Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger Name & TItle

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Passenger Name & TItle

I just booked a flight through an agent for Cathay Pacific.

I noticed that they grouped my title to the first name:
SMYTH/NATHANMR

Which is OK, but then when I login to the Cathay manage bookings page I see:
Passenger: 1. Smyth Nathanmr for everything, including when I add frequent flyers etc.

Apart from looking weird on the website, I know the name must exactly match the travel document. But my first name does not include MR

Does anyone know whether this will impact my flights?
I can't check in online until 48hours in advance, which makes me nervous in case things are messed up.

Cheers
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:16 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, nafe12
I am moving your thread to our Cathay Pacific Forum for discussion.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: UA,AA,CX,SWA
Just do OLCI without changing your name on the OLCI page. You should be fine. I have more OLCI problems with their sister airline, KA, though.

Even though you cannot do OLCI, the check-in agent will accept the discrepancy. You are not alone. This happens to many people.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Right, so it is actually considered a 'mistake'?

I range the agent that booked and said we can't enter spaces into passenger names which is why it appears like that. Seemed that it was a familiar question.

I rang the Cathay Office in London, who had a recording saying "This office is closed due to technical difficulties"...
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:15 pm

This has been standard practice for many years. Before the internet and OLCI etc we as passangers never saw the entry though and were thus never aware of it being entered in this manner.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

I assumed it was an issue as I could not login to manage my booking using as it didn't recognise my name without the MR at the end.

i.e. the login form asks for surname, firstname and CX booking ref (5 dig)
Doesn't work unless I enter the firstname with MR at the end.

OK so at least if I go to the airport I'll have a strong case to argue should they cause a fuss
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
My boarding passes always print with the title at the end of my first name. Never had a problem with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.