Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

2 Capital One cashback cards: Business 2%, Personal 1.5% [Card names change]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 Capital One cashback cards: Business 2%, Personal 1.5% [Card names change]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 1:20 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by sotorrific
I have several 5% cb cards, but they don't always apply to the category I need. For example, if I'm shopping at a clothing store that isn't a department store, there isn't a card I'm aware of with a higher than 1% rate.

That's why I want a 2% cb card -- for everyday, unbonused spend.
you might wanna do more research and read around -- there are many cards with higher %age everyday, unbonused spend.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FTRox87
you might wanna do more research and read around -- there are many cards with higher %age everyday, unbonused spend.
I know the Barclaycard Arrival+ gets 2.2% for travel redemptions, and I know the JCB card gets 3% on everything (but is a hassle to apply for and pay).

If there's a card that gets more than 2% on unbonused purchases (where the cashback is redeemable towards anything, not just travel), I'd love to learn about it.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sotorrific
I've searched around but haven't seen much about this card.
See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...es-change.html

Capital One periodically changes the names of their cards, but the rewards programs are essentially the same.

Threads merged by moderator, for your convenience.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; May 28, 2014 at 8:45 am
Old May 28, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by chelmkamp
As an effective 1.5% card, this thing blows Venture and VentureOne out of the water. To make the Venture annual fee worth it, one would have to spend over $11800 per year on the card to match the cash back of the new Cash card.
I have both the Cap1 Spark card for business and Cap1 Venture card for personal. Simple and you get what you pay for. I have to wait for travel expenses before I can cash in the Venture points, and I have to do it within 90 days of the travel charges. I'm happy to see the $11800/yr analysis as I easily spend this much in a year.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:22 pm

Cap One Spark Cash Card

Hi all, I got an offer for this card in the mail today. It gives 2% cash back on all purchases, no foreign transaction fees, and no annual fee. I used to have this card when there was a $39 annual fee. Looks like a good deal. Looks like Cap One is trying to compete with Citi Double Cash.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:50 pm

Even with the no annual fee the triple pull Capital One does makes it non competitive.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:52 pm

Correction: The old Cap One Spark Cash card I used to have had a $59 annual fee. I cancelled it before the annual fee kicked in.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
Even with the no annual fee the triple pull Capital One does makes it non competitive.
+1
The only Cap1 card I've had in 40 years was a couple of years ago when they gave you up to a 100K match. Otherwise with the 3X pull not worth it.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Curious. The CapOne Disclosures page for the Spark Cash Card says:

Annual Fee $0 intro for the first year, $59 thereafter.
And I can't find anything about a Foreign Transaction Fee at all.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum

All crap one cards are nftf
Old Dec 14, 2014, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum

The Disclosure I have clearly states no annual fee. I'm not sure if this was a targeted mailing or if the card terms will eventually change to no annual fee.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by steve4
The Disclosure I have clearly states no annual fee. I'm not sure if this was a targeted mailing or if the card terms will eventually change to no annual fee.
The Spark Cash for Business card has an AF of $59 after the first year. The Spark Cash Select for Business card does NOT have an AF at all. Are you sure you care talking about the Spark Cash card and not the Spark Cash Select card?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
The Spark Cash for Business card has an AF of $59 after the first year. The Spark Cash Select for Business card does NOT have an AF at all. Are you sure you care talking about the Spark Cash card and not the Spark Cash Select card?
Just double checked the offer. It is for the Spark Cash Card. Annual Fee: None.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:00 am

Was initially on the fence about this card, but took the potential triple pull hit, applied, and was approved for 20K. The online disclosure did say 2% back on all purchases, no annual fee, no FTF.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by steve4
The online disclosure did say 2% back on all purchases, no annual fee, no FTF.
Can you provide the link for that online disclosure? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.