providing wider seats.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I'd prefer if CX is to redesign their Y product instead of 'launching' a Y+ product.
^ I agree with you Guy. As a passenger, I really liked the seats my first time on CX. But after subsequent flights, I started to feel pain in my back area which is not pleasant. I still like the idea of slouching whenever I munch on my meals, or sleep and the privacy part of the seats. Maybe CX will announce a new Y design along with Y+. CX has not formally announced anything yet so who knows. I don't even know anything yet regarding the seats and I recently started flying for CX on the 777.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
You may not have to wait too long.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
So row 30-33 have a 2-4-2 config? 39 has a 2-3-2?

What's the deal with row 42 though...only 42 AC and no B?
There's no 42B, because of the toilet enclosure at the middle of the aircraft, that the length of the toilet pair is cutting into the actual aisle area (the pair of toilets are wider than the bench of 3 seats.)
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: FT
my CX828 flight in may from HKG-YYZ has been downgraded from F to J.

CX829 from YYZ to HKG still showing in F. this was award booking with BA miles. no notice of it other than here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.