Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

2 Capital One cashback cards: Business 2%, Personal 1.5% [Card names change]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 Capital One cashback cards: Business 2%, Personal 1.5% [Card names change]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jmastron

2) Does the online site show pending transactions (not posted yet) transactions? I find this invaluable to see who's putting holds, spotting fraudulent charges quickly, etc.
I am also interested in this feature. I would also like to know from any of you that have the CapOne card, if there is the ability to generate one time use numbers, as the Schwab card did?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I am also interested in this feature. I would also like to know from any of you that have the CapOne card, if there is the ability to generate one time use numbers, as the Schwab card did?
I have the VentureOne. Transactions do not appear until posted, but this may be due to the fact I use the card only overseas. Chase seems to be quickest with posting transactions from the 4 banks I use.

I do not believe there are one time use numbers associated with this card. My Citi card is the only current card I have with that feature.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Gold
Sorta weird, I received a disclosure packet in the mail today from Capital One for the cash rewards card, but no card in the mail.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:34 am
bbd

Applied for the card online, it said they will mail me a reply.

So now a waiting game.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Mediahound
Sorta weird, I received a disclosure packet in the mail today from Capital One for the cash rewards card, but no card in the mail.
That's SOP. The card will arrive in a couple of days.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
How do you get the cash rewards for the 1.5% card?

Do they have some bank account you can transfer to for minimal interest and an ATM?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
3.How do I get my cash?
You can ask for your cash anytime you want by calling the Rewards Center toll-free or going online. You can even set a specific threshold for redemption in which you would automatically receive your cash back. To redeem your cash, your account must be open and in good standing, which means it isn't past due, overlimit, fraudulent, restricted, part of a consumer credit counseling program or in a bankruptcy settlement.

12.How long will it take to receive my reward?
Statement credits will be applied within five to seven business days of redemption. If a check or gift card is requested, it will be sent to the account holders' mailing address on file within 30 days of the redemption request.
http://www.capitalone.com/creditcard...02_T_CP99101EF
Old Sep 14, 2011, 5:50 pm

Just applied and got instant approved. Thanks to the OP. The card will be a nice replacement for the Schwab.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Did anyone get a low credit line? May be a "business card" thing. I only got $5k whereas I typically qualify for 20-50k.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Does the Business No Hassle Cash Premier card have foreign transaction fees? Couldn't find anything that said it doesn't.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
As far as we know, no Capital One card assesses a Foreign Transaction Fee.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by mia
As far as we know, no Capital One card assesses a Foreign Transaction Fee.
Just called and asked. This is correct. No Capital One cards assess the fee.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by chelmkamp
Anyone know if CapOne will convert products (I have done this with Chase numerous times), or do they typically require reapplying?
I called to convert one of my old C1 miles card that's been dormant for a while and they were able to switch it to the cash card and convert the miles to cash that I still had on that card. The rep seemed to imply that a card can cannot be converted if its less than 6 months old (either via new app or another conversion).
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by dchoe
I called to convert one of my old C1 miles card that's been dormant for a while and they were able to switch it to the cash card and convert the miles to cash that I still had on that card. The rep seemed to imply that a card can cannot be converted if its less than 6 months old (either via new app or another conversion).
That's nice to know that CapitalOne is offering conversions now. For a period of time they weren't allowing any account conversions whatsoever.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
Originally Posted by jmastron
Looking to replace the old Schwab 2% cash back card, and I have 2 Capital One questions:

1) Does Cap One have a way to set up automatic ACH payment of the full statement balance each month? FIA (who admininstered the Schwab cards) does; it's not an online option but a separate form you send in once. Not interested in anything that requires me to remember to log in and set up each payment.

Edit: I see their FAQ says "our online system does not currently offer a recurring payment function, but some Capital One accounts are eligible to participate in a program called Capital One AutoPay". Who is "eligible"?

2) Does the online site show pending transactions (not posted yet) transactions? I find this invaluable to see who's putting holds, spotting fraudulent charges quickly, etc.
I too am replacing my Schwab card - I am so sad this card is ending. I decided Cap One was the way to go and applied yesterday on line.....my concerns.....

No acknowledgement of my application - I had to call today to find out if I really applied. I should state that my credit is such that I usually get a card with too much credit limit for my needs and have no debt.

I also wish to autopay as I pay in full each month - I could not get an answer to this question when I called - I also had noted the website AutoPay comment.

I check my account weekly to make sure everything is alright - I think posting pending charges is very important - I will need to drop the card if that isn't available.

I was amazed in the last day that with all the commercials on TV that the level of info and service was as little as it was. I almost felt as if the company was looking for people to apply - but willing to let those concerned with all these little details get frustrated and opt out. Maybe they just want those that carry a balance as customers and this is a sneaky way to weed out those of us who use the card for convenience instead of floating a loan?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.